Starfinder thread

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Started this mod tonight for a Nuar , Reaper Blackstar Corsair body and a Nolzur's Minotaur head

I am starting into Starfinder after getting to play this weekend for the first time. I actually have a whole 2 experience points! There is supposed to be game this Tuesday, so hopefully I can get my V

It might be, but for me, it's not really that bad. Hell, I think the most nerve wracking is gathering up minis that day of the event. I balance my games around my work schedule & working graveyard

Posted Images

Wasn't totally happy with the TRex from the future [Blacktooth Supressor] for my Vesk, so today I beheaded him and replaced it with the head from a Heroclix Ridge. A little paint and he looks a lot more like one from the Paizo illustrations.

xVKCLYu.jpg

QyF2fq0.jpg

• Like 2

We kind of played Starfinder for 6 months or so.  Our DM was more focused on rules and tables and ships than us and the game died out.  We found one of the few kerjiggers needed to save the universe or whatever we were supposed to do (we started out as a salvage team looking for loot... not sure how we got to saving the universe). And when I explained to the DM that we were feeling lost and confused, we were captured, forced to fight in an arena match against someone we couldn't defeat only to be resurrected (yes, they killed us) but someone else.  In the process we lost our ship and the kerjigger and were told how dumb we were for not knowing what we were supposed to do.  That was the last session...  

Overall, I liked the setting but really disliked the constant need to "level" gear.  The variety of the gear was impressive though.  And space combat...  It might be better at higher level but at low level it had to be one of the most boring things I've done.  

• Like 1

Tonight waiting to run Battletech I was goofing around with a new PC. Decided to roll for the stats instead of using the base 10 and add 10 system. I rolled three 17s and three 15s! With NO witnesses. No way any GM would allow that unverified, just had to grin and shake my head.

I've always been Starfinder curious, & thought about picking up some of the setting books. I love the idea of Urban Fantasy (i.e. fantasy but set in the modern world; think Shadowrun), & like the idea of space fantasy too. Is starfinder basically D&D/PF in space, or is there more to it?

Damon.

10 minutes ago, Lars Porsenna said:

I've always been Starfinder curious, & thought about picking up some of the setting books. I love the idea of Urban Fantasy (i.e. fantasy but set in the modern world; think Shadowrun), & like the idea of space fantasy too. Is starfinder basically D&D/PF in space, or is there more to it?

Damon.

it is pathfinder, in the future. It's got some interesting additions, but at the core it's pathfindery. if you want a setting book I'd recommend pact worlds. It only really details the system that golarion used to be in, but it gives a much better feel for what the setting is than the core book

• Like 1