Sign in to follow this  
Brianuk

River widows gunner

I wouldn't expect a regular-sized gal or fella to be able to tote a cannon around like it were a backpack!

Nice work, especially the leather and rust tones.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Gantrell said:

that must be a really light cannon.

Or she has really worked on her core... I really like the trope of having fantasy pirate minis toting a cannon like a rifle although presumably it would be broccoli awkward to fire and reload. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gantrell said:

that must be a really light cannon.

It should probably be painted as Mithrál. And the bore end should be hollowed as wide possible, to make the walls look as thin as possible...

Nope Nevermind. 

Its just flat out impossible. 

17 hours ago, Rigel said:

I wouldn't expect a regular-sized gal or fella to be able to tote a cannon around...

As cannon go, this one is not very big. It is bigger than a swivel gun (which a  really  large Ogre might could handle). An ordinary cast bronze 9 pounder smoothbore should be about 8 or 9 feet long (about 45mm). (And 1500 pounds or so.)

A 9 pounder smoothbore was one of the smallest ship’s cannon. If she is 40mm she is 8 foot tall; that makes this cannon maybe five feet long. It could be a small carronade. Carronades were short. 

Does her right leg have one more joint than human legs usually have?  Maybe it’s just a tricky angle, but it almost looks like she has another ankle right below the knee. 

Her weapon is interesting. It looks like a pole-mounted flensing knife. (An implement used to cut up whales.)

• Like 1

Maybe she makes amphorae in a light clay in a novelty cannon shape? That would explain the small barrel on her belt. 

• Haha 2