Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am so getting this right now!

i wish! That Emperor one is really cool, and already sold out haha   i did buy a Funko pop of the Hunter (and then did a ink wash on it to add shading to the bones)   here's my sha

The Skeksis at Netflix have now canceled the Age of Resistance. No season 2.    https://io9.gizmodo.com/dark-crystal-age-of-resistance-has-been-canceled-by-ne-1845132612

Posted Images

I'm up to episode 5 and really enjoying it.  Much of my enjoyment is just being amazed and awed by the creativity and detail packed into each scene.  

Really hoping someone licenses some minis for this (just sayin', Reaper :;):)  ... or there is a game produced that contains minis that could be repurposed.

8 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

Much of my enjoyment is just being amazed and awed by the creativity and detail packed into each scene.  

it is pretty amazing, knowing that all those sets are hand built, which means every grass, every leaf, was purposely made and placed. The making of documentary is pretty interesting

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Inarah said:

Have seen the first few episodes. It's as weird as the original.  I didn't remember it being so 'muppetty'. Maybe I'm not engaging with the characters enough.  Have a few ideas for next Reapercon though......

Some of the characters definitely are more muppety. I was surprised by that, because the original never gave me a muppets vibe on style. Not all of them are, but at least Seladon is super muppetish.

• Like 1

i recall the gelfling in the movie being very stiff and unexpressive, while the main gelfling in this one seem to have more movement in their face, eyes and ears. But the background / secondary characters seem to still have the same unexpressive, lifeless look as the movie gelfling did

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Clearman said:

Just in case you have some spare hobby funds. 

https://www.wetanz.com/brands/the-dark-crystal-age-of-resistance

i wish! That Emperor one is really cool, and already sold out haha

i did buy a Funko pop of the Hunter (and then did a ink wash on it to add shading to the bones)

here's my shaded one vs stock photo

Skekmal.JPEG

61+qQqWMv-L._AC_SL1300_.jpg

• Like 7
4 hours ago, Chris Palmer said:

Blooper Reel!   :lol:

https://youtu.be/GDUoAXuyGJU

Yes!!! Thank you!

This was on Facebook temporarily and I absolutely loved it, but then it was taken down

So glad to see it somewhere else

The puppeteers seemed like they were having a blast

• Like 1