Sign in to follow this  
Sirithiliel

Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance

On 12/2/2019 at 6:26 AM, Glitterwolf said:

???

In the end they merge together and become whole again.

I wouldn't really call it losing.

they have meant the gelfling, not the urskeks

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

they have meant the gelfling, not the urskeks

Yes, both merge into one being didn't they?

I might have remembered something wrong..

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Yes, both merge into one being didn't they?

I might have remembered something wrong..

the skeksis and the mystics did, yes.

spoiler for the gelfling below for those that haven't seen it to avoid

Spoiler

but the gelfling were wiped out in a genocidal war sometime between Age of Resistance and the movie. That is probably what Citrine is sad about. No matter what the Gelfling do in the first season, or in the possible second season, we KNOW they are going to be wiped out by the Garthim in the Garthim Wars, regardless of what army they build or what resistance they put up, we know the Gelfling lose

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

the skeksis and the mystics did, yes.

spoiler for the gelfling below for those that haven't seen it to avoid

Reveal hidden contents

but the gelfling were wiped out in a genocidal war sometime between Age of Resistance and the movie. That is probably what Citrine is sad about. No matter what the Gelfling do in the first season, or in the possible second season, we KNOW they are going to be wiped out by the Garthim in the Garthim Wars, regardless of what army they build or what resistance they put up, we know the Gelfling lose

Right, the mystics...that's where I went wrong.

9 minutes ago, Citrine said:

Sirithiel said what I meant much better than I did!  

My memory got the Gelflings and the Mystics mixed up in the final scene, hence my confusion.

I need to rewatch the movie, I have it in my collection.

• Like 1

DARNIT!!

Ugh. I hope another network decides to snag it - they did so well! My treacherous cold heart loved tormenting the gelflings... and the good part loved seeing them fight back.

• Like 1

I guess I don't have a real rush to finish up the series now. I was curious when season 2 was coming out as it's been over a year since they debuted. I don't binge watch shows, so I'm about halfway through it.

Hopefully someone like HBOMax pick em up. If HBO did pick em up, give me a real reason to sign up for them. That is real crappy planning on Netflix's part (so glad I don't "pay" for that service anymore (thou I still pay, it's just included in my phone bill now), then again I've heard they do make stupid decisions when it comes to show renewals. 

I read somewhere that DC animated are all going to HBOMax as well.

Netflix does seem to make crappy decisions when it come to renewals, but it is what it is.  For Netflix, I'm sure they base their decisions in part by how many people watched a given show, and by how many of those viewers were new subscribers, compared to the overall cost of production.  Brining in new subscribers is, and retaining existing, is the primary way they makes their money.  Rescuing shows canceled by other networks makes sense because there's a good chance it will bring new subs.  Renewing shows doesn't bring in a lot on new subs because most of those viewers are already there.  They probably do lose a few subs over cancelations, but cost of production probably has a lot higher steering power

56 minutes ago, haldir said:

I read somewhere that DC animated are all going to HBOMax as well.

A lot of the DC animated movies and series are already on HBOMax.  Not all, but a lot.  Something that doesn't get advertised a lot is that HBOMax is actually the streaming outlet for Warner Medias library, so also includes Harry Potter, Looney Tunes,, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, and Studio Ghibli among others.

i'd be worried about it going to Disney+, Disney seems to have a habit of meddling in any shows on their platform, often to the detriment of the story telling. probably want it to be less dark and more kid friendly, want the female protagonist to be all powerful and no flaws

On 9/22/2020 at 8:18 AM, Clearman said:

base their decisions in part by how many people watched a given show,

and as I understand it, they heavily weight those decisions on the early performance of the show.  I've heard they have frequently already made a renewal decision by the end of it's first month. If the show has a slow premier month and then goes viral and takes off it may already be too late for it.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Cygnwulf said:

and as I understand it, they heavily weight those decisions on the early performance of the show.  I've heard they have frequently already made a renewal decision by the end of it's first month. If the show has a slow premier month and then goes viral and takes off it may already be too late for it.

Seemed like this one took off pretty well. Perhaps not well in proportion to the cost?

• Like 1