Sign in to follow this  
Rigel

SPACEFUTURE! Hydra Mind Slave and Empress Xenovia

Diversity is important, and my Imperial forces and Venerians have been lacking. Well, I mean there's some ethnic diversity, but all the Venerians are ladies and all the Imperials are men. So here's a male Venerian (Hydra Valkeeri Mind Slave B if I recall). He looks like he should be played with minimal charisma by an actor named Brick Manjaw. Or Chet Chesthair, something of that nature.
DSCN7052.thumb.JPG.8b5de90181cf5b82601b654c618aa0d0.JPGDSCN7053.thumb.JPG.3925e7998a982cae9a966b8d8df6cfa5.JPGDSCN7054.thumb.JPG.14f4fa23c4719526efa9c4decbb80aba.JPG
Him with the gals: 

DSCN7057.thumb.JPG.959c09b66e975a5aadf9ea8cede4ae99.JPG

And likewise from the Valkeeri line, here's Empress Xenovia. But a) she's an Empress, and b) the outfit seems a bit more like the Imperials of Lord Zarek than the retrofuture vavoom Valkeeri. 

DSCN7046.thumb.JPG.530d3a334ba02bb79f9ff30c40597dbf.JPGDSCN7047.thumb.JPG.3b2508b48b93393c98fbbcce0b2bd69a.JPGDSCN7048.thumb.JPG.bff03a5f8d6bda0f866bd41364a4360e.JPGDSCN7049.thumb.JPG.ce7f39cf386fdb67167d552e36130cd5.JPG

And the whole crew: 
DSCN7050.thumb.JPG.5de74ce21b97b024678232a511204819.JPG

• Like 17

When you are outnumbered 1:12 by the females, you can afford to use CHA as a dump stat!

Great work.  Very colorful.

• Haha 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      I've had Garzuhl, the Mantis Man Ranger, painted up since 2015 or so, and just knew she was going to be the core of an insectile faction at some point. Then Nolzur's put out some Thri-Keen, and Reaper's Umber Hulk Burrowing Behemoth came out, and things fell into place. 

From the sweltering hive-cities of Mercury Terminus to the windswept ice-plains of Ganymede, the Kithkthix (for that is as close to their name as we can pronounce without pheromone glands) dig in and build their mounds anywhere they can get a foothold. Their societies are termite-like, with castes for every position. Intensive artificial selection is used to form new castes as necessary--a barbaric practice to humans, but the communal Kithkthix identify as a collective rather than as individuals. The only pronoun in their language more specific than smaller than We[caste] is Queen. 

Here are a few representatives of the hunter/gatherer caste (Nolzur Thri-Keen and a grab-bag D&D Thri-Keen), on the search for organic matter that can be used to grow the spores of the fungus that is their sole sustenance. 

and a more mature member of the caste (03850, Garzuhl) with her domesticated seeker trilobites. 

A member of the Warrior Caste, ready to rip and rend any threats to the colony: 

And a member of the Excavator caste, earthmovers par excellence. This specimen appears to have sustained an injury--but what could cut through that zinc/iridium-reinforced carapace?

Group shot: 

BONUS: The Manna-mold contains all the amino acids, lipids, and vitamins needed for human survival, plus digestible carbohydrates. Nevertheless, it is not recommended for human consumption, especially not the ROYAL SOMA strain, as there can be adverse metabolic consequences: 

(...annnnnnd THERE's the last of the Pinnacle mutants.)
    • By Rigel
      Just a simple pair of horrible spacebeasts frolicking in their native hellworld! 

I'll have to gloss up the molten bits of the base at some point. Any tips on lava bases I should be aware of?

In retrospect, I think the glowing mouths were inspired by the "gorilla-wolf motherbroccolers" from Attack the Block.

I do not know if the designers intended this, but the pair of them are in a perfect pose for Magma Wrasslin.'

• By Rigel
      From the depths of SPACE, they came!

A menace unlike any the Solar System had yet seen! Their weapons--inexorable! Their strange mental powers--UNCANNY! 

Bombshell's Counterblast line has a faction called the Edofleini. Can't prove anything, but I feel strongly that the designer had read David Wiesner's "June 29, 1999" at a formative age. The Edo are giant-brained cephalopods with zap guns and psionic powers, and if that doesn't tickle your fancy, perhaps a Space Squid has used an Emotive Transductor to suck all the JOY and WONDER from your heart? (They can do that, you know!)

