ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5: Information Thread

This is the Bones 5 Information Thread.

In an effort to reduce confusion by people seeking information and asking on topic questions, we are creating two threads for our Bones 5 Kickstarter.

This is the thread for information and questions.  
This thread will be moderated to ensure forum rules are followed.  

Posts of chatter and enthusiasm will be relocated to the Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread. https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/88310-reaper-bones-5-enthusiasm-and-commentary-thread

Please find the project on Kickstarter.com here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/reaperbones5/reaper-miniatures-bones-5-escape-from-pizza-dungeon

• Like 4

It’s that time!

Thanks to our incredible backers, our prior Kickstarter projects have been amazing successes! We’ve added hundreds of models to both the Bones Classic and the new Bones Black ranges.

We’ve also heard that you want more! More Monsters! More Dragons! More Characters! More variety and more amazing new models!

You're in luck! We’ve spent the last two years creating a large batch of more Bones sweetness.

Since Bones are still really expensive to produce, and we again need your help to expand our Bones Classic and Bones Black miniatures lines. Your support makes the molds that we need to produce the figures, and in exchange you get the first crack at these figures for a fantastic backer-only deal!

So what’s this all about?

It’s about Bones miniature figurines, which are the best high-quality plastic gaming models to hit the industry in the last decade. Inexpensive, highly detailed gaming models that are easy and fun to paint and won't break when you actually use them for games!

What are all the models and map below?

Below are all of the models contained in the initial Core Set.

After we reach our initial funding goal, we'll keep going and the contents of the initial Core Set will keep on growing. How large will the Core Set get you ask? Well that’s a top secret at Reaper but based on prior Kickstarters it’s safe to say it should go past 140 miniatures~

The map tracks our progress. Each stop along the way unlocks more fun!

1fffc62ef7d574054286fcf78a37541d_origina
PD GIF
634aa2cdc1f3b91656e16692df6517f0_origina

d256a2a2338fa2fbd1a883a450639944_origina
e51ea717f88483605ee4022684c43892_origina
1f23b996ce9062841db64ac7a66490aa_origina

Risks and challenges

What are the risks and challenges that come with completing your project, and how are you qualified to overcome them?

!! VERY IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ !!

PRODUCTION AND FULFILLMENT

For a project like ours, the risks and challenges fall into three categories: 
1) Overall Non-completion. 
2) Delays in meeting our estimated delivery dates. 
3) We do not produce a specific model or change/subtract or add a piece to a specific model. 
4) The bulk of our Kickstarter will be made in China. A tariff in excess of 50% or a ban on Chinese imports would seriously delay delivery and/or, in a worse case, shutdown this project entirely. If such an event occurs early on in this project, refunds (less charges and expense payments made) might be possible. If it occurs later in this project (after almost all expenses have been paid) there would be little and possibly no refunds.

Concerning the risk of Overall Non-completion: we've already completed several massive Kickstarters and are fully aware of the pitfalls. Two things that could cause the non-completion of this Kickstarter are either the loss of our inbound shipments (due to an act of God, pirates or war), or a massive disaster (fire, flood) that levels our facility. Either of those events might be disastrous, however we carry full insurance on our facility and insure every shipment against loss or damage.

Obviously either of the above tragic events would create delays in meeting our estimated delivery dates, and that brings us to the second category: delays. We have learned a lot from our Kickstarters. However, delays are simply part of the cycle of business and it is our wisdom, training, and experience that helps us mitigate and work through any delay. Some delays, like ones we have control or exercise input over, are easy to solve. Other delays that are out of our control, such as US Customs and Border Protection and Consumer Product Safety Commission inspections and dock yard labor strikes are examples of delays out of our control. In the end we do everything possible to avoid any delay and will always update you as soon as possible.

Lastly there is the risk we will not produce a specific model shown. This will only occur if there is not enough interest in a specific model measured by the number of backers that actually pledge for to back it verses the cost to produce it. This event has never occurred in any of our previous Kickstarters, but is nonetheless still a risk. In the event this situation develops you will have plenty of time to adjust your Pledge Manager.

Also we reserve the right to modify any model or piece of a model shown to meet cost and production requirements. Modifications may include the removal or addition of new parts to a model.

