Sign in to follow this  
gmvader

Swamp Dragon sculpted by Sandra Garrity

That's a fantastic Ebonwrath, especially the wings.  That looks like a LOT of work.  I have always wanted an Ebonwrath and I think your colour choice is very striking.  Are the undersides of the wings totally freehand?  The black bits have great clean lines, they don't just look like the blobs I would probably end up with if I tried it.

• Like 2

Those wings really make that mini - I was going to say the green gradient was perfect but bring in the “cracked lava” pattern was inspired. Great idea for the bulrushes / cat tails - I am going to borrow that.

• Like 2

Wonderful work on the swamp base and the underside of the wings.  I think the topside of the wings is too plain, especially in comparison and

the figure suffers for it. 

The water effect on the base kind of gets lost in the clutter, but the clutter is glorious.  cattails are a nice touch and the splintered longs look good. 

Thanks all. I did the black on the wings freehand. It was surprisingly easy. I agree that the tops of the wings ended up too plain. I wanted to make sure he still looked like a black dragon but I think I overcompensated.

I appreciate any other feedback that helps me improve on the next one.

• Like 2