Sign in to follow this  
TaleSpinner

Getting to Know You, October 2019

On 10/1/2019 at 8:11 AM, TaleSpinner said:

Tuesday, October 1:

As Autumn takes over fully, lets remember summer one last time:  What was the highlight of your summer?

Retirement.  sigh, where to start...

Three road trips, sleeping without alarm clocks, life long learning classes, art classes, time with family and friends, hubbys 50th pub crawl with grade school buddies

On 10/1/2019 at 8:11 AM, TaleSpinner said:

Bonus Poll: Should I refrain from Bones V related questions?

[MOD]Yes, you should. it is hard enough to keep the project confined to the threads it belongs in [/MOD]

2 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

October 2: What is your favorite gemstone (precious, semi-precious, or otherwise) and why?

(Multiple choices are welcome, mostly because I won't be able to keep it to just one.)

I have a particular attachment to my birthstone, Sapphire, but almost any pretty rock makes me happy.

• Like 6

October 2: What is your favorite gemstone (precious, semi-precious, or otherwise) and why?

(Multiple choices are welcome, mostly because I won't be able to keep it to just one.)

I dunno, it's not something I've ever really thought about.

• Like 3

I've always liked lapis lazuli, primarily because of the name.  Though it's pretty too.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

I'd probably have to go with bloodstone, although New Zealand Nephrite Jade is downright gorgeous (sorry BC, yours is kind of meh). 

There's one or two others out there, like jet, obsidian, and that one that naturally forms into box like formations but I always forget the name of... That ones downright gorgeous. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Garnet. Especially the gorgeous dark red and red-brown ones.

• Like 5

Sapphire because it's my birthstone, but I love any of the gemstones that you'll roll for me on the d100 treasure tables. ^_^

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I'm fond of amethysts and agates.

I always wanted a set of geode bookends.  I don't think I'll ever get one though.

• Like 6

Ooh. 

Labradorite - looks very unassuming, even boring. Greyish green, not much to be said for it.. then you turn it, and it's BLUE. I love this stuff.

Lapis Lazuli (don't eat it!). 

Sunstone.

And then there's my birthstone; the Ruby. 

• Like 6

I don't really know anything about gems, precious or otherwise, but I've got a big crystalline chunk of celestine (celestite?) That a geologist friend gave me. It's really neat looking so I'll go with that. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

No preference, since I don't collect or own any. All I can think of when reading this question is Dom DeLuise's voice saying "A sparkly!" from The Secret of NIMH.

• Like 6

The Arkenstone

• Like 2
  • Haha 10
  • Confused 1

I like ALL the shinies. Especially blue shinies. Because blue is my second favorite color, but there are more blue shinies than black shinies.

• Like 5

On 10/1/2019 at 6:11 AM, TaleSpinner said:

Tuesday, October 1:

As Autumn takes over fully, lets remember summer one last time:  What was the highlight of your summer?

Bonus Poll: Should I refrain from Bones V related questions?

Painting with my nieces (8 and 12) and having the eldest one ask me to send some to her so she could paint at home. She was thrilled with the package and brushes that I sent.

Opals! Not only are they my birthstone I think they are just gorgeous in general. And can come in so many different colors!

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Argentee said:

... there are more blue shinies than black shinies.

True enough. But there are some deeply gorgeous black catseye and star gems that I like better than any blue gem I've seen, I think.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

I've never been interested in gemstones.

• Like 2