Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Knight of the Dinner Table

CMON Time Machine

Recommended Posts

I originally passed on Hate but I've seen some phenomenal paint jobs. If I can get the original Zombicide Black Plague as well, it's a double win. Maybe some terrain from the Hate set too. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried HATE as well. Miniatures are great, but the game's another "roll more bips than baps". Apparently, the game is better as a league or campaign, but I already have too many games like that. Some on Dakka picked up HATE for their Chaos armies, I think. Miniatures look great as expected, but I still have Smog, The Others, and several other KS to paint. I've also picked up some CMON expansions on sale at a deep discount, though obviously none of the Time Machine ones.

Edited by ced1106
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the past, time travelers!

We are entering the last hours of campaign and we are amazed with the receptions we received so far. Over 10,000 backers, showing love and appreciation for our games, and excitement for receiving an opportunity of completing collections and acquiring items that may have slipped by when previous campaigns were live. We know that you come from all parts of the world and we have received many questions and requests for us to share more information on how the shipping costs will be for this campaign. With that in mind we worked on some estimates to share.

We first would like to clarify the shipping situation. Many of you have been questioning the absence of customs-friendly shipping outside of the US, which unfortunately this time, unlike our usual campaigns which are always EU, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand-friendly as well, won't be possible. Asia pledges aside, this campaign uses products that are currently in our USA warehouse, and it’s simply not feasible to ship through the these countries in this case.

We understand that this is not ideal for many of you, and in fact at the early stages of the project we considered restricting the campaign only to US, but concluded that we absolutely had to give the rest of the world backers the choice to pledge as well, if willing to deal with the shipping costs. We hope is understandable.

Following is a list of rough estimates for the shipment of basic pledges. Please keep in mind these are just estimates and that accurate costs will be calculated in the pledge manager system according to your address. Also keep in mind that costs will likely rise based on optional buys you choose. For backers with a Time Vault Pledge ($1) the costs will be based on the products that are chosen in the Pledge Manager and due to the variations in size, weight, and number of items that can be chosen the shipment will also vary accordingly. Furthermore, please remember that, with the exception of Asia-only pledges, all items will be shipping from the US. The estimates below do not include possible import taxes.

Rising Sun Pledge
Europe: $112-$118 to most countries. $168 to Eastern Europe countries.
Canada: $97
Australia and New Zealand: $167

HATE Pledge
Europe: $117-$125 to most countries. $180 to Eastern Europe countries.
Canada: $103
Australia and New Zealand: $179

Zombicide: Green Horde Pledge
Europe: $98-$101 to most countries. $137 to Eastern Europe countries.
Canada: $81
Australia and New Zealand: $135

Rising Sun + HATE Pledge
Europe: $162-$187 to most countries. $289 to Eastern Europe countries.
Canada: $152
Australia and New Zealand: $293

Rising Sun + Green Horde Pledge
Europe: $142-$160 to most countries. $240 to Eastern Europe countries.
Canada: $132
Australia and New Zealand: $242

HATE + Green Horde Pledge
Europe: $147-$166 to most countries. $253 to Eastern Europe countries.
Canada: $137
Australia and New Zealand: $255

Rising Sun + HATE + Green Horde Pledge
Europe: $191-$228 to most countries. $362 to Eastern Europe countries.
Canada: $183
Australia and New Zealand: $369

See you back in the future!

 

 

 

so basically while those outside the USA (or asia) can back you'll need to be prepared to eat very substantial shipping costs (they look very similar to what the Asmodee store that CMON is now using charges). I can't see myself getting any physical product because of this, but do appreciate the option to do so and applaud CMON for not making this USA only

 

and just a warning for those from the EU who don't normally import stuff, VAT is calculated on the basis of Item + shipping (not on the item price alone) so if you are getting physical product factor that in

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ced1106 said:

Tried HATE as well. Miniatures are great, but the game's another "roll more bips than baps". Apparently, the game is better as a league or campaign, but I already have too many games like that. Some on Dakka picked up HATE for their Chaos armies, I think. Miniatures look great as expected, but I still have Smog, The Others, and several other KS to paint. I've also picked up some CMON expansions on sale at a deep discount, though obviously none of the Time Machine ones.

