• Members

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/968660672/fishing-village?ref=discovery_category_newest

About

d024e0a871b65a7334267cbd24b92551_origina

-Hi everyone, this time I propose you a Fishing Village:

• 5 Houses 
  •  7 Footbridges 
  • 1 Bridge

-A few years ago I did something similar for video games 

here you can see the video: and I've thought of creating models suitable for 3D printing.

-The models are in scale for 28 mm miniatures and are divided into components to be assembled without glue only joints.

-Doors, windows, nets and winches are printed separately.

-Each house is playable inside, with working doors and on the ground floor there is a fireplace with the pipeline out.

-The prints you see below have been made with an Ender 3, layer 0.2 mm, infill 5%, Pla Geetech white, the models have been designed to have as few supports as possible, I printed them with an overhang of 80 ° -85 °, support Z distance 0,3 mm.

-I highly recommend the use of printers with a print bed of at least 20x20x20 cm (for this scale).

-Paint with cans and acrylic colors.

-Each house needs about 500-800 grams of filament.

-I put hooks scattered on the houses to attach cordage or oil lamps 

-I remind you that only digital models will be sent to you, NOT PHISICAL ONES.

* Good fishing ... *

741d4b072ca5d5bbfff0074f680a140a_origina

By removing the base you can have houses for a land village.

8451817f99ce99bd5c2aca1481707660_origina
253bef1501ea30127a8f007e7fa09347_origina
2b1d6eaf43f05c1be4d9ed15c87299dc_origina
0a8755ce7ed4c29f51341ce29da0a5df_origina

• Like 2
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So do MANY local libraries! Research your library's services before you source out online.

More character than the GW building set at less than half the price. But I don’t have or want a printer so I think I’ll continue saving for the GW set.

It's done, and the creator gave us a little group shot of the existing models.     I just love how much character there is in these combined models.

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Corsair said:

How much does the GW set cost?

$40 US per building set or $115 for the 3 pack.

But you’re getting 3 of the same building. You’d have to paint or customize them a bit to make each distinctively different.

No interiors in the GW one though.

Edited by Darsc Zacal
  • Thanks 2
9 minutes ago, ladystorm said:

So do MANY local libraries! Research your library's services before you source out online.

My library barely has books, let alone a 3d printer, but yah they are a good source for 3d printing. Most only charge a minimal to use IIRC.

11 minutes ago, ladystorm said:

Good call! I always forget that because the closest one for me that does this is 30-45min away.

• Like 1

My library only effectively does minis, so this would be out. These would be great for an Innsmouth or Dreadmere type setting as well. the walkways are the easiest part to make, though. I picked up a cheap set along with a few buildings pre-painted for about 30$ I was shocked at the comparatively low price. I'll post about it eventually. For the right person (not me) these would be essential. But definitely worth looking into with a printer/ access to cheap printing.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, lexomatic said:

My library only effectively does minis, so this would be out. These would be great for an Innsmouth or Dreadmere type setting as well. the walkways are the easiest part to make, though. I picked up a cheap set along with a few buildings pre-painted for about 30$ I was shocked at the comparatively low price. I'll post about it eventually. For the right person (not me) these would be essential. But definitely worth looking into with a printer/ access to cheap printing.

I know the docks part of it would have helped me tremendously for a RCon adventure last year. Only docks I liked were a ebayer out of Russia (resin). I got some docks that were practical for the adventure but I never really liked em. I guess it was a good thing I didn't run that adventure last year.

I'm in on this KS!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Cygnwulf
      Been watching the previews for this on Bold's Instagram,  Some crazy cute models, this time sculpted by  Ismael Nieto.  I'm particularly fond of Bisa and Tori, the winners of the dino race, and the BatPacker is too cute.  Resin cast and STL like their last several releases.  I've picked up their STLs before and been very happy, Planning to try to swing for at least one in resin this time, though shipping from Sweden hurts.
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/boldminiatures/ismaels-collection

• By TheAuldGrump
      A STL Kickstarter for some dark fantasy terrain - support free, and optimized for FDM printers - Resistance of Darkness.

