Sign in to follow this  
stormbreach

Wizkids Shambling Mound

Hello all.  Today I just finished this Shambling Mound from Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures.  I decided to do it just like a tutorial I saw on Mini Junkies, so I'm not even sure how much credit I can claim for him ::P:.  Basically it's heavily drybrushed with white and then entirely inked.  I used Vallejo Game Inks and this was my first time trying them.  There are some imperfections and I wish some aspects had turned out different but I'm happy enough with him.  I didn't have enough guts to put grass and flock directly on him like I would have liked but I don't think any of the stuff I have would have looked right.  As it is the grass and flock on the base basically disappears because it blends with the greens on him.  Hope you enjoy him!

Mound 1.jpg

Mound 2.jpg

Mound 3.jpg

Mound 4.jpg

Mound 5.jpg

• Like 20

Thanks.  There was no way I was going to leave the base alone, a creature made of vegetation couldn't very well have no vegetation on the base, right? :lol:

• Haha 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pochi
      My son's DM wanted a purple beholder with red eyes.

• By Pochi
      I had an itch to paint some horses so this is one of the horses from the Wizkids Adventure Camp set. I have always loved horses and greys are my favorite!

• By Thoramel
      Had an idea about having some sort of drow captain with a trained giant spider as a bodyguard for an upcoming session. I already had Reaper's Dark Elf Elite and the wizkids spider and I figured they would work well together. I ended up really liking the combination, may have to get a few more of those spiders.

• By lexomatic
      I decided to do the shark too. I'll post to where I've completed but still lots to do. So much that I've given up on my whale shark plans.
      This is photographing way better than it looks in person.

Then I did turquoise ink on the clear plastic and ashen blue and vgc glacier blue and turquoise ink wash on shark.

Then I started working in rubber /highlight and teal ink and spectral glow for the whale shark markings.

Now I've added a bit more rubber on the top

• By lexomatic
      This wip is far along. I had to rewash laundry late (and stay up late enough to put stuff in the drier).
      Started with a coat of Corporea black, then pure black on the barrel, and wood got mahogany. I debated painting stuff like the stuff at the military college (chassis painted grey) but I felt it would be boring. So I'm painting it in other boring colors. I haven't painted wheels yet. These would be better bought prepainted, because they're pretty inaccessible.

• Who's Online   15 Members, 0 Anonymous, 256 Guests (See full list)