Corsair

Battletech Thread

Okay guys, with the Clan Kickstarter going and the new Beginner and AGOAC sets selling well, the game is the strongest it's been in years. SO let's post ideas, pics, conversions, opinions, etc. here.

First topic, I just found 5 proxy Griffins for $15. Reaper's Blackstar Corsairs 80076-80080. As many variants in artwork and minis as there has been of the Dougram mech over the last 35 years, the Corsairs look really good.They are just the right size next to a new Wolverine and Shadowhawk. I had picked them up a while ago just because they looked neat and the other day this thread inspired me

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/88153-modified-blackstar-corsair-alpha/

• Like 4

Actually the Corsair/Griffin will just get a shoulder mount missile rack when I find/build one. Size wise it is perfect, see the second pic with the mechs from the AGOAC set minis. First pic is a game tonight using them and the Proxy Griff, it had just pulled off a DFA on the Awesome. landing on the head!

5SWKWIh.jpg

eV2rdMB.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Except for the proxy Griffin in the center, those are all from the A Game of Armored Combat starter box. They are great looking mechs. The Griffin is made from a Reaper Blackstar Corsair.

And that box is a fantastic value, full rules, maps even dice, for $50 it is a bargain. I got a $50 credit with starting up an Amazon credit card, so it cost me $2!

Edited by Corsair
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On the topic of using proxies, the Corsair has a lot of potential for filling in for several mechs:

Griffin

Battlemaster

Templar III

Enfield

Chameleon

Looking at the CAV line another comes up as a very close proxy, the Sabretooth for a Diamond Shark Malice, the size is pretty good for an assault mech. I've been using Sarna for hunting up all sorts of images.

Edited by Corsair
  • Like 3

Just heard from the local BT group that they are looking to get together for some games on Nov 23rd. Hopefully I can make it.  Guess I should get reading those rules......

• Like 5

Have you got either of the 2 new starters? The basic rules are in the Beginner box and full rules in the AGOAC box for 3025 play. The only other changes are basically new weapons after 3050.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Corsair said:

Have you got either of the 2 new starters? The basic rules are in the Beginner box and full rules in the AGOAC box for 3025 play. The only other changes are basically new weapons after 3050.

Yep, both.  I read the starter rules a while ago.  The full rules have been sitting there waiting, but are about to go in the bag so I can start reading them this weekend.

• Like 3

Sometimes I really hate canon paint schemes. Been working on this ship for over a week, and I'd guess I'm only halfway through. One ship, and the Falcons at their peak had twenty major ships...

20191010_123636~2.jpg

• Like 7

Okay a suggestion. Get some type of mesh product, paint the ship the line color, put the mesh over that area and then spray paint.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Corsair said:

Okay a suggestion. Get some type of mesh product, paint the ship the line color, put the mesh over that area and then spray paint.

That's not a bad idea. If I ever find that color in a rattlecan*, I just might give that a shot!

*airbrushes are for people vastly richer than me

11 hours ago, lowlylowlycook said:

Or just buy a jar of tartan paint ::P:

Oddly enough, I don't have issues with tartan. That stuff's elementary compared to feathers.

• Like 3