Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Rob Dean

More Dux Bellorum Saxons

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, Iridil said:

Nice units - and clean casting - much better than what I used to get back in the day.

 

A little antimony in the alloy helps—it expands slightly on cooling, so helps fill the molds better.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Rob Dean
      I gave my older son a copy of the de Bellis Antiquitatis 3.0 rules for Christmas, and he has been inspired to dust off our joint 2009 project to do Egyptians vs Hittites in DBA. That did entail rebasing some chariots, and it looked like they might look lonely on the 60x80mm stands (vice 40x60 we had been using), so I painted 8 Egyptian infantry to serve as chariot runners and put two on each base when I rebased yesterday. 
       

       
      Since I had some unfinished Libyan archers from BITD, I dusted them off and did four as two light infantry stands, to start an opposing army of my own. 
       

       

       
      I picked out the rest of the Libyan foot last night, but they’ll need a chariot converted from an Egyptian one (most likely).  
       
      In between those tasks, I also put a quick paint job on a Bones hordeling, who looks like he’ll be happier facing 1/72 scale opponents than heroic 28+mm figures. 
       

    • By Rob Dean
      I’ve been finishing up miscellaneous projects off my bench lately.  Here is the first of the late Roman (or Romano-British successor kingdoms) infantry:
       

       

       

       
      The actual castings are a bit rough; everyone is made from Prince August or Dutkins Lil Army molds, and most of the figures are assembled from multiple pieces.  I’d be interested sometime to know who thought that it would be a good idea to cast small 25s with separate heads and weapons...
       
    • By Rob Dean
      Without going into the whole background, these guys are from Prince August “Irish Wild Geese” 40mm semi-flat home casting molds.  I’ve been working with these molds and figures for almost thirty years at this point, and have enough for most purposes, so it’s been a while since I painted any.  Pictures of games with them can be found on my blog.  We generally paint them somewhere in the classic toy soldier spectrum rather than as museum-style diorama miniatures, and these, like the rest of my collection, are done in fictitious uniforms for imaginary countries. (Or “imagi-nations” in historical miniature wargamer jargon...)
       

       

       
      While they may presently get their own cannon, here they are grouped around one of my generic spares, to show that the field hockey player is really aiming by using a lever to move the trail.
       

    • By Beagle
      Zombies in various historical uniforms (No British uniforms of course, we're always the goodies)
       
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/687110463/dead-through-time-28mm-undead-zombie-historical-mi?ref=discovery&term=zombie historical
    • By Rob Dean
      With my British infantry unit done, I finally sat down this morning to get started on French Revolution project expansion unit #2 (of 7+).  This time it's British cavalry, and with the rules we'll be using (A Gentleman's War), the default cavalry unit is six figures.
       

       
      My recent casting sessions have produced the parts, so it's now a case of assembling them into some semblance of what I'm looking for:
       

       
      I see that I will be going back to file off even more of the original lapels and lace from the basic casting, and I'm going to try to add the rest of the helmet crest with some green stuff before painting.  
       
      I built up the first figure as a test this morning.
       

       

       
       
       
  • Who's Online   22 Members, 2 Anonymous, 41 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...