Banners

Gobbo

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya,

Typing paper and inks. You could also use self-adhesive lead tape too, but I haven't seen this in some time. That would be a bit more durable and a little easier to bend into natural folds.

Note that the most important aspect of doing a banner is knowing exactly what you want beforehand (obviously!). As most of my standard bearers are historicals, this requires some research and often reconstruction on my part to get something that looks plausable. While this may be stating the obvious, my first few attemps were failures because I had a general idea and tried to "wing it"...

Damon.

To make Banners...

Go to your local fabric store..

Check out thier remnants and find something along the lines of either a scrap of thin vinyl, or buy a piece off a bolt of the stuff there.   Prime it and paint it.  Another thing that could work is buying a thin piece of metal sheet from a supplier of such things and cutting the shape you need and bending it...

www.riogrande.com  (For metal sheet)

Tin, if you could get it, actual tin, not steel... although frankly sheet steel would work too, but it's harder to bend. Soldering ribbon might work for long "streamer" type banners. Copper sheet should be available from craft outlets and would work well, its also much lighter than lead. Just watch the edges on the copper- it tends to be razor sharp where snipped.