  

You are probably right. I played it at a small convention and really enjoyed it. For someone that doesn't have time to game often it was easy to pick up the rules and quick to play several games during a convention time slot , so I am in for the Hate pledge. 

 

5 hours ago, JoeGKushner said:

I originally passed on Hate but I've seen some phenomenal paint jobs. If I can get the original Zombicide Black Plague as well, it's a double win. Maybe some terrain from the Hate set too. 

 

I am with you. After playing it I think this had some of the nicest looking minis I have seen in a cmon game and am looking forward to getting it. The thought of getting some of the season one Zombicide minis I missed out on is also intriguing. 

 

The real question is where to start hiding this stuff since my wife thinks I have a hobby problem  :down:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think I'm going to be picking up Hate or Zombicide. I haven't enjoyed regular Zombicide when I have played it, and painting that many zombies is really unattractive to me. I don't know much about Hate, but the price is prohibitive for me this close to Bones V. I'm just here for the mood music.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2019 at 6:18 PM, WhiteWulfe said:

Jeez those are some absolutely astronomical shipping prices.... 

A lot of corporate shenanigans are in place to hide shipping costs from people. If I didn't have Amazon Prime, I'd buy very little online. Costs have gotten crazy, which makes sense because casual shipping has become so huge. The more interesting thing is that people have come to expect cheap worldwide shipping. Heck, I hear people complain if shipping isn't free within the US. That's not how the world works!

Anyway. I dig CMoN's stuff, more or less. As much as I like Zombicide as a casual thing, I've got a bunch of boxes in the closet that see almost no playtime. I was somewhat interested in Rising Sun, but apparently so was everyone else. I put down a dollar, but with the rabid collector (cough reseller) market, I expect to find nothing interesting by the time I get access.

And +1 for Massive Darkness, I'd still like to pick up a couple things, though I did get all the exclusives already. The KS packages really round out the core game imo, and are essentials. Also my favorite CMoN game thus far.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, CashWiley said:

A lot of corporate shenanigans are in place to hide shipping costs from people. If I didn't have Amazon Prime, I'd buy very little online. Costs have gotten crazy, which makes sense because casual shipping has become so huge. The more interesting thing is that people have come to expect cheap worldwide shipping. Heck, I hear people complain if shipping isn't free within the US. That's not how the world works!

Anyway. I dig CMoN's stuff, more or less. As much as I like Zombicide as a casual thing, I've got a bunch of boxes in the closet that see almost no playtime. I was somewhat interested in Rising Sun, but apparently so was everyone else. I put down a dollar, but with the rabid collector (cough reseller) market, I expect to find nothing interesting by the time I get access.

And +1 for Massive Darkness, I'd still like to pick up a couple things, though I did get all the exclusives already. The KS packages really round out the core game imo, and are essentials. Also my favorite CMoN game thus far.

I love Rising Sun, but my gaming group doesn't. I think it has to do with us having played 4 games and me winning them all so far. The lack of random luck is really, really nice, in my opinion. No dice to go wrong. It's all about strategy, planning, etc. Apparently, I'm better at that than anyone else in my group.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, CashWiley said:

A lot of corporate shenanigans are in place to hide shipping costs from people. If I didn't have Amazon Prime, I'd buy very little online. Costs have gotten crazy, which makes sense because casual shipping has become so huge. The more interesting thing is that people have come to expect cheap worldwide shipping. Heck, I hear people complain if shipping isn't free within the US. That's not how the world works!

Anyway. I dig CMoN's stuff, more or less. As much as I like Zombicide as a casual thing, I've got a bunch of boxes in the closet that see almost no playtime. I was somewhat interested in Rising Sun, but apparently so was everyone else. I put down a dollar, but with the rabid collector (cough reseller) market, I expect to find nothing interesting by the time I get access.

