Sharkbelly

Star Wars Zero-G Troopers

I've had this project in mind for a while. Spacetroopers based on GW's Terminators. The first stp is to assemble them but scrape off all of the Space Marine iconography.

20190921_132044.jpg

• Like 14

Nice concept. How many different elements of iconography have to go? I know there is a space-eagle on the chest, so that’s (1)....

• Like 4

I would remove the storm bolters if possible, swap them out with some other blaster-analogue. They're simply too dang recognizable as it is. 

• Like 4

Storm bolsters ?  Are those the side-by-side barrel hand cannons?

1 hour ago, TGP said:

Storm bolsters ?  Are those the side-by-side barrel hand cannons?

Yep. 

Bolters (automatic rocket-guns, basically) are some of the most iconic sidearms in sci-fi minis gaming, and the Terminator's Storm Bolters in particular basically haven't changed much since they were first introduced twenty some-odd years ago - they're really recognizable by anyone even vaguely familiar with GW's oeuvre. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I would concur on swapping out the storm bolters. The Terminators themselves are pretty recognizable, even when de-iconographied so swapping out the storm bolters for something more blaster looking will help sell the conversion. 

• Like 1

I am / would be a very easy sell...

26 minutes ago, izzylobo said:

Bolters (automatic rocket-guns, basically) are some of the most iconic sidearms in sci-fi minis gaming,...

The single barrel ones look like clunky Star Wars blasters to me. 

26 minutes ago, izzylobo said:

they're really recognizable by anyone even vaguely familiar with GW's oeuvre. 

The thing is: I saw Star Wars first, in a theatre, long before I ever saw a game of 40K being played. 

12 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

I would concur on swapping out the storm bolters. The Terminators themselves are pretty recognizable, even when de-iconographied so swapping out the storm bolters for something more blaster looking will help sell the conversion. 

The main thing that keeps me from thinking “Imperial Stormtroopers!” when I look at 40K space marines is all the snazzy chapter color schemes. Paint them glossy white and get the recesses black and the conversion to SW is basically done. Fussing around with scraping skullz and eagles off is pretty much fancy icing on the cake. 

#easysale

#notpicky

(But it’s a good job getting rid of the skullz...)

#noskullz

• Like 3