Sign in to follow this  
EvilJames

Talk Like a Pirate Day 2019

And if you like participating, but aren't fond of saying "yarrrr!" all the time, you can join the crew of Roarin' Dan Seavey, the scourge of the Great Lakes!  you'll have your pick of all the great northeastern US/ Southeastern Canada accents! Take your mates out for an evening of Moon Cussin' and a hot dish, Don'cha know.

I wouldn't actually recommend running with Dan, he was bad enough to resist romanticising. Abandoned his wife and daughters for a life of piracy on the lakes, racked up charges of Lumber theft, murder, arson, sexual trafficking. But later in life, after he was caught, he served as a US Marshall, so I guess that's all ok? Regardless, his was a pirate crew that allows for a different dialect if you want it, anything stretching from Augusta to Chicago.

• Like 8

51 minutes ago, Sanael said:

And if you like participating, but aren't fond of saying "yarrrr!" all the time, you can join the crew of Roarin' Dan Seavey, the scourge of the Great Lakes!  you'll have your pick of all the great northeastern US/ Southeastern Canada accents! Take your mates out for an evening of Moon Cussin' and a hot dish, Don'cha know.

I wouldn't actually recommend running with Dan, he was bad enough to resist romanticising. Abandoned his wife and daughters for a life of piracy on the lakes, racked up charges of Lumber theft, murder, arson, sexual trafficking. But later in life, after he was caught, he served as a US Marshall, so I guess that's all ok? Regardless, his was a pirate crew that allows for a different dialect if you want it, anything stretching from Augusta to Chicago.

Yarr! I'll haf ta be look'n the lad up. I be from Wisconsin so the scurvy dog is relevant to me, but I never 'erd of him. Seems I'll have to fix that. ta be fair though, all pirates were bad folks, but we romanticize em anyway as we do with all such folk, be they Blackbeard, Jesse James or Bonnie and Clyde. We romanticize their life and still celebrate their fall, it be a bit weird if ya think about it. But oh well, that's enough philosphizing for today. Yarr!

• Like 6

Yeah, it's been a bit of a "tradition" in my family for almost two decades now... ^_^

I've been having fun introducing it to customers... :devil:

• Like 4

"Hand over the keys to the safe Captain, or watch me chopping this mans fingers off."

Sorry, I keep taking this seriously.

• Like 4

If the newest 5e hardback was in pirate hell:

Shi'er me timbers!

Baldur`s Gate: Descent into Avernus

Adventure fer Levels 1-13

Diabolical dangers await in this adventure fer thee world’s greatest roleplayin' game

Welcome t' Baldur’s Gate, a city o' ambition an' corruption situated at thee crossroads o' thee Cutlass Coast. Ye’ve jus' started yer adventurin' career, but already find yersef embroiled in a plot that sprawls from thee shadows o' Baldur’s Gate t' thee fore lines o' thee planes-spannin' Blood War! Do ye be havin' what 't takes t' turn infernal war machines an' nefarious contracts against thee archdevil Zariel an' th' lass' diabolical hordes? An' can ye erehope t' find yer way homeport safely when pitted against thee infinite evils o' thee Nine Hells?

• Like 5

The Missus has tomorrow off so I be think'n we could watching some pirate related material after we be eat'n. I was thinkn' we have the pirate ghost episode of the Real Ghostbusters.What else do ye recommend? No time for long movies n such, I still have to at work on the marrow.

• Like 3

While not a pirate movie, the end punishment on a Impractical Jokers episode is quite pirate'y!! (Granted finding said episode is a quest in itself.)

Sal has to be a pirate captain for a kids party

• Like 4