And +1 for Massive Darkness, I'd still like to pick up a couple things, though I did get all the exclusives already. The KS packages really round out the core game imo, and are essentials. Also my favorite CMoN game thus far.

Take a look at the Canadian shipping rates... It doesn't take long to hit over $100 USD... Which means they're using USPS instead of a courier service, where pricing would be half the cost, if that.  USPS is terrible for anything over 4lbs international. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

I love Rising Sun, but my gaming group doesn't. I think it has to do with us having played 4 games and me winning them all so far. The lack of random luck is really, really nice, in my opinion. No dice to go wrong. It's all about strategy, planning, etc. Apparently, I'm better at that than anyone else in my group.

I'm on the other side. I really don't like games without dice. Life is dice.

That said, dice makes games at least approach enjoyable when you're a casual gamer. I stopped playing chess at age 13 because a friend of mine studied it so intensely it became unfun to play with him. I feel like there are a lot of people like that in boardgaming and it's a problem.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CashWiley said:

I'm on the other side. I really don't like games without dice. Life is dice.

 

Eurogames vs. Ameritrash (although RS is a hybrid).

 

That's actually why I play Gloomhaven. I have plenty of dice-based dungeoncrawls (including most RPG's), so Gloomhaven's well-designed hand-management is a welcome change.

 

Of course, it took me 2+ years to buy it, since it doesn't have any miniatures... :lol:

 

Anyway, yep, high shipping. CMON said they changed to "actual shipping charges" during the Bloodborne campaign, and late backers have been warned for years (?) that their pledges would be shipped from CMON warehouses, not hubs, so would be the cost from USA, not the (subsidized) hub shipping cost.

 

My own solution is not to buy into this FOMO. Too many miniatures to paint and games to play. as it is. See you tomorrow at Bones V, though! :lol:

 

Edited by ced1106

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I’m done with CMON. 

 

My package was either stolen off my doorstep in the ten minutes between alleged delivery and when I got an email from FedEx (which I happened to be signed up for) or was delivered to the wrong location and lost. If the driver did drop it on the right doorstep, he did nothing to notify us so we could bring it inside. 

 

After confirming with FedEx that the package was truly lost, I submitted a claim to CMON. Their official position is that, because the package was marked delivered (supposedly somewhere in my general proximity), the loss is entirely mine and they will do nothing. 

 

I didn’t really expect a replacement, given most of this stuff is out of print. I did think they would do right by a customer who had invested heavily in a dozen of their kickstarters and their retail products. File this under the old adage about knowing who you are doing business with. 

 

I was skeptical about their business moving forward, given their stock delisting  and inability to satisfy their auditors they qualify as a going concern (presumably because they have fallen into the robbing Peter to pay Paul method of KS financing and are risking a death spiral if anything goes far wrong). Add to that the fact that this is their stance on what is a standard risk of the type of business they do (competent companies plan for this type of loss), and it seems foolish to trust them with your money, even if you haven’t yet been personally stung. 

 

Caveat emptor indeed. 

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tasso said:

Well, I’m done with CMON. 

 

My package was either stolen off my doorstep in the ten minutes between alleged delivery and when I got an email from FedEx (which I happened to be signed up for) or was delivered to the wrong location and lost. If the driver did drop it on the right doorstep, he did nothing to notify us so we could bring it inside. 

 

After confirming with FedEx that the package was truly lost, I submitted a claim to CMON. Their official position is that, because the package was marked delivered (supposedly somewhere in my general proximity), the loss is entirely mine and they will do nothing. 

 

I didn’t really expect a replacement, given most of this stuff is out of print. I did think they would do right by a customer who had invested heavily in a dozen of their kickstarters and their retail products. File this under the old adage about knowing who you are doing business with. 

