Crowley

Inktober/Drawlloween

6 minutes ago, TGP said:

Day 11 — Snow

7775C1D2-BA23-4783-A0CE-CAD2DE97F7A8.thumb.jpeg.e08bca4ad2731bafa9b4550114e7326f.jpeg

I have noticed some penciling i didn't erase.  So I might reshoot and repost at some point. 

Ditto for Instygramps:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3eTOQlB8bs

You can if you like, but it looks good to me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Pingo said:

Day 11, Dory Whynot's prompt is "Window."

I did it again...

795ED710-4EB6-4782-B89B-B6151DFD3D8B.thumb.jpeg.a722ccf26d76ea80104a498b836ea100.jpeg

...my day 10 drawing also works for the next day (11) on a different list. I swear I didn’t look. 

This image was inspired, believe it or not, by the earliest works of Piet Mondrian. 

1280px-17_sep_13_mondrian_castle.jpg

If Mondrian is well known it is for his very abstract paintings that consisted of black lines and blocks of primary colors. But before those, starting out, what he was fascinated by was things like stained glass windows, clear-ish window panes, or criss-crossing tree branches. Anything where the colors in the background were divided up by stark intersecting lines. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Day 12, Dory Whynot's prompt is "Fallen Angel."

A quote from Shakespeare's "Macbeth":

"Angels are bright still, though the brightest fell:
Though all things foul would wear the brows of grace,
Yet grace must still look so."

536523993_12BFallenAngelsmaller.thumb.png.1e3770b7a4c75582dddaa75d3c3956f7.png

https://twitter.com/AchronalA/status/1183186504174198785

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3ifRVGnVpP/

• Like 9

So I am well behind at this point, but I feel ok about it because I've seen a lot of theater and painted minis over the last several days. And I've also got quick sketch ideas does for most of what I'm late on, so I just need to lay down ink.

Again: these are just quickly sketched ideas...

09 Oct: "dusk + red crowned crane"

IMG_20191013_122200634.thumb.jpg.3b08043017cd1543b3e00acf154c650c.jpg

10 Oct: "seance + dragon tree"

IMG_20191013_122206977.thumb.jpg.28c3e1c11e2f32d1bfc1b3bc7621f127.jpg

11 Oct: "window + Pacific pocket mouse"

IMG_20191013_122213365.thumb.jpg.da2fcff0a4b2ff5718e16d2813d8e4ad.jpg

I wasn't able to go to the art supply store as intended, but I dug around at home and found that I have two packs of artist trading cards, which are Bristol in a smooth finish and a vellum finish. So the pocket mouse stained glass window is on smooth Bristol, we'll see how it goes with the markers.

• Like 10

Inktober 13.

Apothecary, Axolotl

You all narrowly avoided getting an Axolotl apothecary; largely because I couldn't figure out how to anthro an axolotl..

inktober.thumb.jpg.eae96e084903eda45d9c4918e0c5694d.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sanael said:

So I am well behind at this point, but I feel ok about it because I've seen a lot of theater and painted minis over the last several days...

I had a plan, it was a good plan, where I would finish snow (day 11) early and then have lots of time to work on dragon (day 12). Saturday I was overcome by Garfield Nap Attack Syndrome. So now I am playing catch-up by combining Dragon and Ash. 

Anybody interested in WiP snaps?

It will probably be tomorrow before I post the finished version. 

• Like 4

When I did a google image search on Ash (because I had no good idea how to ink that or much inspiration at all) do you know what turned up?

1000 variations of the kid from the Pokemen franchise, and nothing else in the first gazillion hits. 

Apparently that’s his or her name. Who knew?  Everybody that is not me is who....

:ik_oops:

• Haha 5

20 minutes ago, TGP said:

When I did a google image search on Ash (because I had no good idea how to ink that or much inspiration at all) do you know what turned up?

1000 variations of the kid from the Pokemen franchise, and nothing else in the first gazillion hits. 

Apparently that’s his or her name. Who knew?  Everybody that is not me is who....

:ik_oops:

Ash is also a tree; often referenced in ... druidic ritual? wiccan ritual?  Oak, Ash and Thorn (probably hawthorne) are often used for such things. I don't know if that helps any, but... might give you an alternative to search?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1