Darsc Zacal

Stuff I learned watching ReaperLive #48

Learned a few things this episode.

Reaper will now be packaging their blister cards for Bones Black minis with a form fitting plastic to help protect the mini from damage by limiting its movement inside.

(Similar to what Wizkids does with its unpainted miniature lines)

CB907CB1-6D48-4357-BD4E-89DA38A0A5C3.jpeg.de0c5361cbec168e931c3d816550f6e8.jpeg

The back of the card will have a photo of the mini and additional info, like the sculptors name.

01B2237C-4826-4386-A6ED-7C53262B58E4.jpeg.fd8ac2d0742f0e18be4af2df689d183c.jpeg

Pizza Dungeon Dice come in four different series styles. The one given out at Reapercon in the VIP bags were the most basic Gaming series. Others will include translucents and I believe swirl colours. 

Not sure what the 4th series is.

0ED64AA9-9390-4647-894C-F17E634FBCB3.jpeg.f65b3437f4dbb213b0001fd563ed9d0c.jpeg

The Dice Adventurers bagged with the dice will consist of 6 different colours, though the retail box only shows 5.

With 6 different adventurer sculpts, that’s 36 minis for the completionist collector.

7DD6EF8B-F117-4DE1-B8D1-11AE2DCF95D4.jpeg.6b82a6f0df2fa82b4ac50c40a4fd4907.jpeg

And this may or may not be the October bonus mini.

6DC41A16-ABD6-4A04-B169-9D8086817F04.thumb.png.653bc22ebe1a783416e29be9855fc8da.png

There was a lot of BS flowing between Ron and Ed at this point in the program, so take it with a grain of salt.

The only Kickstarter preview was this Japanese style dragon, but apparently the production version won’t be quite as large.

F8C671A1-B1AA-4471-B592-AF43B71E8065.thumb.png.dc14c5794b98ca41a6e84cc055271179.png6EA834C8-E4B2-4DD5-AE2F-8CAA1597744F.thumb.png.54eca3595da88cd3531ec0965d2b610e.png

No pictures but the pirate ship was alluded to a couple of times again.

It was mentioned that Bones V will include the largest mini in one of their kickstarters yet.

The odds for a pirate ship seem to be getting better and better.^_^

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

The only Kickstarter preview was this Japanese style dragon, but apparently the production version won’t be quite as large.

I also learned that the antlers were possibly upside-down for this dragon.

• Like 7

And a Ghoulie Bag Promo Mini: Female Wraith  in that 2nd to last pic. 

Thanks for the summary. Ron's BS gets annoying very quickly. 

• Like 10

-There was also discussion about doing the stretch goals slightly differently this time, and having to have the Kickstarter map re-edited.

-And discussion about streaming the launch

-And in the slow middle period of the KS, having some sort of video "behind the scenes" series.

-And they also said there might be some rocks in the Ghoulie bags this year, but they would not be instead of the mini, they'd be in addition to.

-There will be Chronoscope stuff in the KS, and it will come with "added value" this year.

-New paints in the KS. (12 was the number that  was tossed out)

-Unofficial announcement for Bones 6! :lol:

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 7

Pizza Dice: Coming to retail stores in little clear cylinders. **I don’t remember when. The cylinders lock together (the lids and bases are threaded). There is a random concealed bones mini inside. The dice colors can be seen. The mini will be a random translucent color, and it will be one of the six different bones Dice guys with arms. I have forgotten the name of those*** Adventurers. The dice styles and kinds will start with basic solids, but will include fancier styles overtime. 

The micro pizza box package was a ReaperCon Only commemorative packaging. 

Mine were black. White numerals. No mini inside. 

**after the Kickstarter? (...at reapermini.com/Dice it says:  “SOON”)

***missed the post further up. 

Edited by TGP
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

And this may or may not be the October bonus mini.

6DC41A16-ABD6-4A04-B169-9D8086817F04.thumb.png.653bc22ebe1a783416e29be9855fc8da.png

There was a lot of BS flowing between Ron and Ed at this point in the program, so take it with a grain of salt.

Given the number (44010), I'd say that the odds were good.  Perhaps even better than average.

Oh, there will be an order for October...I need more dark dwarves.

• Like 3

What’s not to love about a Dwarf (!) with a hammer that’s as big as three anvils. 

