Sign in to follow this  
TaleSpinner

Getting to Know You, October 2019

6 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

October 31: What's your favorite kind of candy?

White chocolate Reeses peanut butter cups. I kind of need to avoid buying them, because somehow entire bags just disappear. :ik_oops:

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

10 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Red Vines, gummi bears, and black licorice.

• Like 8

54 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Milk Chocolates from a variety of chocolate makers & chocolatiers.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, TaleSpinner said:

Since I am a sugar-junkie, it is hard to narrow down what the *one* favorite would be.  It is easier to share what I don't care for.  I don't like crispy rice in my chocolate. I don't like cheap chocolate that tastes wrong.  I don't enjoy super sour candy. Cherry hard candies are right out, but soft cherry candy is tolerable. Candy bars with no chocolate are wrong. With allergies, I avoid the made with cookies/wafers like Kit Kat bars. 

My go to quick grab at check out is probably York patties or Peanut M&Ms.  Frozen Marshmallows with an icy Dr Pepper is good stuff. Gummi Bear, the good ones, are inhaled.

• Like 11

Sadly my body doesn't process lots of sugar anymore. So, other than an occasional piece of dark chocolate, I avoid candy. 

But when I could eat anything I wanted it was M&M's. Hands down awesome. Plain or with peanut. Doesn't matter. Even the euro version Smarties are awesome. 

Someone at work brought a giant bowl of those snack sized versions in and left them in the lunch room today. I'm actively avoiding the lunch room now as I don't want to put my poor impulse control to the test.

• Like 8

Wunderbar.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

DARK chocolate, 70-80%. More cocoa less fillers like milk powder and sugar. I like it with chilies, ginger, cherries, sometimes nuts. Right now I'm kind of hooked on these little dark chocolate and salt caramel balls the local grocery has in the bulk food dept.  

• Like 10

Even though I am not much of a 'sweets' person I do occasionally enjoy several candies. She me of my faves are the "fav reds" jelly beans at Easter. Sometimes I buy myself a Snickers, but since I can not eat it all in one sitting, thanks you borderline diabetes, I usually cut it into fourths of which I get one or two of if I am lucky....... There is a candy monster in the house despite having four dogs and three cats.....

• Like 7

Free!

Beyond that, picking a favorite is hard, I like most candy.  Probably Canadian Smarts or M&Ms.  I like the taste and enjoy sorting them and eating them by colour (and being a rebel and not eating the red ones last! ).

What I don't like: black licorice, almost anything with coconut (homemade haystack (they have like a million names) cookies being the exception), and anything like those candy corn things that taste like wax.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Reese's peanut butter cups.

Only in the original configuration. Other forms (minis, pieces, eggs, etc) throw off the chocolate/peanut butter ratio.

• Like 7