Oathsworn: Into the Deepwood

Balgin Stondraeg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/27/2019 at 12:40 AM, EvilJames said:

I saw their booth at Gencon. It looks interesting especially the giant rat monster and the tree.

I played in a demo session; game play seems plausible enough. My main concern is that the production seems exceedingly ambitious, and I am wondering what the likelihood of Kickstarter fulfillment meltdown is.

I’m still smarting from a table project that went toxic about two years back and disappeared with $800+ of my money...

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Rob Dean said:

My main concern is that the production seems exceedingly ambitious, and I am wondering what the likelihood of Kickstarter fulfillment meltdown is.

I can't find prior miniature boardgame experience by this company. 

BGG only shows one game for the company. : https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgamepublisher/39195/shadowborne-games

About page has only one logistics person. : https://www.shadowborne-games.com/about

Here's his LinkedIn profile. Plenty of experience, but not in miniatures or boardgaming. : https://www.linkedin.com/in/corey-coffman-01424043/

I'm not that interested in the game, so didn't research further. Since this looks to be a First Created project, I would ask the creator what experience they have.

Edited by ced1106

Well, that’s good enough...as in, that’s sufficient information to remind me to steer clear.  While it looks great, and they did manage to scrape together a good booth set-up for Gencon, so did the table company.  Discretion is the better part of valor...

On 10/3/2019 at 11:14 PM, Rob Dean said:

I’m still smarting from a table project that went toxic about two years back and disappeared with $800+ of my money...

I fully appreciate your concern. I mean hey, I backed Axes and Anvils and we all know how badly that turned out. That being said, I've backed a load of projects and a vast majority have turned out well. In over a hundred projects there's only been two or three instances where someone ran off with the money. There's been projects that fully delivered, projects that partially delivered (meaning I'm still waiting for more stuff that isn't due out yet), projects that are due to deliver later on etc.

From everything I'm seeing so far I've got a good feeling about this one. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Edited by Balgin Stondraeg

1 minute ago, SamuraiJack said:

I'm really torn on this too.. the monster minis look great.. the price isnt horrible.. i like the idea of swappable arms for the 45mm minis..

I'm the guy asking for a Painter's Pack of multiple hero bodies so I can assemble different variants. They said they hadn't planned it but might put out such a  pack if there was enough demand. Perhaps you might want to go and demonstrate demand in the comment's section....?

• Like 1

Live and thriving. It's funding at a rather swift rate despite having good competition in the likes of Reaper Bones 5. It's not going at Kingdom Death speed or the kind of speed you'd see for yet another CMON ZOmbiecide re-release. They also set the funding goal lower than expected so the overfunding percentage would look very successful. That being said they're doing very well 'though and it will be interesting to see where they end up.

Needless to say I went all in immediately, on the dot, on the hour, and still 2,069 people somehow managed to get their pledges processed before me. That implies a day 1 swell which may die down over time. I'm expecting the mid campaign lull to hit this one hard.

9 minutes ago, aku-chan said:

I'll be in for the basic standee version (there's a handful of enemy minis I'd like to get, but not enough to justify the whole set), I just need to find my pesky credit card again.

Hopefully I'll find it before the 24 hour freebie deadline is up.

Well you've got 18 hours left.