Sci-fi range?

SaintRigger

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well in Shadowrun terms she'd be samurai with formfit armour and two heavy pistols (probably smartwired), probably also wired reflexes and cybereyes with IR and lowlight. Her gear is illegal, but easilly concealed.

He'd be a security guard, soldier or merc in full armour (both highly illegal and highly obvious) with vision enhancers and comms built into the HELMET rather than his HEAD, and say, an AK97. Without cyberware, he'd have been able to max out his natural attributes, or buy some extra skills, or purchase a suite of surveillance or demolition or long range bombardment equipment.

She'd be an operative for "quick discreet interventions" whereas he'd be joining the fray in obvious and acknowledged warzones- or to pull her out in a dazzling display of gross unsubtelty if the brown stuff hits the fan and secrecy is a lost dream.

She does need a greatcoat though. in shadowrun, EVERYONE needs a greatcoat......

I just hope that Reaper are going to pull the bit out and really get going on this range. That said I also hope they are going to drastically raise the standard, I look at both the greens above and they do absolutely nothing for me. The trooper is by far the better of the two but I just don't like the style of the armour. The girl is exactly the type of figure I won't buy, I am not sure what the pose is meant to be but the legs are all wrong for someone who is running and the arms aren't much better.

If the figures are for a skirmish scale table-top game (AICOM) they need to be less animated, have her more in a walking pose not full on run. If they are going to do a modern/sci-fi roleplay range then these are on ok start, but that is all.

Sorry to be negative but this is a range I really want to see but I want to see a standard that is equivalent to the fantasy range and these just don't cut the mustard for me.

Stuart

I'd like to politely disagree that these don't live up to the fantasy standard. They're simply a different style than the fantasy figs, and they're also only the first three figures in a new line vs. more than 800 codes produced for dark heaven. That line has had a lot more time to evolve stylistically. Go back to some of the 2000-2100 Dark Heaven codes and tell me these figs don't outshine those.