(He could give those puny Sigmarines a run fer their money...) :rock:

• Like 3

And seeing how the Female Genie is 40012, that will be the December free mini! Yes, cool bones black and Christmas stuff to boot! Hmm, guess I'll have one or two MORE of the dwarf (I already have one from Bones IV, and one from a trade), as I really want a ghoulie bag this year:) Have to figure out what to get to hit the magic number! (I know I still need Izzy's first art book hehe).

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Inarah said:

And a Ghoulie Bag Promo Mini: Female Wraith  in that 2nd to last pic. 

Thanks for the summary. Ron's BS gets annoying very quickly. 

Agreed--his irascible humor starts to wear out about as fast as the flavor in Fruitstripe gum, especially when we honestly want or hope for straight answers. I am REALLY stoked about the prospect that the November(?) mini might be the Maggotcrown Ogre; the one that was "supposed" to be in the Dreadmere expansion (or so the box showed) but ended up in the Fan Favorites box from KS4. I gave mine to a buddy who missed out and craved to have it since he missed out. 

I didn't catch if they revealed what color will be in the Ghoulie bag this year? Anybody know? Looked like a Red...

• Like 2

On 9/13/2019 at 4:15 AM, Darsc Zacal said:

Learned a few things this episode.

Reaper will now be packaging their blister cards for Bones Black minis with a form fitting plastic to help protect the mini from damage by limiting its movement inside.

(Similar to what Wizkids does with its unpainted miniature lines)

CB907CB1-6D48-4357-BD4E-89DA38A0A5C3.jpeg.de0c5361cbec168e931c3d816550f6e8.jpeg

I'm not thrilled with this news - an extra blister part means more plastic waste, which just means more stuff filling up landfills. I'd rather them be loose. It's hard to imagine that they'd suffer a lot of damage in a regular blister. Is Bones Black really that fragile?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

I'm not thrilled with this news - an extra blister part means more plastic waste, which just means more stuff filling up landfills. I'd rather them be loose. It's hard to imagine that they'd suffer a lot of damage in a regular blister. Is Bones Black really that fragile?

Considering the new restrictions on what can be recycled (at least in my community), I'm in agreement with this. Even with all the extra plastic Wizkids Unpainted still suffer from bent weapons & other parts.. Heck, I can't even recycle plastic with the appropriate symbol on them as about the only thing we can recycle here is cardboard boxes & milk jugs.....<_<

On 9/13/2019 at 10:19 AM, Chris Palmer said:

-Unofficial announcement for Bones 6! :lol:

Well you know this inevitable, why joke about it.::D:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, haldir said:

Considering the new restrictions on what can be recycled (at least in my community), I'm in agreement with this. Even with all the extra plastic Wizkids Unpainted still suffer from bent weapons & other parts.. Heck, I can't even recycle plastic with the appropriate symbol on them as about the only thing we can recycle here is cardboard boxes & milk jugs.....<_<

I understand your points, and I do agree that the less plastic consumed is better, but this is also something that should be brought up with your city/county governments.  I was never much of a recycler until I moved to Austin, but I've become spoiled since I've been here.   Our recycling program allows all types of plastics except plastic film, all metals except for wire hangers, and all paper/cardboard except if it contaminated with food.  It doesn't even need sorted.  It all goes into a 96 gallon bin and picked up every two weeks.

• Like 1

So reading & seeing the pictures, are the remaining Bones Black promo minis existing minis? The dwarf is the pounder from the Fan Favorite expansion & going by the speculation, the genie & Maggotcrown ogre are also from Fan Favorites. I'll order in October for the month & of course December but it won't be for the promo minis as I already have them & really don't need more of them.

3 minutes ago, Clearman said:

I understand your points, and I do agree that the less plastic consumed is better, but this is also something that should be brought up with your city/county governments.  I was never much of a recycler until I moved to Austin, but I've become spoiled since I've been here.   Our recycling program allows all types of plastics except plastic film, all metals except for wire hangers, and all paper/cardboard except if it contaminated with food.  It doesn't even need sorted.  It all goes into a 96 gallon bin and picked up every two weeks.

It's a new restricted program initiated by our local government. It has something to do with the new recycling laws with China or something. When you think Oregon, you definitely don't think Eastern Oregon (or Idaho wannabees).

• Like 1