Sign in to follow this  
SamuraiJack

Fishing Village

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/968660672/fishing-village?ref=discovery_category_newest

About

d024e0a871b65a7334267cbd24b92551_origina

-Hi everyone, this time I propose you a Fishing Village:

• 5 Houses 
  •  7 Footbridges 
  • 1 Bridge

-A few years ago I did something similar for video games 

here you can see the video: and I've thought of creating models suitable for 3D printing.

-The models are in scale for 28 mm miniatures and are divided into components to be assembled without glue only joints.

-Doors, windows, nets and winches are printed separately.

-Each house is playable inside, with working doors and on the ground floor there is a fireplace with the pipeline out.

-The prints you see below have been made with an Ender 3, layer 0.2 mm, infill 5%, Pla Geetech white, the models have been designed to have as few supports as possible, I printed them with an overhang of 80 ° -85 °, support Z distance 0,3 mm.

-I highly recommend the use of printers with a print bed of at least 20x20x20 cm (for this scale).

-Paint with cans and acrylic colors.

-Each house needs about 500-800 grams of filament.

-I put hooks scattered on the houses to attach cordage or oil lamps 

-I remind you that only digital models will be sent to you, NOT PHISICAL ONES.

* Good fishing ... *

741d4b072ca5d5bbfff0074f680a140a_origina

By removing the base you can have houses for a land village.

8451817f99ce99bd5c2aca1481707660_origina
253bef1501ea30127a8f007e7fa09347_origina
2b1d6eaf43f05c1be4d9ed15c87299dc_origina
0a8755ce7ed4c29f51341ce29da0a5df_origina

• Like 2

More character than the GW building set at less than half the price.

But I don’t have or want a printer so I think I’ll continue saving for the GW set.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Darsc Zacal said:

More character than the GW building set at less than half the price.

But I don’t have or want a printer so I think I’ll continue saving for the GW set.

I concur with your assessment.  

Edited by lowlylowlycook
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Corsair said:

How much does the GW set cost?

$40 US per building set or $115 for the 3 pack.

But you’re getting 3 of the same building. You’d have to paint or customize them a bit to make each distinctively different.

No interiors in the GW one though.

Edited by Darsc Zacal
  • Thanks 2

Very nice. Another Ks I'll have to think about.

Shapeways and other sites offer printing as a service for a fairly reasonable cost.

1 hour ago, Talae said:

Shapeways and other sites offer printing as a service for a fairly reasonable cost.

So do MANY local libraries! Research your library's services before you source out online.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ladystorm said:

So do MANY local libraries! Research your library's services before you source out online.

My library barely has books, let alone a 3d printer, but yah they are a good source for 3d printing. Most only charge a minimal to use IIRC.

11 minutes ago, ladystorm said:

Good call! I always forget that because the closest one for me that does this is 30-45min away.

• Like 1

My library only effectively does minis, so this would be out. These would be great for an Innsmouth or Dreadmere type setting as well. the walkways are the easiest part to make, though. I picked up a cheap set along with a few buildings pre-painted for about 30$ I was shocked at the comparatively low price. I'll post about it eventually. For the right person (not me) these would be essential. But definitely worth looking into with a printer/ access to cheap printing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lexomatic said:

My library only effectively does minis, so this would be out. These would be great for an Innsmouth or Dreadmere type setting as well. the walkways are the easiest part to make, though. I picked up a cheap set along with a few buildings pre-painted for about 30$ I was shocked at the comparatively low price. I'll post about it eventually. For the right person (not me) these would be essential. But definitely worth looking into with a printer/ access to cheap printing.

I know the docks part of it would have helped me tremendously for a RCon adventure last year. Only docks I liked were a ebayer out of Russia (resin). I got some docks that were practical for the adventure but I never really liked em. I guess it was a good thing I didn't run that adventure last year.

I'm in on this KS!

7 hours ago, ladystorm said:

The Portland Public Library in Portland, Maine is one such library.

They have also hosted a Maker Fair a few times. ::):

The Auld Grump