Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Another 3D print that I’m working on, this time a big one. I’ve shoes away from buying/printing dragons for the most part as I have a ton of amazing Reaper ones still to paint (or finish... ) but this one was a freebie of sorts from one of the creators I follow on Patreon.
In keeping with my clear resin tricks, I whipped up the base really quickly and then stalled on how I was going to paint the actual dragon... oops!
I masked off the crystals and plugged the holes for the feet and primed it with a mix of brown and grey Vallejo primers, drybrushed it with a tan followed by a tan mixed with white and then it got a series of Vallejo model washes (green, grey and dark brown). I then peeled off the mask and gave the crystals a quick coat with Tamiya Clear Green.
For the actual dragon, the plan now is to paint the heavier scales like the base with the softer belly and flesh being brown.
Like my recent plague doctor bust, I masked his eyes so they will be the same green as the crystals on his base. I toyed with putting a light in his head as well, but seems to be doing that to everything all of a sudden, and skipped it.
in case you’re wondering about the pink, that’s what mixing the Vallejo red and grey primers did. The base was that colour before the drybrush and washes.
Hoping to get some more work on the brown and get the drybrush done on his scales this weekend. That’s going to be a lot of drybrushing!!
Thanks for looking.
Since apparently I am incapable of working on a single project, here is another 3D print that is presently “under the brush”. Seemed sadly appropriate for these days.
Here he is before the cure.
a little Vallejo black primer.
Picked out the beak with Vallejo Dark Fleshtone by brush.
Went back to the airbrush and hit all the black parts with Reaper Coal Black (seriously, is there another black?!).
The beak then got some Reaper Rich Leather mixed with increasing amounts of Model Air Sand, focusing the lighter sand colour on top. The straps for the mask were painted with Rich Leather as well.
The beak then got a drybrush of straight Vallejo model Air Sand, followed by a very light and selective dry brush with Warcolours White.
The black then got a heavy dry brush of Reaper Jungle Mist.
next up will be some washes with some details being picked out and some metallic around the goggle lenses.
Thanks for looking.
Working on the Stone Giant. I'm looking for any constructive criticism but especially of the highlighting on the flesh. Not sure if I am finished or if it needs more highlights on the flesh. Everything else just is base colors and has not been worked on other than that. He came missing the the left hand and club.
Needing a break from resin (and not knowing how I want to paint my latest print), I have turned back to more basic crafting with xps foam. Leaning heavily on the teachings of Black Magic Craft on YouTube. These were also good to pick at during the seemingly 10000 hours of teleconferences I was on last week.
3/4” by 2.5” forms were cut and deck screws added to one end to provide some weight. I next marked out every 1/4”, then scored then with the knife and speed square. The verticale cuts were eyeballed about 1/3 of the way in on alternating rows (I did half one way, the other reversed to add some variety). I then went over all the cuts with a pen to increase the indent and soften the inner edges.
I then cut out the end caps 1” square and textured everything, pillars included with rolled up tin foil.
Lastly, I used hot glue to assemble the pieces.
hope to get them primed tomorrow and then a quick paint job on Sunday. Not that we’re playing D&D these days but I hope to have a few more pieces of terrain ready to go for when all this horrible stuff passes and we can resume our normal routines.
Thanks for looking.
Who's Online 16 Members, 1 Anonymous, 28 Guests (See full list)