TaleSpinner

Getting to Know You, October 2019

4 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

October 16: What hobby related thing(s) are you working on (pics please)?

Mostly, working on Inktober.

And I can't photograph the OTHER thing I'm working on, 'cause Mr. Thorne is on the forums and might notice. >.>

So, just imagine pictures of a disassembled Museum Scale Omnimech ... ^^;

• Like 14

5 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Just working on some townsfolk for my brother's D&D game. Nothing special, at the moment just finished the first round of cleaning mold lines. Been watching Poldark to draw inspiration for clothing color schemes.

• Like 12

I drew a Sea Dragon for Inktober (Ink + October). The prompt word for day 12 was Dragon.

C00AD7B8-BAC7-4E9A-8860-D30DFBFE913E.thumb.jpeg.8caccacc152edaf576f40213c8315f0c.jpeg

That was easy. The attachment already ^ exists on the forums. The prompt word for Day 13 was ashes. That stuff he's swimming through might be the remains of someone's longboat...

• Like 18

Oddly enough, I've actually put some time into hobbying lately. I have my Gloomhaven and Pathfinder characters to paint, and I've been playing with contrast paints as an experiment:

20191016_115653.thumb.jpg.773001868c376bceb9a1bc324d6317f1.jpg

Trying to figure out which contrast works better for Ultramarines (The Ultramarine Blue contrast paint is far too dark, more suitable for Crimson Fists). Dreadnought body with Macragge Blue in the background. All are primed with Leadbelcher. The first one has Talassar Blue on it, the second has Basilicanum Grey and then Talassar Blue, and the third has Talassar Blue first with a coat of Basilacanum Grey afterwards. Not sure which one I like more right now, and I still have to figure out how to properly work with contrast paints to prevent the blotchiness (might have to add a bit of contrast medium, and have more paint on the brush when I'm slopping it on).

• Like 17

6 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Finishing off the SciFi Dino Troopers

IMG_20191010_152116.thumb.jpg.f4fa0797ef41085c1bd5986b085c91f2.jpg

And maybe painting a vampire...IMG_20191010_145037.thumb.jpg.596e104dc066069304399edabd1b62ea.jpg

• Like 16

I've been doing a YouTube Channel where I demonstrate how to quickly paint army-level (tabletop) paintjobs conforming to the "official" color schemes for Warhammer 40k, Sigmar, Monsterpocalypse, and others. It's NOT the high level paintjobs y'all do on these forums, it's DEFINITELY 15-minute-per model "make it look like the colors for my army as shown on Page XX Of the Codex" level work. Eventually the channel will get into more stuff, with THREE Magentizing tutorials coming up before year-end, and a "how to install a light kit in an Imperial Knight" tutorial coming up, as well as (very tentatively) a whole series on how to then paint said Knight. 

Obviously I appreciate Likes, subscriptions, and comments on my videos!

PLEASE NOTE that after the first 5 videos I significantly upgraded my audio, and after the first month I upgraded my software (Camera Upgrades are next!). I finance these upgrades, as well as purchase the models used in these videos with Patreon support, which I am NOT linking to here expressly to avoid a mod-bat, but you can find it by searching patreon for 7 ninjas. If you find MY AVATAR IMAGE that's me and literally $1 a month from anyone interested will make a HUGE difference to me - as once I'm exceeding $250/month I can start funneling money away from cameras/microphones/models/paints and into household budget ($150 into the household, $100 funded back into the channel for supplies etc.).

Most recently, this Video is available NOW to patreon supporters, and next week for the general public:

IMG_8985.thumb.jpg.726fef5183a3d6f3db0108fb78c3ed72.jpg

I've acid-etched a "dragon tear" glass bead with an Icon for a 13th Age RPG. The same techniques could make markers for just about anything, really.

Edited by 7Ninjasinatrenchcoat
  • Like 18

::(:

Well, I guess getting a job, then getting an apartment could be considered a hobby related project... in that I need those things to have space to hobby.

4 hours ago, Dragoneye said:

I'm in a slump. But this is the project I'm telling myself I'm working on....

20190906_104618.jpg

Is that a chocobo? Where did you get it?!

• Like 14

Really more neglecting than working, between the brain weasels and Fallout 4 settlement building, it's been over a month since paint hit mini. 

100_1049.JPG.26dcbe3ee40d059668a2c78303eb0f86.JPG

Tomb Guard and scenery for my Undead Army project. (the painting desk is freshly organized so step one is down.)

100_1050.JPG.ca2c9e2c12e64a5b0d1f1ea53e09e669.JPG

The Shelf of Incompleteness. Mouslings, Witches, Witch Hunters, Dwarves, and some Wizkids figures. 

• Like 16

Currently on the painting table I have:-

Mash, extreme death-sport enthusiast:-

alpAqp8.jpg

Mulch, giant demonic snail:-

cAi7c4O.jpg

The Glade Witch, magical plant lady:-

dieueoB.jpg

And Alice and Harold, gnomes for hire:-

bIN0HMc.jpg

Some are more further along than others.

• Like 18

Oh yeah... Alternate answer for today: my project for the next quarter is to... Work on finishing the dozen or so projects I've started. 

So yeah, besides Red Veil, BattleTech, and the current CAVs I own, I'm not allowing myself to really add anymore minis until the end of December, simply because, well, I actually do have a shelf of unfinished hopes and dreams now.  And it has a decent amount of minis in it, but having taken them off my desk has allowed me to get a LOT more done every time, not to mention allow a more guilt free "sit down and just paint" alongside rarely having decision indecision to deal with... 

I suspect I'll allow a few from the 3rd CAV Kickstarter when that comes in though, because Haunts are GORGEOUS. 

• Like 10

7 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Very little lately, as the whole getting ready to move thing has consumed most of my time, and all of my energy.
The little bit I've been working on:
tabaxi_eyes.jpg

Tabaxi Rogue I'm playing in 5th Edition.

And:

griffin_basing_basecoat.jpg

Battletech Griffin (from the new Starter box).  

Hoping to at least get the Tabaxi done in the next 2 weeks, assuming my massage in 15 minutes loosens my back up enough to get rid of the shakes when I pick up a brush....

• Like 14

10 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

@aku-chan where did you get Mash? And the plant lady? And those gnomes?

Lets see, Mash is a (currently) discontinued Guild Ball mini, the plant lady is part of the Warhammer: Underworlds - Ylthari's Guardians set and the gnomes are Reaper's Deep Gnome Heroes set.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3