Darsc Zacal

Stuff I learned watching ReaperLive #48

22 minutes ago, haldir said:

So reading & seeing the pictures, are the remaining Bones Black promo minis existing minis? The dwarf is the pounder from the Fan Favorite expansion & going by the speculation, the genie & Maggotcrown ogre are also from Fan Favorites. I'll order in October for the month & of course December but it won't be for the promo minis as I already have them & really don't need more of them.

I didn't get the Fan Favorites, and Maggotcrown Ogre and Genie are the figures I wanted from it that I don't already have (since the Efreeti was already a giveaway) aside from an ideally pewter version of Izzy's self-insert.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, haldir said:

Even with all the extra plastic Wizkids Unpainted still suffer from bent weapons & other parts..

Other than using a plastic insert to prevent breakage, what else could Reaper or Wizkids do? Apparently doing nothing to cushion the minis was causing Reaper some issues, or they wouldn't have added to their costs to address it.  I think part of the reason they did it was to make their retail packs more attractive to stores and customers.  If there's a solution that's more friendly to the environment, I'm sure they'd like to hear about it. 

I think it is odd Reaper doesn't use some cushioning in their metal mini blisters, especially the minis with thinner parts.  I know it is something mini makers used to do back in the days of lead.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Serenity said:

Other than using a plastic insert to prevent breakage, what else could Reaper or Wizkids do? Apparently doing nothing to cushion the minis was causing Reaper some issues, or they wouldn't have added to their costs to address it.  I think part of the reason they did it was to make their retail packs more attractive to stores and customers.  If there's a solution that's more friendly to the environment, I'm sure they'd like to hear about it. 

I think it is odd Reaper doesn't use some cushioning in their metal mini blisters, especially the minis with thinner parts.  I know it is something mini makers used to do back in the days of lead.

Actually the presentation is something my FLGS owner mentioned one time. He said the Wizkids's packaging just looks better then Reaper's. So there is something to that. Some Reaper metal minis still use foam but not a whole lot of them do anymore. I know Darksword does (then again DS minis are a bit more "finicky" then Reaper ones. (thinner limbs, weapons; less 1 piece figures etc etc)).

6 hours ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

I didn't get the Fan Favorites, and Maggotcrown Ogre and Genie are the figures I wanted from it that I don't already have (since the Efreeti was already a giveaway) aside from an ideally pewter version of Izzy's self-insert.

I guess when I posted I had forgotten that the troll & efreeti weren't out yet when they were offered as bonus minis.

• Like 4