REFUND POLICY

If it is within 14 days of the closing of this Kickstarter we will refund your entire pledge amount. After 14 days, but before the closing of this Kickstarter’s Reaper Pledge Manager, we will refund your entire pledge minus the 10% Kickstarter and Processing Fees we incur. Once the Reaper Pledge Manager closes, refund requests are subject to review and not all requests may be honored.

YOUR BACKER RESPONSIBILITY IN THIS KICKSTARTER

If you do not log in and confirm your pledge in the Reaper Pledge Manager by August 31, 2020 you agree that we have fulfilled our obligations to you in full for payment or donations received. However, we may, at our discretion, refund or ship your pledge if you contact us and confirm your pledge after August 31, 2020.

Unconfirmed pledges make it difficult for us to plan production and logistics. If you confirm your pledge late (after April 30, 2021) some items may not still be available. This means that part, if not all, of your rewards may not be available and/or your pledge may be forfeit.

You are responsible for all fees associated with the transit and acceptance by you to complete delivery. These include, but are not limited to: import duties or any other duties that may be payable to the relevant and taxing authorities, VAT and GST due and delivery acceptance, brokerage and collection charges.

You are required to provide correct address information and ensure this address is deliverable by normal methods before your rewards are shipped.

You must have your address correct and up to date in the Reaper Pledge Manager when we announce shipping is beginning. You may change it at any time until then. There may be a shipping surcharge associated with changing countries.

Rewards returned to us as undeliverable will be shipped again postage prepaid by the Backer.

ALL OFFICIAL COMMUNICATIONS FOR THIS KICKSTARTER WILL BE VIA KICKSTARTER UPDATES ONLY.

Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Questions about this project? Check out the FAQ
UPDATE #1

WOW! FUNDED IN TWO MINUTES!

UPDATE #1
10/1/2019

THANK YOU ALL!

What incredible start! The Core Set is unlocked!

We're adding these BoulderKin by Jason Wiebe to every Core Set! If you select a Core Set among your rewards in our Reaper Pledge Manager, you'll automatically get these models!

Our next goal is on deck - Valfuryx the Vile! Simply increase your pledge by $14, and don't forget to choose this reward in the Reaper Pledge Manager!

How can you help us reach our goals? You can get the word about Bones 5 out on Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, Twitch, Instagram, Reddit, and any place you interact with people who share our mutual love for miniatures!

980941d1a5ba24ff83a6d2c8f70f82fb_origina
6319b02f98c969f591a13de17089d5b0_origina
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

UPDATE #2

Wow! Things are moving fast!

We're adding these Scarecrows by Chris Lewis and Bob Ridolfi to every Core Set! If you select a Core Set as one of your rewards in the Reaper Pledge Manager, you'll automatically get these models!

Our next goal is on deck are new Townsfolk from Erstwhile Miniatures and 

131aefeefe95bfc6583b380310b6b839_origina

Bobby Jackson! Simply increase your pledge by $20, and don't forget to choose this reward in the Reaper Pledge Manager!

How can you help us reach our goals? You can get the word out about Bones 5 on Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, Twitch, Instagram, Reddit, and any place you interact with people who share our mutual love for miniatures!

2dfdbf2809e033d59d6b8c2013b8b7dd_origina

UPDATE #3

Stretch Goal $270k Funded!

We're adding these Kid Heroes by Christine Van Patten to every Core Set! If you select a Core Set among your rewards in our Reaper Pledge Manager, you'll automatically get these models!

4dfcc0182d1552b9f3d7c30a8b73bbee_origina

Our next goal is on deck, the Dragon Bust by Julie Guthrie! Simply increase your pledge by $6, and don't forget to choose this reward in the Reaper Pledge Manager!

f84a0733d5cd84caf017efa5cbdcc25f_origina

Current Core Set Graphic

1dfa86145da0444a912d5494e81e2c9f_origina
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi All,

I just backed Bones V, and I've got a question. It talks about adding options, and the pledge manager, but I don't see where to do that, the only pledge manager I can find its the Kickstarter one, and you can't add options. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

BW

• Like 2

UPDATE #4

Spell Effects and Fire Giant Hellbringer are Funded!

Dungeon Dwellers I unlocked!

