• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Tolex Cat
      I'm painting this up for the BBEG this weekend. Last night I tried the layering technique for black by using multiple thin layers of complementary colors. Someone posted the artist and demo on the Reaper fan page a couple of weeks back when someone asked about painting black. If anyone knows the artist or link, please let me know since I can't find it. I highly recommend it. While these pics don't show the various tones of colors, it looks like rich black with some depth vs going flat like some black paints do. I love the effect. However, I will say it doesn't work as well on something more curvy. I was also trying it on another mini for her top and she'd very curvaceous. It looked a little weird so I just repainted it.

So that being said, I'd love some thoughts on what to do about the collar piece and gloves he has. Should I do the same black treatment or go with a different color? I think I'm going to do his pants in a gray so the focus is more on his armor. Thanks!
    • By rachels89
      Here are a few random Darksword minis I've painted over the last few months. I tried to stick to an earthy color palette for most of them.

Male Blind Warrior, SKU: DSM7417, and Young Hedge Knight - Dual Wield, SKU: DSM5026

Male Range with Wineskin, SKU: DSM7403

Male Elven Ranger with Bow, SKU: DSM7451. This one is a gift for my brother. He wanted an "Aragorn-esque" ranger mini. 

Male Warrior with Battle Axe, SKU: DSM7427, and Female Elven Archer, SKU: DSM1196

• By kazmania7
      Another of last months work, I wanted to try two things with this mini, first practice on some osl, but mainly wanted to see how far I could push the shadows on a white cloak, hoping for almost a pure black. But I failed miserably, when I had up to reapers 09137 Blackened Brown It just didn't feel/look right to me so this was the darkest I could get. I also did something weird for me as well painting the hair a weird color for kicks.

• By kazmania7
      well thought I's post this month's work so far.

• By kazmania7
      well thought I'd post this month's work so far.

• Who's Online   20 Members, 0 Anonymous, 47 Guests (See full list)