Great job @planetmut ! I think these colours are definately the best choice for this mini. The OSL wasn't as difficult as you may think, it's just a series of thin yellow glazes which, with each subsequent layer, get stronger as I got nearer to the lava.

Anyway, thanks for the mention & don't worry, I've called off the bloodsucking lawyers! :poke:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TheOldGuard said:

Great job @planetmut ! I think these colours are definately the best choice for this mini. The OSL wasn't as difficult as you may think, it's just a series of thin yellow glazes which, with each subsequent layer, get stronger as I got nearer to the lava.

Anyway, thanks for the mention & don't worry, I've called off the bloodsucking lawyers! :poke:

Thanks for not setting the lawyers on me :-) I  regret not at least trying some OSL on this figure, as let's face it, if I'd messed it up then it would simply be a case of covering the mistakes with black, hardly the most complicated of jobs.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jonfreeman said:

yeah, it's always surprising how much an slight color hue to black adds character.

Even in print — 100% black is dull compared to true black (100% CMYK)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By planetmut
      Foxtrot was fun to paint. She comes with two bodies, two heads and two sets of weapons so it's possible to make her up as a crazy-haired gasmask-wearing nutter or Hasslefree's version of Furiosa from Mad Max: Fury Road. As you can see, I decided on the crazy-haired gasmask-wearing nutter.

Her right hand is separate, so fun and games ensued trying to get it glued to her wrist. I didn't dare attempt to drill/pin it as there was barely enough space for the drill bit and I had visions of wrecking the metal. The stock of her AK was on the verge of falling off, so I just did away with it. Her base is the usual Liquitex modelling paste, sand and paint.

• By Gantrell
      Simple conversion painted to tabletop quality for the big bad for my D&D group.

• By planetmut
      It took me ages to choose a colour scheme for the Valkeeri Leader. I eventually decided on Army Painter Shining Silver to go with the whole pulp scifi theme, and VGC Warlock Purple because why not. I was worried the silver bits of her uniform would look like armour instead of metallic cloth but I think it's turned out OK. For once I managed to get her eyes to a decent standard and her hair came out looking good too. Her gun is VMC Brass, toned down with VGC Sepia Wash and Liquitex matte varnish. Her lips are a tiny dab of VMC Brown Rose.

I forgot about her cape until I was finished with her, so it got a few thin coats of Warlock Purple and then began the fun and games of gluing it to the figure. Four attempts later I got it in what I hope is the right position and touched up the purple.

• By Hyjynx
      I would like to try airbrushing different sets of skin tones onto multiple copies (5+)  of the same female figure as practice and as a reference for other models. Anyone recommend a Bones fig that is large enough to have quite a bit of exposed skin, but cheap enough that lots of copies wouldn't set me back too much. Yaphima (sure I spelled it wrong) the Frost giant comes to mind first, but looking for other options
    • By Maledrakh
      I am the Lord of Darkness.
      I require the solace of the shadows,
      and the dark of the night.
      Sunshine is my destroyer.

All this shall change.
      Tonight, the sun sets forever
      There shall never be another dawn!
      --
      thus begins the 1985 Fantasy movie Legend, directed by Ridley Scott and starring a very young Tom Cruise and the excellent Tim Curry. If you have not seen this movie, do so right away. A classic Fantasy, in several ways.

LEGEND, Tim Curry, as the Lord of Darkness, 1985

pics beneath the click

• Who's Online   23 Members, 2 Anonymous, 165 Guests (See full list)