online stores opinion

So I spaced off ordering something from a familiar ebay "face" & now I'm either gonna have to order it either from a unknown (to me) online retailer or go direct (which in this case is overseas (UK).

The shop in question is Brigade Games out of NJ. I'm just more concerned about do they have the items in stock online & will they ship it a day or two after you place a order? No need for vendor bashing of course.

Any other reputable US dealers for official Frostgrave figures that I'm missing in Google searching?

The UK company is Northstar Military Figures (aka official Frostgrave minis). Has anyone from the US (western states) ordered direct from them? How long did it take for your order? Website states up to 28 days. A month puts the order around the middle of October, I'd like the mini painted & ready to go by the end of January 2020 for my LVO Goblin game.

Thanks!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, haldir said:

The UK company is Northstar Military Figures (aka official Frostgrave minis). Has anyone from the US (western states) ordered direct from them? How long did it take for your order? Website states up to 28 days. A month puts the order around the middle of October, I'd like the mini painted & ready to go by the end of January 2020 for my LVO Goblin game.

Thanks!

I've ordered from Northstar direct and had no problems. I think the delay was more like two weeks than 28 days, but it's been a while since I last ordered.

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, haldir said:

So I spaced off ordering something from a familiar ebay "face" & now I'm either gonna have to order it either from a unknown (to me) online retailer or go direct (which in this case is overseas (UK).

The shop in question is Brigade Games out of NJ. I'm just more concerned about do they have the items in stock online & will they ship it a day or two after you place a order? No need for vendor bashing of course.

Any other reputable US dealers for official Frostgrave figures that I'm missing in Google searching?

Thanks!

I'm eastern US, and have ordered from Brigade games repeatedly. Communication isn't always the best, but I've had zero problems with anything I've ordered.

• Like 1

Awesome to hear about Brigade! I emailed my ebay seller & they will have new stock in 10 days or so but if I do go with Brigade, at least I know they'll have my vote of confidence. I really didn't want anther Fantization. "Oh here it is online............4 month later is shows up at my door." kinda incident.

Again, thanks for the help.

• Like 5

Had a problem with a Nickstarter through Brigade - and they never fixed it, after multiple e-mails.

Next time I back a Nickstarter I am ordering from the UK.

I would say avoid them, it is worth the wait from the UK.

The Auld Grump - very much the opposite of a vote of confidence. Thumbs down.

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, haldir said:

. I really didn't want anther Fantization. "Oh here it is online............4 month later is shows up at my door." kinda incident.

Fantazation motto: sure we have it in stock... someday.  

They have good pricing and they do eventually come through but the only way I'll order from them any more is if I can get someone to pull the stock while I'm on the phone. (And I have done this)

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Kangaroorex said:

Fantazation motto: sure we have it in stock... someday.  

They have good pricing and they do eventually come through but the only way I'll order from them any more is if I can get someone to pull the stock while I'm on the phone. (And I have done this)

I canceled a Nolzur's order with them only to have it show up 3 months after I needed it for Vegas.....ummmmmmm ok then! Up till this order Fanty never did me wrong.

4 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Had a problem with a Nickstarter through Brigade - and they never fixed it, after multiple e-mails.

I appreciate the honest review.

On 9/16/2019 at 9:01 PM, TheAuldGrump said:

And, they fixed it - sending the missing mini with my order for the most recent Nickstarter.

So, slow, but they did, begrudgingly, fix the problem.

The Auld Grump

On 9/17/2019 at 1:57 AM, haldir said:

I appreciate the honest review.

We did end up going through them - I guess Megan missed my complaint.

But... they did fix it, eventually. It just took them a long while - I guess they were hoping that North Star would fix it for them.

The Auld Grump

• Like 3