08e5f0886889bc8268765530a8e1866c_origina

To receive The Dungeon Dwellers, increase your pledge by $50 and select this reward in the Reaper Pledge Manager

And after The Dungeon Dwellers, we're going to grow your Core Set once again, with Catfolk by Julie Guthrie! We're going to add these Catfolk to every Core Set reward!

b005178ca6b63fe1fd88a52eb599a4f0_origina

How can you help us reach our goals? You can get the word out about Bones 5 on Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, Twitch, Instagram, Reddit, and any place you interact with people who share our mutual love for miniatures!

UPDATE #5

$680,000!

We're adding these Dreadmere Heroes to every Core Set! If you select a Core Set among your rewards in our Reaper Pledge Manager, you'll automatically get these models!

e3fc4749e237ed70e72b311aa824652d_origina

Our next goal is on deck, Paints! Simply increase your pledge by $18, and don't forget to choose this reward in the Reaper Pledge Manager!

257837ff71033f9b9efcfcd85504ef22_origina

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BrokenWolf668 said:

I just backed Bones V, and I've got a question. It talks about adding options, and the pledge manager, but I don't see where to do that, the only pledge manager I can find its the Kickstarter one, and you can't add options.

Welcome to the Forums.  Great Question.

The Reaper Bones 5 Pledge Manager has not yet been released.  Once it is, you will need to make an account there and allocate your pledge to claim the reward items you wish to receive.  The RB5PM will be how you provide your shipping address and pay for your postage expenses.

My understanding is the current plan has the RB5PM releasing/opening within a week after the KS ends.  However as this is a live project, plans can and do change without warning.

• Like 4

Can we get an official scale for both Valfuryx and Aganzarax? Their prices are lower than many dragons from prior KS, which makes me assume they're smaller, but they looked larger in the ReaperCon previews. Actual scale and measurements would be appreciated.

• Like 2

The images appear to be darker.  Can I assume this means most/all models are bones black material?  Can we see a list of intended models to be done in the original material?

I liked the original but I really like the bones black stuff.  Greatly prefer the harder/stiffer stuff.

Sorry if this is over-asked, but I'm having trouble finding a clear answer.

I've put some money into the Pledge manager, but I'd like to add to it over time.

I see that it currently says "32 days to go".  Does that mean I only have 32 days to add more money?  Or can I continue to after that, since I'm already in?  The longer the better for me, and I'd like to get several expansions.

UPDATE #6

Incredible Opening Day! 1,090,000 Goals for Viewing.

5ad775655b083317ea79b054c67282a7_origina
ffed2c468cf4c29733a1ff1c44f8a90e_origina
88f0df3e33fea059513c472b4ebc1055_origina

c639d4757402e08393f57de818318602_origina
Like like this update

Thanks for asking !

Welcome to the Forums.

Let's see if I can clarify as your statements are not really accurate.

4 hours ago, cawatrooper said:

Sorry if this is over-asked, but I'm having trouble finding a clear answer.

I've put some money into the Pledge manager, but I'd like to add to it over time.

You have pledged to pay money on Kickstarter.com in 32 days when this project ends.  {Sat, November 2 2019 5:01 PM CDT}

Since the Reaper Bones 5 Pledge Manager hasn't been made publicly available yet, it is not possible for you to have money there yet.

I see that it currently says "32 days to go".  Does that mean I only have 32 days to add more money?  Or can I continue to after that, since I'm already in?  The longer the better for me, and I'd like to get several expansions.

Well, sort of.  You have 32 days remaining before the project closes on Kickstarter to increase (or decrease, if that is your choice) your pledged amount.  When the project closes and Kickstarter collects your pledge, Reaper will receive your pledge information and put it into their RB5PM.

After the project ends on Kickstarter, the RB5PM will open and you will have to pay shipping and allocate your pledge for reward items.  At that time, and until it closes, you can spend more money to select additional items.

The closing date is found in the Campaign tab of the project and in the second post of this thread; August 31, 2020.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Question, since I could not seem to find it on the KS page and the comments there go WAY too fast:

"What is up with the "europe (NOT UK)" and "UK (not EUROPE)" pledge levels? I have a feeling it is something to do with Brexit? I am curious because it would affect strongly how much I have to pay at the door.

