Sign in to follow this  
PaulMuller

Midblight Miniatures 'Journey into Midblight'

Greetings, Children of the Reaper...
  -  I hope you'll give me a pass here, as I have contributed to the great Reaper Edifice (in a very small way) with a few original sculpts (Reaper Ron was kind enough to relieve me of a few Dregs.. a pair of skellies for the last Bones extravaganza).

- I'm  just about to launch a modest little Kickstarter for a couple of gangs of more-whimsical-than-my-usual-fare fantasy miniatures, which I hope will initialise a small range I can expand on in future  'Midblight Miniatures' :}
   -   The pre-launch page is up (link below, please do take a look),  and am going to press the dramatic sounding 'launch' button this Wednesday (short&sweet KS, couple of weeks)..
      -  I've sent a lot of sculpts over the Atlantic over the years, be very cool to send some 'shiny and pewter' minis  your way (and to rest of the world)!

Couple of pics of the minis attached (more on the preview)
    Best Wishes, Paul Muller (PuttyConjuror)
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/midblightminiatures/journey-into-midblight

DolphGroupFlareWMidblightDoneYayyy.jpg

GritaSquareSheet.jpg

MoonPugCardInstagrim.jpg

• Like 9

Just now pulled the lever (what's that distant rumbling sound?).

- I  do hope you enjoy having a look at my 'bright carvings'.
- These ones, are all sculpted in epoxy putty (like they used to).

Best,
              Paul M

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Fair and Generous Children of the Reaper....

That funded just fine, and is now ticking along very well, for a modest 'First Kickstarter Expedition'.
- My thanks to everybody who has supported or taken the time to have a look at my little project :}
 https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/midblightminiatures/journey-into-midblight/description

- I've kept things pretty streamlined, as this is a first expedition. There are several achievable stretch goals, one of which is an Owlbear Hatchling the numerous D&D (or Owlbear collector) enthusiasts might find of interest?
- Will (I hope) unlock in just a few days.
- I forgot how to draw when I learned how to sculpt, but this should give you a pretty good impression :

BuboeTheOutcastOwlbearHatching2Final.jpg

• Like 1

-Actually that's pretty decent for me- can't do foreshortening and hands are tricky.. always loved comics, but struggle to keep characters looking the same from frame to frame.
 Still, it is enjoyable doodling/conjuring something original-ish up, a bit of a diversion from this bitter vale of tears :}

Just a bit of EvilEyeCandy for you  :}
- A good thing about this cyber(socialmedia)sphere, is encountering fellow travellers with similar interests, and inspiring talents.
  This excellent BrushMinstrel painted a fine portrait of Ma Grita (really grimmer fairytale feel to her.. very halloweeny):
  https://www.instagram.com/nicklas.pihlstrom/

48826480491_bfd3449cf1_z.jpgGritaSpeechBubbleNice by Paul Muller,
48830672033_39a87c03b9_z.jpgGrita Portrait by Nicklas Pihlstrom by Paul Muller, on Flickr
Just now heading into the final week of the campaign:

Edited by PaulMuller
  • Like 3

I suspect The Children of the Reapers's eyes are now firmly fixed on a 'larger prize' (timing!).
~Last few days of my (slightly more modest) Midblight Miniatures 'First Expedition' Kickstarter.. characterful (I hope) hand-sculpted and cast in the UK, 'shiny and pewter' miniatures.

Thanks for taking a look at my wares!
   Paul M
  48826480491_bfd3449cf1.jpgGritaSpeechBubbleNice by Paul Mu48758362986_3829a3551c.jpgThe MoonPug by Paul Muller, on Flickrller, on Flickr
48755855888_9bb52d9c54_z.jpgPartyHats by Paul Muller, on Flickr
48848105273_f6fcd2ef41_z.jpgThe Faustwick Tragedy by Paul Muller, on Flickr

https://www.facebook.com/midblightminiatures/

Ah too bad these weren't already out & I already had that hag in my possession. She'd make a great Jenny Greentooth, the green hag in the Ravenloft AL season adventures. I'm running them later this month.

Congrats on a successful KS thou!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, haldir said:

Ah too bad these weren't already out & I already had that hag in my possession. She'd make a great Jenny Greentooth, the green hag in the Ravenloft AL season adventures. I'm running them later this month.

Congrats on a successful KS thou!!

Thanks!
It's gone better than I'd expected for a 'First Kickstarter Expedition'. I put a lot energy into it (well the models and background at least;  I'm not one of those individuals with the gift to whip collectors into a frenzy), and I hope that shows.
- I've enjoyed dabbling with the design side of things; the project also got me doodling (duddling) more actively (combo of ClipArtStudio&GIMP).
- 'Tis a pity I didn't have them all painted in time, and a nice bit of scenery, but... I'll get round to that.

- That is too bad (she'd make a good river hag)!
 -They will be available down the line, once the Kickstarter backers have been taken good care of (I'll have to sort a webpage/store out for that though). Thanks for pausing to take a look :}
48830672033_39a87c03b9_z.jpgGrita Portrait by Nicklas Pihlstrom by Paul Muller, on Flickr

• Like 1

'The Narrow Aperture Dwindles' (this one closes end of Wednesday, UK time)

My thanks to all you Children of the Reaper for pausing to glimpse my 'bright carvings' (and for all the shares/likes bestowed, really helps; much appreciated)!

Wishing you sharp eyes and steady brushwands,
Paul M (there will be further 'expeditions'..).
48867262146_2af9c55579.jpgRub My Pudgy Tummy by Paul Muller, on Flickr
48867462902_9ca3041118.jpg'Ma Grita's Offer Of Shelter' by Paul Muller, on Flickr
48867266751_f557d8e59d.jpg'Last orders in The Golden Dandylion' by Paul Muller, on Flickr
48867265946_edd601e024.jpgFinalFleetingHours by Paul Muller, on Flickr

• Like 1