Good Evening! SO after sorting through my minis and cleaning up my workstation post reaper con, I felt inspired to tackle some techniques that I have been avoiding. I wanted to pick a mini that i felt I could paint quickly (but lessbehonest, I don't paint quickly at all) and that would be a good candidate for two techniques that I am trying to learn. after a long drawn out process of hemming and hawing I found a miniature that I received an unmentionable number of years ago from reaper as a prize for buying miniatures during October. So it is Krissy the modern witch with out her familiar.

20190908_165205.thumb.jpg.b91f3fc8d0295ee5e906dbbdf3446221.jpg

I have an idea of what I want to do, I want to keep the miniature a tight focus on OSL and Transparent fabric. If I am feeling like it after I have completed the mini, I may do a special base for her. I feel pretty good about my understanding of color, but I think this is going to be a pretty good challenge. Here's what I have so far.  

20190914_174855.thumb.jpg.e41282cae2d1e8608931ebbcfad9f36c.jpg20190914_174850.thumb.jpg.af8a227c157f95d363935e16b643c70b.jpg20190914_174903.thumb.jpg.5591bbad4d6b09cf1f1394e8f5c7e091.jpg

• Like 21

Ok, I got the Zenithal highlight and transparent of the dark stockings on her leg done. I am trying to leave the side of the leg that will be hit by a little of the OSL unpainted aside from the base coat.

20190915_152944.thumb.jpg.0578c30560c96dc95594f17c7c1b1538.jpg

• Like 19

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lexomatic
      Bonesylvanian and Mr & Mrs Bones and vulture. Pics to be added later.
    • By Jellyranger69
      Heya guys! I’m relatively new to the hobby and I’ve only recently discovered Reaper minis. This is my new favorite company, great pieces that even a broke dude like me can afford.

I suffer from partial blindness so extreme details can be a challenge....but it’s just for fun so whatevs. I plan on spending my remaining years of vision painting as many pieces as I can. 

I’ve seen some really incredible work from you guys! Thanks and feel free to hit me up. I’m always down to chat about minis and always open to critique. I’m here to learn.

- Jelly

This is my first completed Reaper product: Athak, Undead Knight!

• By NyarlaBcn
      Last year I painted Reaper's Halloween Knight with - I think - some success (you can check the mini on my Insta account, @albertnyarla); so I decided to start a tradition and pay hommage to my favourite festivity this year too. 

Here I went with one of my favourite horror tropes, the Witch, with this fantastic Witch Coven by Reaper, under the "Tree of Despair" from Bones IV, with a couple hommages to good horror movies. Had to refrain myself to include even more references to avoid getting it too crowded. 
      Overall, I'm happy with the outcome. It will mean everything (if you like it) to give it a like and maybe a follow on Instagram, it really helps with motivation ^^ 

• By Bartimeuase
      Inspired by Doug Sundseth’s red and white legionnaire, I did this mini for a paladin I want to play in an upcoming campaign. This guy offered a lot of fun details, especially the sword and sheath. I used Liquitex basics, with some Agrax Earthshade

• By Monoksbones
      Saw this figure in my LGS a while back, decided to buy it, and now I'm using it as my new DnD character. He was quite intriguing to paint. I really enjoyed this one. I used Citadel paints for it. I also gave it a spray undercoat first, I do with all minis even ones that are already primed, too much of a habit now.

• Who's Online   24 Members, 0 Anonymous, 132 Guests (See full list)