Szharvid

Ma'al Drakar

This looks terrific. The bone-white colour on the white head is terrific. The green and blue heads do look a little closer to black in such a way as I was trying to figure out which one might be green at first, but it's a seriously great job. The bones and teeth, and the scale quality. Really amazing.

• Like 2

Thanks!  I think the darkness of the green and blue is in part due to my terrible photography skills but I may do a bit more brightening.  Here's a slightly better pic:

IMG_0314.thumb.jpg.47f9e43db3bfe67ba9dc5bde2a59682e.jpg

One painting tip I have in regards to brightness.  This is where ones workspace lighting is critical.  I tend to paint under really bright lights so i can see detail, but that can totally through you off.  Minis that look great under the bright lights might end up looking very dark under normal lighting.  I try to back off the light at some point and take the model into different lighting conditions.  Of course bulb spectrum can also dramatically change the perceived color as well.

Edited by Szharvid
  • Like 11

Sweet!  I love the subdued, almost ominous, coloring of the heads (and body).  Tight work on those scales!  And the eyes are terrific!

Edited by BLZeebub
  • Thanks 1

Thanks very much!  Eyes are always what I stress on the most, and there's no hiding them on a model this big. 

• Like 1

Credit where credit is due, my painting is heavily inspired by the official painting.  I believe Michael Proctor is the original artist, but If I'm incorrect please let me know. I painted this, "mini" to use in game play, so she will be used as Tiamat in future epic battles.