I dont know if I read this correctly I can pledge 1 dollar now to have the pledgemanager at my disposal and at a then raise my pledge at a later stage .

16 hours ago, Nivek said:

The images appear to be darker.  Can I assume this means most/all models are bones black material?  Can we see a list of intended models to be done in the original material?

No, it is not safe to assume anything.  

At this present time, Reaper has confirmed the Core Set and the Expansion Sets will be in Bones Black.

It was stated that the smaller models will be BB and the larger models will be decided as the production needs are unveiled.  That is to say, as the larger models are in the make mold process of production, the decisions will be made then.  The BB material is much more fragile than the Original and that is also a consideration.

Lists of models won't happen before the end of the project because until then the list is too fluid.

7 hours ago, Maglok said:

"What is up with the "Europe (NOT UK)" and "UK (not EUROPE)" pledge levels? I have a feeling it is something to do with Brexit?

With the unresolved Brexit issue still in play, Reaper has decided to split the two.

Reaper is working hard to find a shipping hub in Europe that will minimize costs for both Reaper and the Backer.  This is still in process and as such definite answers such as final cost to the end user are unknown at present.  

Reaper wants to save you money and is working towards that goal. 

4 hours ago, robbie042 said:

I don't know if I read this correctly.  I can pledge 1 dollar now to have the pledge manager at my disposal and at a then raise my pledge at a later stage?

Correct.  You are reading it exactly as intended.

By pledging the minimum of one dollar through Kickstarter while the project is live, you will receive access to the Reaper Bones 5 Pledge Manager when it opens.  This secures you prices that are shown in the project.  You will be able to allocate funds to select your reward items until the RB5PM closes August 31, 2020.

If you do not pledge at minimum levels, one dollar, you will still be able to join through the RB5PM after the project ends.  However, you will not receive pricing at the Kickstarter levels, the pricing will be higher.  Traditionally 30-60% higher than project level, yet still lower than retail pricing will be.   These people are considered to be Late Backers.

Additionally, joining late does not unlock stretch goals.  If you wish to see more choices by unlocking more stretch goals, then you should back the project while it is live.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

UPDATE #7

$1.190 Million and Counting!

Yesterday was amazing! We are simply blown away by the incredible amount of support our backers have shown us! Again, and we can't say this enough, THANK YOU! We'll keep adding new stuff!

Overnight we hit the $1.190 million mark, and we're ready to see what today brings. Here's what we unlocked last night and this morning so far:

Right off the bat, our second expansion is revealed! The Daimyo Expansion is a $50 add on; only the first part is shown here, and there are two more parts left to unlock.

a3c03284bab9075c657625e01f8a4905_origina

Here's what we also unlocked and added to the Core Set:

91a15f7bde1bc65fed85535ce0b09b8f_origina
4afdcd38344332ade8b84a5f5e3e8fc3_origina
d361e78e434eba265432c2995187ab37_origina

Finally another Core Set add on: The Thing in the Well by Kevin Williams!

309286230d65a35c272584ece22cf6df_origina

And the Yokai Option by Jason Wiebe has been unlocked too!

975bc4df4bf1cf68da0a39f3dd3614d5_origina

Next up is the Deathrattle Ballista by Chris Lewis!

5bc8e8bfbaffc8ea5b9bb449ef4ec147_origina

Thanks again for being patient! More stuff coming soon!

UPDATE #8

Join us on TWITCH today at 3pm CST

1c58b92117d9f62f0de300022fd66e83_origina

If you missed our Bones 5 Live debut yesterday here is your next chance to join the fun. Bones 5 Live will start at 3pm CST immediately following Reaper Tool Box. 

Yesterday Jon Overton pushed the start button for Kickstarter 5. The show was originally scheduled for 45 minutes however it lasted over 6 hours and at one time hosted over 1000 people. Your show hosts, Jon Overton and David Pugh will answer your Kickstarter questions~

Bones 5 Live starts immediately after Reaper Tool Box.

Reaper Tool Box starts at 1:30pm CST and today Anne will be painting a Bones 5 piece that has never been revealed!

Check it all out:

Twitch.tv/reaperminiatures

• Thanks 1