Zombicide 2nd Edition by CMON and Guillotine Games

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, it's not like your average modern-day person knows how to use a gun -- particularly when they see zombies. Search on "gun vs. knife".   Thanks to Hollywood, not only do we think guns h

There’s a $40 Nostalgic pledge that basically upgrades 1E with new cards, dashboards, etc.  The actual rules are downloadable as a PDF for free here.

"Hey, Lassie! Timmy fell down the well again?" "RUFF RUFF RUFF RUFF" "Oh, Timmy escaped from the well but was attacked by zombies?" "RUFF RUFF WARF WARF" "Then was shot with fifteen h

Posted Images

On 10/8/2019 at 2:30 PM, talion78 said:

your mate is in a room full of zombies the first thing you shoot is them?!?!

Well, it's not like your average modern-day person knows how to use a gun -- particularly when they see zombies. Search on "gun vs. knife".

Thanks to Hollywood, not only do we think guns hit everything (except the main character), but also cause bad guys to be flung backwards through saloon windows... <_<

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Upgrade set confirmed with replacement character cards for ALL survivors and the plastic dashboards.  Very happy to see this.  Now to see the cost differential between it and the new "core", which I imagine will be set to push folks towards the full new edition...  :wacko:

• Like 1
On 10/12/2019 at 9:20 PM, ced1106 said:

Well, it's not like your average modern-day person knows how to use a gun -- particularly when they see zombies. Search on "gun vs. knife".

Thanks to Hollywood, not only do we think guns hit everything (except the main character), but also cause bad guys to be flung backwards through saloon windows... <_<

True but when I shoot into a room filled with zombies and poor Timmy ends up with 15 holes in him, I then try a bow and arrow and add an extra 10 arrows to his corpse...something's not quite right.

I even stood next to the door with my gun on a zombies head and managed to shoot Timmy instead.

Edited by talion78
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

"Hey, Lassie! Timmy fell down the well again?"

"RUFF RUFF RUFF RUFF"

"Oh, Timmy escaped from the well but was attacked by zombies?"
"RUFF RUFF WARF WARF"

"Then was shot with fifteen holes in him then got arrows stuck into his corpse?"

"BARK BARK BARK WOOF"

"Shoulda stayed in that well, eh?"

Yeah, I get what you think, which is why 2nd edition is out there. :lol:

More importantly :zombie:: "With that, backers with a Reboot, Presidential, or All-Out pledge will get for free the 2nd Edition ID cards of ALL Survivors ever made for the 1st Edition of Zombicide! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
On 10/8/2019 at 4:46 PM, Argentee said:

Yeah, that always bugged me. They fixed it in Zombicide: Black Plague so I'm hoping 2nd edition fixes it also.

It sounds like they have changed the friendly fire rules.  The intro video has Danny Trejo (Uncle Machete!) saying something like “now you can shoot zombies in a room without hitting your compadres”.

This looks pretty good, and the RPG looks interesting.  I pledged for the All-Out package, since I don’t have the 1e.

• Like 1

The friendly fire rule was instantly house ruled out here. I adopted the BP rule back into Zombicide, and I'd assume that's what's revised for it here. It was always a dumb rule. It may have some use cases (as ced points out), but that's better kept as a scenario or per-character rule (ie; this is John's first encounter with the undead or John really sucks with ranged weapons) to keep Sylvester the combat vet from making those incomprehensible shots every time.

I was just going to get the upgrade kit, but eh...I'm in for the new version. I'm going to need a Zombicide storage room. Right next to my KDM room.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, pcktlnt said:

Careful of shipping. They have been increasing and the latest project, trudvang, was $42 when their estimate was sub $30. 

Whoa, was it $42 shipping in the US? If so I'll have to drop down to $1 and see what shipping will really be in the pledge manager. The estimate says $15 to most states, but I haven't backed a CMON game since Z:BP. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, CorallineAlgae said:

Whoa, was it $42 shipping in the US?

Yep. They started charging "actual shipping costs" plus tariffs starting with Bloodborne.

Tariffs get all the headlines, but it's shipping costs that are killing small companies. State internet sales tax also threatens to make small mail order business owners quit.

• Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, ced1106 said:

Yep. They started charging "actual shipping costs" plus tariffs starting with Bloodborne.

Tariffs get all the headlines, but it's shipping costs that are killing small companies. State internet sales tax also threatens to make small mail order business owners quit.

Thanks for letting us know. I went down to $1. I'll have a look at the shipping cost and if it's something I can handle, I'll up my pledge for the goodies. 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Grefven said:

I think the 3d sculpts look really nice, so I am in. I really like the Danny Trejo ad, too. So will probably be picking that one up, too, because of that. :)

Yeah, that ad worked on me. I may need to reconsider this.