I got three bottle of paint in my bag at Reapercon .... a clear orange, blue, and green (I think).  The numbers (09605-7 on the paint indicate that they are a limited editions, I think.

Where do they fit in the sequence of Reaper Paints?  I don't seem to have any other paints in that sequence of numbers.

Info will be appreciated.

UPDATE:

Just figured out that the paints are LE and fall within the LE numbering system.  I'm deducing that they are reissued LE paints?  And that the others may or may not reappear?

Edited by Highlander
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the impression that Clear Phthalo Green is equivalent (roughly, at least) to the old OOP Clear Viridian.

In another forum topic, I have been informed that Clear Phthalo Blue is likely phthalo blue (green shade), and thus slightly different from the current Clear Blue, which is understood to be phthalo blue (red shade).

2 hours ago, Highlander said:

UPDATE:

Just figured out that the paints are LE and fall within the LE numbering system.  I'm deducing that they are reissued LE paints?  And that the others may or may not reappear?

Correct, they are Limited Edition (not Lawful Evil :devil:).  Any paint that has a 096xx SKU falls into this category.  They are mostly only available during ReaperCon, but there is a Christmas set available during December, Pumpkin Orange which usually comes in the Ghoulie Bag in October, and Heartthrob Pink which sometimes available in February.

• Thanks 1

List of Limited Edition paints.

As a note, it appears that Reaper started near the end of the cycle, and has looped back around and started filling in earlier numbers.  So the paints are new to the LE cycle, even if they are re-issues of previously existing colors, and the 096XX number should not be used as an indication of the age of any particular color/formulation.

Clear as mud, right?

:winkthumbs:

• Thanks 1