Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By BLZeebub
      Second background, in progress.  Started with tape to control swelling and rolling.  First coat was brushed (1.5" cheap brush from hobby store) with a mix of gesso, water, and Patio Paint Fiesta Yellow (probably a dab of khaki to dull the tone too).  After a day or two to dry I used a chunk of construction sponge to cover the paper with a mix of water, pva glue, a drop of dish soap (helps with rings at this consistency, or so I believe), and Ceramcoat Raw Sienna (possibly some Apple Barrel Nutmeg too for redness).  Swiped the whole thing for coverage, then blotted, dragged, and blew as it dried a bit to achieve the variation in texture you see.  This one is going great, I must say.  The first one I did didn't look like the image in my mind until about 7 steps in, and never quite looked right.  Question, comments, critiques welcome!

• By SGHawkins09
      Not sure if this belongs here or under conversions but since I need help/feedback on the sculpting, I figured here was better. 

I am adding puffy sleeves to a figure and I am very much a novice when it comes to sculpting. I have been working on one and while it looks good to me, I need a second opinion. What do you guys think?

• By Rigel
      "Way I hear tell, ain't no percentage in gettin' the Cactus Folk riled up. They don't shoot easy and wrasslin' 'em won't end well for ya."

Sculpted a gumby-esque Saguaro Vaquero and a zaftig Cactus Dryad for Weird West purposes. (Though if I ever run a game set in New Crobuzon, they'd work there too.)
      Legs are stubby and bell-bottomed, skin rugose, arms long and segment-jointed. The cowpoke's rope is twisted wire.

The Dryad's hair was intended to be Crested Saguaro, but heck, Opuntia works too. The pistol hand came from my bits box, I forget what sprue originally. Probably Chronoscope of some kind.

I don't know *exactly* where she falls on the SFW line (is a plant really nude if it's not flowering? Curves, but nothing explicit as I understand it) so I'll compromise on Spoilers for now and delete images if need be. 

• By NomadZeke
      Please see the main post here for rules, questions and general chatter, while using this thread to keep a list of links to your show-offs or show-off related comments in a single post: A reminder to please adhere to miniatures posting guidelines as usual.
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/84371-2019-rpchallenge-questionsannouncements/
      All the information you need should be here.

As usual, the new format holds a "hard mode" challenge!

March and April 2019 Challenge

Your challenge is: 9!

Bonus Challenge: The First!
      March 8th is the birthday of Ralph H. Baer, often called the "father of video games." To tribute these early games - paint a character to resemble an early video game character (Think 16-bit era or sooner) the more obscure, the better!
      Addendum: It doesn't have to ONLY exist in that era. It doesn't matter if it's the only incarnation of it like Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure or Power Pete, or originated but is on 5183 of the series (looking at you, Final Fantasy.) but the spirit is to that era.

Bonus Challenge: The Second!
      Bringing back the classic for April, the "Fools' Brigade!" Paint a mini in a patently absurd scheme! CAV with a bullseye on it...elf with an "I'm organic" tabbard, etc. The more outlandish the better!

Hard Mode Challenge! Ides Of March
      Famously known as the date when Julies Caesar was assassinated, March 15. Make a small diorama (or large, whichever) of such an assassination about to, or having recently happened. Characters and environment. This will be counted as # of miniatures + 2 base and scenery.)

As always, the game is made up and the points don't matter!
    • By Jasper_the_2nd
      As mentioned in the Rabbits topic, when I first saw 03929: Drangus, Duckman Warrior, I knew I'd found the opposition for my Rabbits.  
      The problem is, duckmen don't seem nearly as common as Rabbits.
      This is my current "army".

That's two copies of Drangus and Oathsworn's duck-billed platypus (it's got a bill so close enough!!).

So far my quick search has only tracked down one set of Duckmen, by Rebel Minis (bookmarked!!).
      I'm hoping Reaper will expand their Duckman line in the comming months as well (please?).

I'll be doing a weapon swap on one of the two Drangus's (Drangi?) to make them a little different.
      So if you know of any more Duckmen figs, or just duck figs, or really any associated waterfowl or waterfowlmen, feel free to let me know. 

• Who's Online   15 Members, 1 Anonymous, 112 Guests (See full list)