Story
      I exist only to serve the darkness. That is the sole purpose for which I was born. And every action I take, no matter how cruel or violent is for the benefit of us. You cannot resist me for long. I am the darkness. - Mourngaze

Lure adventurers to their doom or wage war with those who oppose you. Create a dark world and atmosphere for your tabletop games with Resistance of Darkness.

The core pledge is $35 Canadian - without the Stretch Goals. $54 including the Stretch Goals. $40 CA includes the dungeon tiles and walls from a previous campaign - without the Stretch Goals,  while getting everything, including the Stretch Goals is $59 CA. There are some Early Birds, but we just squeezed in on time, with less than an hour remaining.

Not sure how I feel about charging for all the Stretch Goals, but I guess it comes to about the same as having addons, instead of calling them Stretch Goals.

OpenLock compatible - which is nice, we have a fair number of OpenLock floors and walls, already.

It looks very much like terrain that would work for Oblivion, if anyone is running an Elder Scrolls campaign.

A free model is on the KS page, and looks decent.

The models proper look nicely Hellish - and would work for Dark Elves and Abyssal/Chaos Dwarfs.

The Stretch Goals include some expansions for the existing pieces, as well as a set of dungeon tiles and walls.

The Auld Grump
    • By TheAuldGrump
      A rather nice looking, modular, Gothic Cathedral - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/aleda/gothic-cathedral

And a printed model -

So, it has been tested.

I would have backed for the full model, but for some reason the creator decided that while most of the Early Bird offers would last for several days, the big one would only be available for a shorter time, so unless Megan really wants this, we are giving it a complete pass. (Petty? Maybe - but it was a dumb move on their part. That 5 quid is costing them 40.)

*EDIT* There is an old marketing maxim - always make sure that your lead (the product you are pushing) is the best bargain - they did the exact opposite.

The Auld Grump
    • By Lidless Eye
      A very fitting tribute to the classic days of Mordheim.  I'm glad they're doing both physical and STLs...I like to copy everything and mirror it when I print multi-part pieces to get more variety.

They've also got several add-ons of some of their existing conversion sets.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grimforge/scoundrels-of-the-damned-ruins?ref=user_menu

"Mighty backers, welcome to the second campaign by Grimforge Miniatures!
      A difficult year has passed for all and we have worked hard on a lot of projects but the main project which has lead our work is to create a new range of multicomponent miniatures capable to give you the opportunity to assembly a lot of different warbands, an evolving  expandable system born to integrate old and new models and kit for the best kitbash you can imagine.
      we have decide to keep the grimdark fantasy style full of citations from the 90's period and from the paint of artists like hyeronimus bosch.
      We have also taken the big decision to release for the first time also a digital version of this kit to give everyone the opportunity to print their scoundrels at home.  So you have 2 options: traditional resin models or Stl files. 

We have sculpted a complete multicomponent kit and we have a solid range of Stretch Goals to give you the opportunity to unleash your scoundrels during your games. All our miniatures are cast in Italy with high quality resin, the best way to give you miniatures as faithful as possible to the original sculptures. If you already know our models, you already have proof of the quality of our products. On the other hand, if this is your first experience with us then you are even luckier! in the last year we have improved the quality of our models and our efficiency so you will receive our best job!
      here are the "Scoundrels of the damned ruins": mercenaries, treasure seekers, cutthroats... these are the scum who are ravaging the Damned Ruins and you will be able to assembly a warband in a lot of different styles, from pirate to landsknecht with a moltitutide of weapons and accessories."

• By Cicciopiu
      I leave this here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ragnarokminiatures/ragnarok-white-metal-28mm-norse-fantasy-miniatures/description

Looking quite good! I'm backing for the character set.
  • Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 50 Guests (See full list)