Sign in to follow this  
Rigel

Eureka Soviet Gorilla with Dual Machine Guns

Look at that title. Are you made of stone? You want to see exactly that thing, and brother, sister or other, THAT IS WHAT WE GOT HERE.

Painted mostly with GW contrast, reaper sample green, and some craft-store metallics. My favorite detail: the comparatively dainty holster for a big ol'  drum-fed gun.

DSCN7098.thumb.JPG.7a04b02025c73306d731077de4ec47fc.JPGDSCN7099.thumb.JPG.44b4f9b5d5979ede97f3b94488892a75.JPGDSCN7100.thumb.JPG.2479c7ca8211f2b30f3f1c9be703dbe5.JPGDSCN7101.thumb.JPG.bf45d939910d1afa067aff0015212b5d.JPG

Here's the  big fella with the rest of General Jombi's Guerilla Troops (also from Eureka, posted elsewhere):

DSCN7103.thumb.JPG.7b6e8fc50ab548b3eacc3061c91f2dc0.JPG

And because I already had the camera out, here's All the Apes I Got.DSCN7105.thumb.JPG.e9e0198e22d65b5847e7be41e0f138a9.JPG

• Like 22

*** Pass the Ammo and spread the Revolution! ***

Good work.

I would apply a little armor wash /black wash on the weapons though, that will provide more contrast.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

*** Pass the Ammo and spread the Revolution! ***

Good work.

I would apply a little armor wash /black wash on the weapons though, that will provide more contrast.

Thanks! Probably should--they're about the only part of that big ape that *didn't* get black-washed. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By DragonWyrm
      When I was working on other figures and had some colours spare I would paint theses. The phots aren't the best, even thought they looked good on the phone (grumble, grumble). I have tried to make the bases look as if they were on a carpet. This was a quick job and mostly involved stippling some titanium buff and raw umber together. Then just added some patterns and colour.

I worked on the figures seperate from the chairs. This caused some annoyances when I rubbed off some paint, but I did allow me a better painting overall. 

The Flute and the Piano
      I finished the flute first. Checking Eureka Miniatures, he is Frederick the Great and the pianist is C. E. Bach. Frederick came with some nice dogs, I added them to my slowly growing collections which I will use at some time to create a diorama of a dog village or something. (Currently I have a Tamiya German Shepard and some small dog which are a larger scale from the farmyard animals set, the dogs from Frederick and the milkmaid set from Eureka, some War-games Foundry dog that came with hunting gentlemen set, giant wolf from Reaper). 

The String Instruments
      The photo makes the hair look more green/blue than it actually is. There is some metal filling too much space under the arm holding some of the string instruments, I removed what I could do quickly and the other parts I just painted a dark colour that would fit. In the end I am happy with how they came out.

Feedback and Critiques are welcome and appreciated. 

• By Rigel
      A return to the Weird West setting! These ladies are wonderful townsfolk, or suitable for magic-users or fancy rogues. The young lady in orange is from Eureka (one of their Hyde Park Hypostyle figures if memory serves), while the ones in yellow and pink are from Reaper's Victorians (80068. The Victorian gentleman is still in progress, on the back burner). 

More angles, but the sun was not quite right

And a guest! 80065, the Physician. 

• By Lostraven
      I spent a couple of hours on this yesterday but lost the light for photos. This is one of the gorillas from the Ape Attack! add on to the Bones 4 Core set.

• By Rigel
      Eureka has a line of "Boiler Suit Apes." In this line, there is a collection of cosmonaut APES IN SPACE. What, am I made of stone?! Of course I had to get them. 

Uplifted apes are often used in the spacefuture as cheap, durable labor during the terraforming process--under the watchful eye of the Earth government, of course. Many work with bioengineered soil-tilling arthropods. Here are some scenes of a few of them overseeing the cultivation of a Neptunian moon. The gourdfruit trees are already coming along nicely. 

There are some rumors that the Space Apes have an underground separatist movement, resentful of their proper status as second-class citizens, and that they might try claiming some of their exoplanetary habitats as their own birthright, bought with the sweat of their low, beetling brows and the strength of their hairy, hairy arms. But who would believe such wild tales of our loyal, friendly helpers? 

Anyway, here's Taskforce Leader Aperella. A Charisma implant helps her keep her workers in line.

And the Stakhanovite albino neogorilla Bonzo. He has the strength of ten men and the work ethic of at least five! Look at those bared teeth. That's the smile of job satisfaction. 

And here's Charlie. Always a curious fellow, that one. Chief Arthropod Wrangler. It's uncanny the way he can almost communicate with those buggers. 

Meet Diana! Diana oversees the environmental controls. It's a little warmer than the humans like in here, Diana, and the humidity is off by about 10 percent! She's doing her best, though, bless her. Keep up the good work, Diana! 

And last but certainly not least, Eddie. We've tried to get him to stop shambling, but old habits, you know! Eddie is a good worker, but did you know he actually failed his intelligence test? The psychologist administering it said the only way to score that low was to deliberately *try* to flunk! Poor, simple Eddie. 

And here's the whole gang! 
      Wait--why do they have the emergency gauss rifles? And what's Cosmo doing here? W...What are you doing, fellows? ...Pals?

Edit: New arrival, Gordy!

• By Rigel
      Eureka has a two-pack of figures in their Pax Limpopo line called "Hench and Coach," and they are the most corpulent double-chinned British spherical bastards imaginable; Dickensian caricatures after the style of Nast or Tenniel. I had to have them. Didn't bother affixing the coachwhips. They are about halfling-sized in 32mm scale, and walrus-like giants in 15mm scale. You should be able to hear a bassoon-and-tuba soundtrack when looking at them. 

I'd also painted up some minis from Artizan's "Thrilling Tales" line: Miss Greentree, Private Campbell, and Tankie Bob. Each of them is full of personality. Greentree I painted as an Agent Carter-type. Campbell was where I found tartan is not my forte. Could have come out worse. Bob is a scruffy fanatic and I love the sculpt. I figured Ungentlemanly Warfare was a good setting for the three of them.

More pictures below.

• Who's Online   20 Members, 0 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)