Sign in to follow this  
TaleSpinner

Getting to Know You, October 2019

3 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

October 31: What's your favorite kind of candy?

Peanut M&Ms.

But I'm not allowed to buy them anymore as I have no willpower and can easily finish off a large bag of them in one go.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

Reese's Peanut Butter whatever (Pumpkins, Christmas Trees, Eggs, etc). But honestly I try to limit my sugar intake these days, and I try to stick with primarily dark chocolate. Dark Chocolate Kit Kat and York Peppermint Patties are probably the two most common. 

• Like 5

Coffee Crisp and Twix for cheap candy.  Good, pure white or dark chocolate for a special treat.  

• Like 4

ROCKETS!  Oh my gawds those are good.

Sweet Tarts are an acceptable second place.

• Like 3

The edible kind!

My favorite combination is to eat a Reese's cup, and while chewing, quickly unwrap a Kit Kat, and eat it rapid succession with the remnants of the Reese's still in my mouth. It's a wonderful combination.

45 minutes ago, CashWiley said:

Reese's peanut butter cups.

Only in the original configuration. Other forms (minis, pieces, eggs, etc) throw off the chocolate/peanut butter ratio.

Have you tried the ones that are shaped like a Cadbury Creme Egg? I saw them at Easter this year, and they were delicious. Ratio was spot on.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

White chocolate and peppermint, e.g. candy cane Hershey's bars or kisses or Andes peppermint crunch mints.  Since the white chocolate and peppermint combination only really shows up around Christmastime, I stock up.

Barring that, most mints.  I prefer spearmint Star Brite mints but they're hard to find.  The peppermint mints work as a fallback.  Andes creme de menthe mints are good.  Dove squares with dark chocolate and mint swirl are also good.

I'm also a fan of dark chocolate.

In general, I don't care much for milk chocolates, although I'll make an exception for Hershey's bars.

All of this said, I'm trying to keep my sugar intake low, so I don't eat nearly as much candy as I used to.

• Like 4

October 31: What's your favourite kind of candy?

A sensible question, given the day.

It is no longer made. Hershey made a (knock-off?) alt-version of M&Ms but used their special dark chocolate, instead of milk chocolate, on the inside.

I have gotten to where I dislike candy that I once liked:mellow:  I like Hershey Special Dark in whatever forms I can get it. I have tried other, fancier, darker, "organic", higher cocoa content, fair traded, chocolates but they just taste strange to me.

• Like 4

Erh.. yes.

My favorites have shifted some over the years, but milk chocolate, some varieties of white chocolate.. those Ocho things that are more or less coconut and dark chocolate are really REALLY good? I .. I'unno. Lots. ^^;

• Like 4

The free kind!

Even though I can't indulge much anymore, I've always enjoyed things like candy corn, maltesers, Sunmaid raisin boxes, Reese's peanut butter cups, and a ton of other ones that I can't think of at the moment.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

My favorite combination is to eat a Reese's cup, and while chewing, quickly unwrap a Kit Kat, and eat it rapid succession with the remnants of the Reese's still in my mouth. It's a wonderful combination.

You could just stack those two things. That rapid succession unwrapping procedure sounds like a huge spot of bother.

2 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Sunmaid raisin boxes,

Those are not candy? That is dried fruit.

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, TGP said:

They're still amazing to get.  They'd be the first thing to be outright destroyed in my haul...  And by destroyed, I mean in the "ravenously devoured" kind of way. 

Those were always followed by Glosette Raisins, although I'd usually pace those due to other things catching my attention. 

Tootsie Rolls are also rather good too... 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:
23 minutes ago, TGP said:

That is nature's candy, sir!

OK.

Have you tried the Sunmaid raisins version that comes in foil pouches?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Tootsie rolls, gummi bears (best is haribo), peppermint patties, Milky Way dark, Kit Kat dark, Twix bars, 3 musketeers bars, any chocolate by Cadbury, Lindt truffles.

• Like 7