 

I was skeptical about their business moving forward, given their stock delisting  and inability to satisfy their auditors they qualify as a going concern (presumably because they have fallen into the robbing Peter to pay Paul method of KS financing and are risking a death spiral if anything goes far wrong). Add to that the fact that this is their stance on what is a standard risk of the type of business they do (competent companies plan for this type of loss), and it seems foolish to trust them with your money, even if you haven’t yet been personally stung. 

 

Caveat emptor indeed. 


tasso. Have you filed a claim with FedEx? You should be able to get the value of the items from them. 
 

https://www.fedex.com/en-us/customer-support/claims.html

 

FedEx makes it easy to file lost package claims. If you ordered or shipped something from the US through FedEx, you can file a lost package claim online. 

FedEx is also pretty speedy. It normally takes just five to seven business days to resolve a claim. 

As the sender, recipient, or third-party, you’ll have 60 calendar days to file a claim for damaged or missing contents and up to nine months to file lost item reports. Just make sure you keep any and all packaging or evidence because FedEx might ask to see it.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Smokestack said:


tasso. Have you filed a claim with FedEx? You should be able to get the value of the items from them. 
 

https://www.fedex.com/en-us/customer-support/claims.html

 

FedEx makes it easy to file lost package claims. If you ordered or shipped something from the US through FedEx, you can file a lost package claim online. 

FedEx is also pretty speedy. It normally takes just five to seven business days to resolve a claim. 

As the sender, recipient, or third-party, you’ll have 60 calendar days to file a claim for damaged or missing contents and up to nine months to file lost item reports. Just make sure you keep any and all packaging or evidence because FedEx might ask to see it.

 

 

Unfortunately, they say only the shipper can file such a claim in this case since the package never reached me. If it had arrived damaged, that would be a different story. I pointed out to CMON that only they could get compensation from FedEx, but it didn’t change their refusal to make me whole at all. 

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By ced1106
      150 miniatures and counting! $109 base pledge.
      By the Sadler Brothers (Descent, Gears of War, Mansions of Madness). "Roll to resolve" dice mechanic with some HeroQuest nostalgia. Playthrough videos explain the rules well.
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blacklistgames/altar-quest/description
       
      "Using the Modular Deck System (MDS), introduced in Street Masters and Brook City, the game features incredibly modular gameplay using several different types of decks. Hero decks, threat decks, villain decks, and quest decks can all be mixed and matched along with altar cards, feature cards, and other game elements to create countless combinations of unique adventures. With an engaging one-off experience and narrative campaign play, Altar Quest offers players endless adventure in a unique fantasy setting with years of support planned for the game.
       
      Miniatures are unpainted, but here's a painted pic by one of the designers and painter...
       

       
       
       
    • By ced1106
      $40 + Shipping for a single set of two books.
      $75 + Shipping for two sets of books *plus* a copy of their Little Book of Town and Taverns.
       
      Add-ons TBA.
      SG's are additional pages. Free stickers at 150K. Woo! Stickers! 
       
      I posted a review of their Little Book of Dungeon Taverns. I highly recommend a second copy, for portability. : https://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/18/18527.phtml
       
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gamingbooks/towns-and-taverns-2-modular-books-of-battle-mats-for-roleplay?ref=user_menu
       

       

    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/darkelfdice/giant-metal-d20-dice?ref=discovery_category_newest
       
      Story
      We're Dark Elf Dice, a family owned business that specializes in gaming dice and accessories. As gamers and collectors, we're dice fanatics. We've been working day and night in the dice business since 2005, and for a long time, we've wanted to create something SPECTACULAR: oversized, metal d20s in magnificent colors and finishes. 
      With your help, we can create these amazing, giant metal d20's for your game table!
    • By Tasso
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/firstlegion/first-legion-heroic-scale-28mm-fantasy-figures?ref=discovery&term=First legion
       
      Just ran across this. I’m not familiar with the company, but they seem pretty established in the historical line. Anyone have thoughts on these? The price per figure seems reasonable for good resin. 
       
    • By Clearman
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1327314385/barbaric-splendor-kickstarter-two-personalities-2
       

  • Who's Online   21 Members, 1 Anonymous, 45 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...