Sign in to follow this  
TheOldGuard

17308 High Rollers - Bones 4

4 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Oh Wow!

I haven’t seen many of these guys painted and yours look great!

Thanks!

I haven't seen many either, they were fun to paint.

• Like 1

Exquisite work on the eyes particularly! Love the color schemes too. And the names are the perfect grace note.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Rigel said:

Exquisite work on the eyes particularly! Love the color schemes too. And the names are the perfect grace note.

Thanks!

I can't take credit for the names as this is what they were called on the original Bones 4 campaign pic.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 7Ninjasinatrenchcoat
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/goatdice/goat-dice-changing-the-way-we-roll

What are GOAT Dice?
      Polyhedral 20 sided dice that produce a visual swirling effect when rolled. The effect is akin to animation or holographic. Don't believe me? Watch the video!
      Handmade and Artisanal. 
      Each GOAT Dice is produced by hand by one person(me). The process takes 4 days total with many overnight curing processes. The dice are made from resin and secret proprietary ingredients to create the visual effect. 
      Are these dice fair?
      The #1 question asked. The truth is, I don't know, but I think so. I've rolled these dice hundreds of times to shoot the very videos you see here as well as having played with them and they don't seem to be unfair based on my experience. They cannot be tested by the infamous salt water trick because they sink due to their higher than normal weight and density.
      They roll just like any other D20 with one small difference. The inertia from the spinning core causes a drama moment at the end of the roll, sometimes the inertia is strong enough to make the dice flip one more side and other times the inertia is not strong enough and it does a bounce back. This does not effect the randomness, but can create tension. 
      Shipping.
      I've done shipping like this, on a good month working full time I can make 300 total GOAT Dice, so I've split that in half and adjusted the shipping accordingly. The early backers, the first 150 dice, I am expected to get out before the end of December and with any luck delivered before Christmas. Then I batch them into 3 months (450) for each quarter of 2020, so if you miss early backing then your delivery will be targeted for end of march, if you miss March, end of June and so on. Best case scenario all dice are shipped in half the time allotted. When one reward tier is out of stock, another will be added with +3 months on expected delivery. 

GOAT Admirer $1
      You like what you see and want to support this project. You can adjust your pledge at anytime and choose a reward. If you adjust your pledge for a reward, I will do my best to place you in the correct shipping timeline based on your time of pledging. If you want dice, best practice would be to back one of the other tiers. 
      Petting Zoo GOAT $25
      You will receive a single GOAT Dice of your choosing.
      Mountain GOAT $45
      You will receive two GOAT Dice of your choosing. Add $22.50 for additional GOAT Dice up to 4, if you want more than 4 you are upgraded to GOAT Shepherd. (you may choose the same color twice or more)
      GOAT Shepherd $95
      You will receive five GOAT Dice of your choosing. Add $18.00 for additional GOAT Dice, no maximum. (you may choose the same color twice or more)
      GOAT Admirer $1
      You like what you see and want to support this project. You can adjust your pledge at anytime and choose a reward. If you adjust your pledge for a reward, I will do my best to place you in the correct shipping timeline based on your time of pledging. If you want dice, best practice would be to back one of the other tiers. 
      Petting Zoo GOAT $25
      You will receive a single GOAT Dice of your choosing.
      Mountain GOAT $45
      You will receive two GOAT Dice of your choosing. Add $22.50 for additional GOAT Dice up to 4, if you want more than 4 you are upgraded to GOAT Shepherd. (you may choose the same color twice or more)
      GOAT Shepherd $95
      You will receive five GOAT Dice of your choosing. Add $18.00 for additional GOAT Dice, no maximum. (you may choose the same color twice or more)

• By Lostraven
      The big box of unpainted Bones 4 minis stared at me intently. "Just paint," it said. Who was I to argue?

I did these in an afternoon and kept the palette tight to red-orange/blue and green with bone/brown/chainmail accents. I wasn't striving for "perfection" but rather completion. It felt good to get something done.
    • By ShantyShakin
      Long-time lurker to The Forum. Finally taking the time to post some of the figures that I have painted. I've been so inspired by everyone who posts here for the past year or so that I thought it was time I contribute as well. By and large, mostly what I paint ends up on the table for my players. I have a home game that I DM once a month or so that the minis are for, and an online session that I DM weekly. 

For my first post I thought I would post a recent project I finished which were the three bedeviled figures from the pile of minis I got from the Bones 4 kickstarter. The skin I layered up from a Vallejo black red to the Cuttlefish Scarlet Red for highlights. The horns and wings I layered up from a cuttlefish Black Knight black night to a Vallejo game color sombre grey, but the wings I ended up going back over with the Black Knight because I really hated the way my spray varnish made the brush strokes look on the final product. I really liked these three until that varnish kind of killed the work I had done, but that's what happens when you experiment. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. I did learn from the experience, so it wasn't all bad. The weapons and armor are a simple Vallejo gunmetal blue and Vallejo gold. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out and they were a fun addition to the gaming table. 

NSFW links to female devil: https://i.imgur.com/pPMAHEn.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/drkwZyi.jpg

• By Tolex Cat
      For a recent D&D session, the DM said he needed skellies so I knocked these out in about 90 mins.

I did go back after the session and fixed a little highlighting but all in all I was pretty happy with how they turned out for a quick paint up. Since bones absorb colors from the minerals around them, I wanted to go less bleached and more unhallowed, greasy, dirty look. So I stuck to the darker bone colors and used the sepia wash. I must have a thing for owlbears since I enjoy painting them and really loved the skeleton. 
    • By TheUncannyAK
      Jumping in here with my first post of miniatures! I've been painting for over 25 years, and once upon a time I did it competitively, but nowadays I prefer to stick to a straightforward tabletop quality because I can paint a lot more a lot faster. I have a large backlog of stuff to catch up on.

These cavemen are from the Lost Valley expansion from the Bones 4 Kickstarter. I cut off their integral bases and put them on Reaper's 1" round gaming bases, because I want all of the bases for my Lost Valley stuff to match.

• Who's Online   36 Members, 3 Anonymous, 300 Guests (See full list)