I couldn't resist, anyway. Tried to give them a color scheme inspired by this coconut octopus. 

Here's the four-eyed leader of the bunch, in its magnificent robe of office.

The gold-armored subordinate with Neural Halberd:

A vicious enforcer, tentacles flailing:

A four-eyed underling:

And a runtish Spawnling:

And here's a group shot!

Keep watching the skies! Guard your brains! ARE YOUR THOUGHTS YOUR OWN, CITIZEN?

Ever so many more pictures below if you click:

• By Rigel
      At last, a return to the retro-future that never will have been! 01434 is a three-pack of mouslings with four head options included. A plucky, adventurous crew of spacefaring rodents. It is unclear if they are an uplifted species, or naturally evolved descendants of the lab mice shot into space back in the heady fossil-fuel days before the Last World War. After all, who KNOWS what kinds of effects Deep Space has on the murine body and mind? (See PKD's  "The Infinites" and James White's "The Conspirators"; no doubt there are others). But they're here, and they have blasters and space suits, and what more could you want? Are you made of stone?! 

Introducing the quick-witted Buck Roquefort!

The intrepid Flash Gorgonzola!!

The dauntless Honor Chevington!!!

And the *overwhelmingly* well-armed James Camembertius Kirk!!!!
      80085 is a BIG Bones mecha-mousling with missiles to spare. He is ready to rain down hellfire and bring on FROMAGEDDON. (or perhaps, LEERDAMMERUNG? Golly I love cheese puns.)

Here's the three from 01434:

And the whole crew (note, 01434 comes with mix-and-match heads--three bodies, two helmets and two unhelmeted heads): 

A bit of surgery later and I put the leftover smaller helmet on 80085, the Space Mousling Heavy. I believe @Corsair was asking on another thread about small mousling heads for a Starfinder Ysoki; this is one possibility, being noticeably smaller than its counterparts and also space-ready!

I recently impulse-bought some pale neon yellow paint, and used it for the bases and minor OSL. The asteroid is a stress ball I touched up with some Reaper Alien Goo and that same phosphorescent paint. 

A bunch more pictures if you want them; C&C welcome either way. Onward and starward, cadets! 

• By Maledrakh
      All Hail Hydra!

This one I have put off painting since way back when. In it's unpainted form I thought it had soft details and was a bit crude. As soon as I started painting it now, the drybrushing revealed another side to it, so to speak.
      It turned out much better than I expected, mainly as the faces are easier to read than when unpainted, and the details are not as shallow as I had thought.

Again, I use a big brush when painting big bones, this one was mainly painted with a 15mm wide flat and a 5mm flat. It was painted mainly with drybrushing with no washes used at all.
      I started over a black undercoat, I painted the entire thing with new Citadel Incubi Darkness, and drybrushed this heavily with new Citadel Kantor Blue. Next was a heavy drybrush with old Gamecraft Olive Green on the top half and Vallejo Game Color Dead Flesh on the bottom half.
      The stripes are in an old dark red I think is Leviathan Fire Dragon Red. I am not quite sure, as it was poured over into another pot at some point, and I did not write what it was on the new pot. I drybrushed the stripes with new Citadel Wazzdakka Red.
      The back ridges, horns and claws were done with new Citadel XV-88, Bleached Bone and Reaper Splintered Bone. The mouths were painted Kantor Blue followed by Citadel Screamer Pink and Wazdakka Red, and a mix with yellow at the edges. Eyes in bleached bone, Yriel Yellow and Wazdakka Red. Teeth in Reaper Splintered Bone.

I printed out a base for it, and built it a little up on the front end to make the beast stand a little taller. The cracks and edges were hidden with clumps of tufts.

Many of the miniatures in the first Bones kickstarter were based on metal minis already in production. Might this be a factor for softer details on those than on the newer ones?
      This was a paid add on on the KS.

77191 Hydra
      Reaper Bones, from the first kickstarter 2013
      Sculpted by Sandra Garrity
      Made from Bonesium PVC
      Bespoke printed 130mmx80mm base
      Currently available from reapermini.com

• Who's Online   44 Members, 0 Anonymous, 365 Guests (See full list)