Corsair

Battletech Thread

20 hours ago, Weird-O said:

Sometimes I really hate canon paint schemes. Been working on this ship for over a week, and I'd guess I'm only halfway through. One ship, and the Falcons at their peak had twenty major ships...

Well see, there is your first mistake: you're painting Jade Turkeys. Paint up a real clan, like Snow Ravens...

Damon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It just occurred to me to use decal paper for that pattern. Print it off, a quick coat of matte spray over the decal and just lay it on there. You would be able to print enough to do all 20 warships on one sheet.

• Like 3

Death Ray Designs does some nice stencils, not sure about feathers though.....

Sort of BT related (some of the designs are "shared"....), have folks seen the resin Robotech figs that kidslogic are putting out?  They put up the pre-order for the Monster yesterday.....pricy but probably appropriately so....

2 hours ago, Weird-O said:

White?! Are you mad?!?!? :blink:

Agreed.  White or off white paint schemes are... A path to madness, that's for sure. 

That's why blue is awesome! 

• Like 2

The key to painting white is to not paint in white. I base in either (old GW colors) space wolf grey + white, or Bleached bone + white, wash in either SW grey or BB, then highlight with pure white (titanium white in this case, most hobby whites are not non-yellowing). I painted an entire High Elf army for WHFB (lots of white), & it works.

Damon.

• Like 4

On 10/11/2019 at 1:52 PM, WhiteWulfe said:

Agreed.  White or off white paint schemes are... A path to madness, that's for sure.

I see you are not a Comguards fan. :poke:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, klarg1 said:

I see you are not a Comguards fan. :poke:

Black and red is more my thing, I suspect... 

That's right. Kell Hounds...  Although I've been tempted to paint up some Hell's Horses for some reason... 

Which reminds me, after these last ten Infinity minis, I really should get some BattleTech minis going on my desk... 

• Like 1

Really looking forward to getting the KS now. Spent the last week playing the Battletech pc game and it's got me excited for all things Battletech now. Moved most of the 80s/90s stuff I had stored to the house in town and read through it. Hoping to get some games in over the weekend. Hoping to have enough money to get a lot of the mechs once the pledge manager opens.

On a side note I found something that amuses me in the map for the pc game. It's been a long time since I played BT on the table and all of the video games I've played over the years were more focused on the "north" of the map around DRaconis Combine, FEd Com and the clans. My home town (if you can call a place that at it's height was a train station, grain elevator and 3 houses a town) is Canopus. Named for the star so the whole Canopus Magistrate thing is interesting for me. I was travelling around Davion space in the bottom right hand corner and found some planets I like. I did a flashpoint mission on the planet Glentworth. That's a small town of about 300 people 40 miles from Canopus. After finishing up on Glentworth I found Flintoft. Flintoft is 10 or so miles from Glentworth and was the size of Canopus plus a one room school house. Wondering if someone was looking at a map of southern Saskatchewan when they picked planet names.

• Like 2

I'm also happy about the pledge manager news, since they're showing next Friday as a tentative date...  Also, man those mechs keep looking good - Hellbringer is downright gorgeous!

• Like 2

I prefer the 3025 time frame for games but like the looks of a lot of the clan mechs they've been showing. Pretty sure I can't get them all which is what I'd like. So my focus will be on grabbing my favourite inner sphere packs first. The bonus thing with that is getting 1 clan mech with every IS lance. No idea how I'll paint any of them yet.

• Like 2

I'm also a 3025-3039er, but I won't lie, there is indeed something interesting regarding the Clan Invasion.  My focus will also be on the inner sphere mechs, although I'm prioritizing whatever will ship in wave 1, since they've mentioned pledge manager opening a second time in between waves numerous times. 

Definitely hoping a few more Inner Sphere packs made it into wave 1, and that we'll see artwork soon, even if the focus has been slightly more on the clan side of things due to it being Invasion. 

• Like 2

Got a couple games in this weekend. And is usual with almost any game I play I've been doing a search for all kinds of free things. Printed out some different standees and a bunch of record sheets today. I've had a large library of .ssw files for awhile but could never figure out what program opens them. Today accidentally figured that out. So other than not much for map sheets I'm set for a lot of playing until the KS shows up. Haven't been doing to bad with the rules considering I haven't played in over 20 years if you don't count video games. I'm sure I have more maps somewhere and we can use the ones from Renegade Legion.

Got the oldest kid interested enough he's designing his own mechs already. Because you know the hundred or so we already have isn't enough.

• Haha 2

Here's a hint if you want to run Clan Elelmentals, the clix game Mechwarrior Dark Age MWDA Clan Battle Armor is about $1 for each star on fleabay from several sellers. I have a BUNCH of them and they work great.

• Like 2

$1 for each stand, or $1 for a full five-stand Star? Because if it's the latter, I don't care how poor I am, I'm all over that. And if it's $1 for 25 actual suits... :winkthumbs:

• Thanks 1