Sign in to follow this  
planetmut

Baelor troll — what's this bit?

I bought a Black Troll by Baelor and, about 10 mins into basecoating it, I realised I can't work out what the outlined thing on his back is. Above and to the sides of it is hair and horns, but the outlined thing... is it some kind of armour? Or a hairnet? Does anyone have an idea?

(Interestingly, I can find only two — TWO! — painted pics of this sculpt on Google, and that's two versions of the same photo...)

what.thumb.jpg.3da5451343ef4480a1ce37344dd6b3d3.jpg

• Like 4

I agree looks like scales.

Now the question is, are these part of the Troll's skin or is it some sort of trophy?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I agree looks like scales.

Now the question is, are these part of the Troll's skin or is it some sort of trophy?

Maybe he's got fish and is hunting chips?

8 hours ago, Cicciopiu said:

Definitely fish scales: if you look at the bottom of the cape you can see a fish tail... and this answer @Glitterwolf question ^_^

Oh wow, this is going to be interesting to paint...

• Like 2

Really hard to tell.... if it's under it's hair, maybe a primitive shawl/clothing or sack/bag made from a skinned fish? can you show some pics from the sides at all?

• Like 1

On 9/29/2019 at 11:36 AM, TheOldGuard said:

Really hard to tell.... if it's under it's hair, maybe a primitive shawl/clothing or sack/bag made from a skinned fish? can you show some pics from the sides at all?

Good idea, I don't know why I didn't think of side photos. Duh me. I'll do some soon.