Sign in to follow this  
Lidless Eye

Lidless Eye: Recent D&D Sessions

Here's some shots from the penultimate session of our D&D game.

The party finally confronts the Sewn Sisters.

The tiles are from "Dwarven Forge" and "Secret Weapon".  The tables, chairs, and most props are from "Mantic:Terrain Crate", with the cauldron being from an Old Glory Crones set.  

The Scarecrow & Leomon (Half-Elf Paladin) are from "Reaper Bones".

The rest of the party are 3D prints, from HeroForge, Desktop Hero, and Miguel Zavala.

The Sewn Sisters are 3D prints from DarkRealms.

Everything was hand painted by myself.

20190921_113909.thumb.jpg.dd7a1f511620c85b8149d02edc2dadf3.jpg20190921_114038.thumb.jpg.07a3e5e367e6d5c78f263aa45709b065.jpg20190921_114105.thumb.jpg.8258bc76099c7648be0fcf7e993af122.jpg

20190921_114132.thumb.jpg.b6c612d450f75968086b7e1eec2850f5.jpg

Cradle of the Death God.

The tiles are Dwarven Forge.

The party are 3D prints, with designs from Hero Forge, Desktop Hero, and Miguel Zavala. (One is a Reaper Bones piece)

The Soulmonger is a 3D print designed by Miguel Zavala.  The God That Never Was is a 3D design by Duncan "Shadow" Louca.

Everything was painted by myself.  I also added LEDs.

20190923_004014.thumb.jpg.9dfab9779d2162f87aa2d542b54e7cd6.jpg20190923_004039.thumb.jpg.5e2f5cc3f6255ccd5833ec5d88fa28ff.jpg20190923_004109.thumb.jpg.dd828c14e9e14bbde4f9c89ab21b9a35.jpg

• Like 18

Amazing stuff! Good designs, especially the atropal. Could we get a closer look at the Sewn Sisters?

Just finished running this with my group this past summer. It's quite the grand finale!

• Like 1

Just now, Rigel said:

Amazing stuff! Good designs, especially the atropal. Could we get a closer look at the Sewn Sisters?

Just finished running this with my group this past summer. It's quite the grand finale!

You got it:

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/85588-lidless-eye-the-sewn-sisters-hags/&tab=comments#comment-1811547

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lidless Eye
      I know I messed up the timing this year, and worked on Deadcember instead of Orctober.   I wasn't feeling super-motivated by the small amount of unpainted Orcs I had, but from my Frostgrave II: Arcanic Boogaloo order had a ton of the living dead.  And one never has enough Zombies.

However, it means there's plenty of spookybois to be shown off!

The Draugr, mostly converted from the Fireforge Living Dead Peasants and Frostgrave Barbarians with some Warhammer bits.

The Knockers, again Fireforge Living Dead Peasants with Warhammer Dwarf Miners hats and bits from Mantic and Mage Knight.
      I think I should go back and add big rucksacks...and redo the flames to be the correct order.

Just plain Fireforge Living Dead Peasants, with the exception of a Frostgrave Cultist head for the Executioner.

The Old Vet, a 3D print from Retro Quest

Undead Pirates from EC3D "Depths of Savage Atoll"

Former Imperials, converted from Warhammer Empire, Mantic Undead, and Frostgrave Cultists (Undead bits)

Mostly Mantic.  Beware the spine whip!

And lastly, when your Necromancer runs out of skulls, the Creeping Claws!  3D prints from Crippled God Foundry

• By Maledrakh
      Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures still make some great D&D monsters, here are three more:

Wave 1: Displacer Beast

The Displacer Beast is one of the iconic D&D monsters, described as a six legged panther with a pair of enormous tentacles growing out of it's back.  If that is not bad enough, the schtick of this beast is that is displaces.  This is an ability that makes it appear as it is a few feet off from where it actually is, so while the party are slashing at the image in thin air, the beast invisibly outflanks them with it's powerful claws and massive bite attack coming from seemingly out of nowhere.

Where are the mirrors I need to start breaking?
      I rebased it on a 40mm round. This is a Wave 1 mini, released a few years ago. The tentacles needed repositioning using the  hot water/cold water technique.

Wave 11: Grell & Basilisk
      Grell:

Who names these monsters? Grell?  What kind of a name is that? This is obviously the Flying Spaghetti Monster!
      The tentacles did not turn out all that well. The purple was too strong compared to the other colours and dried too fast to blend. Bah!

Check out the big brain on Brett!
      40mm base.

And in the same pack as the Grell, a Basilisk:

This one was significantly smaller than I expected. Please disregard the piece of flock-fluff on it's right side middle. This is a loose particle I did not see was stuck there until after the pictures were taken. I just cannot be bothered with taking new ones.

Nice doggie?
      30mm x 20mm oval base.

Nolzur’s Marvelous Miniatures
      Wizkids
      I have no idea who sculpted these, as WizKids do not -as far as I know- publish this info.
      PVC
    • By Lidless Eye
      A grouping from RBJ Games Company's latest Kickstarter, Pig-Faced Orcs (and Ettin Bodyguard!)

Not'Nord, the Ettin(ess)

Normal Nord:

Shooty Nord:

Shootier Nord:

Iron Nord:

Smashy Nord:

Guardy Nord:

Tossy Nord:

• By Lidless Eye
      To finish off the recently finished, random miniatures! (I hate creating a bunch of tiny threads)

"Heroes of Golden Sword" from Crippled God Foundry

"Life is easy, it's never hard, when you're a Kobold and a Bard"

Kobold Bard (duh) from Stonehaven Miniatures

Halfling Gardener, also from Stonehaven

Converted Foundry Argonauts, to be Dricheans for Frosgrave: Ghost Archipelago

"LET'S GET FROSTY!"

Frost Giant from Gale Force 9

• By Lidless Eye
      Another compilation thread of things from Reaper Miniatures

A miniature that actually went OoP with the P-65 line, a Frost Giant acquired from one of the forum Box of Goodwill rounds:

Dreadmere Mayor:

Foo Dog:

Minotaur(ess):

"And there's a creepy doll, that always follows you..."

Chronoscopers:

• Who's Online   27 Members, 1 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)