Sign in to follow this  
haldir

New releases?

I just love that Reaper brought back the old Star Frontier PC race aliens (well minus the Tsarthas or however its spelled). I picked them up from RCon (or my ninja did), along with the Admiral "Giff" guy. I really need to get paint on those.

• Like 3

Giff are in Mordekainen's Tome of Foes along with rules for chucking explosive barrels at people. They aren't an official player character race but there is no reason why a clever DM couldn't adapt them as one!

• Like 1

Not sure if this was posted somewhere and I missed it, but was there ever a release schedule for Bones 4?

Through some sleuthing on third party distributor sites you can sometimes find out what's coming out in the next month or so.  

• Like 2

I've heard that they're supposed to have some Bones 4 releases on Monday, but I haven't seen which ones yet. 

Anyone have any info on this?  Feels like I'm somehow always out of the loop on these announcements.

On 10/21/2019 at 5:01 PM, haldir said:

I just love that Reaper brought back the old Star Frontier PC race aliens (well minus the Tsarthas or however its spelled). I picked them up from RCon (or my ninja did), along with the Admiral "Giff" guy. I really need to get paint on those.

I would love to see how you paint them! Please post lots of pictures. I painted the Admiral but I haven't gotten around to painting the others yet.

Does anyone know what the free mini is for this month or if there is one? The front page doesn't show anything, at least on mobile. 

Edited by EvilJames

On 10/21/2019 at 5:01 PM, haldir said:

Loved SF back in the day, and very happy that Reaper is producing those throwbacks too. I saw the Dralasite/Argamite and the Yazirian/Korkosan figs, but I didn't see a Vrusk analog--unless you want to count the Mantis Man Gladiator (which I took for being an ADnD Thri-Kreen). Does anyone know if Reaper or any other figure company ever produced a Sathar(sp?) fig--subterranean worm dudes would be an interesting addition to a fantasy campaign I think.

But just rack it up to another "Reaper produces amazeballs miniatures, creating and catering to astonishing and tremendous diversity of niche consumer wants/needs BUT....(insert whiny complaint about how they didn't produce the one incredibly obscure mini that I desperately wanted to fulfill my just newly discovered hole in my soul that I have (not) been searching for since I was born again into whatever game I played as a kid")

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Loved SF back in the day, and very happy that Reaper is producing those throwbacks too. I saw the Dralasite/Argamite and the Yazirian/Korkosan figs, but I didn't see a Vrusk analog--unless you want to count the Mantis Man Gladiator (which I took for being an ADnD Thri-Kreen). Does anyone know if Reaper or any other figure company ever produced a Sathar(sp?) fig--subterranean worm dudes would be an interesting addition to a fantasy campaign I think.

But just rack it up to another "Reaper produces amazeballs miniatures, creating and catering to astonishing and tremendous diversity of niche consumer wants/needs BUT....(insert whiny complaint about how they didn't produce the one incredibly obscure mini that I desperately wanted to fulfill my just newly discovered hole in my soul that I have (not) been searching for since I was born again into whatever game I played as a kid")

I spaced off the Vrusk. Hopefully a "not-one" is in the works thou.

• Like 4

Hello Reaper, first off love what you're doing on the KS and as a company in general. Do you think it would be possible to start developing bundles from sets you already produce? I'm talking about 10 minis to a set for let's say orcs or barbarians. I'm thinking since you already have sets of these types of things how hard would it be to just put together a set of 10 different minis for however many bundles you can put together. Makes it nice for war gamers as well as role players.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

Does anyone know if Reaper or any other figure company ever produced a Sathar(sp?) fig--subterranean worm dudes would be an interesting addition to a fantasy campaign I think.

Hydra Miniatures has Wormlings in their "Imperials" line of Retro Raygun figures, if you need that worms-with-rayguns itch scratched. Wouldn't complain to see more from Reaper though!

• Like 1

I know this have been crazy, with KS 

and all. 
but does anyone know if there will be metal releases this month.

not trying to be pushy just curious

thanks Reaper Peeps for all you do.

:)

4 hours ago, storm72 said:

I know this have been crazy, with KS 

and all. 
but does anyone know if there will be metal releases this month.

not trying to be pushy just curious

thanks Reaper Peeps for all you do.

:)

Normal release schedule is around the 22nd of each month. Thou usually that meant for both metal & plastic figures, so who knows. I guess we shall see.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1