Sign in to follow this  
Darsc Zacal

Zombicide 2nd Edition by CMON and Guillotine Games

On 10/8/2019 at 2:30 PM, talion78 said:

your mate is in a room full of zombies the first thing you shoot is them?!?!

Well, it's not like your average modern-day person knows how to use a gun -- particularly when they see zombies. Search on "gun vs. knife".

Thanks to Hollywood, not only do we think guns hit everything (except the main character), but also cause bad guys to be flung backwards through saloon windows... <_<

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Upgrade set confirmed with replacement character cards for ALL survivors and the plastic dashboards.  Very happy to see this.  Now to see the cost differential between it and the new "core", which I imagine will be set to push folks towards the full new edition...  :wacko:

• Like 1

On 10/12/2019 at 9:20 PM, ced1106 said:

Well, it's not like your average modern-day person knows how to use a gun -- particularly when they see zombies. Search on "gun vs. knife".

Thanks to Hollywood, not only do we think guns hit everything (except the main character), but also cause bad guys to be flung backwards through saloon windows... <_<

True but when I shoot into a room filled with zombies and poor Timmy ends up with 15 holes in him, I then try a bow and arrow and add an extra 10 arrows to his corpse...something's not quite right.

I even stood next to the door with my gun on a zombies head and managed to shoot Timmy instead.

Edited by talion78
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

"Hey, Lassie! Timmy fell down the well again?"

"RUFF RUFF RUFF RUFF"

"Oh, Timmy escaped from the well but was attacked by zombies?"
"RUFF RUFF WARF WARF"

"Then was shot with fifteen holes in him then got arrows stuck into his corpse?"

"BARK BARK BARK WOOF"

"Shoulda stayed in that well, eh?"

Yeah, I get what you think, which is why 2nd edition is out there. :lol:

More importantly :zombie:: "With that, backers with a Reboot, Presidential, or All-Out pledge will get for free the 2nd Edition ID cards of ALL Survivors ever made for the 1st Edition of Zombicide! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 10/8/2019 at 4:46 PM, Argentee said:

Yeah, that always bugged me. They fixed it in Zombicide: Black Plague so I'm hoping 2nd edition fixes it also.

It sounds like they have changed the friendly fire rules.  The intro video has Danny Trejo (Uncle Machete!) saying something like “now you can shoot zombies in a room without hitting your compadres”.

This looks pretty good, and the RPG looks interesting.  I pledged for the All-Out package, since I don’t have the 1e.

• Like 1

The friendly fire rule was instantly house ruled out here. I adopted the BP rule back into Zombicide, and I'd assume that's what's revised for it here. It was always a dumb rule. It may have some use cases (as ced points out), but that's better kept as a scenario or per-character rule (ie; this is John's first encounter with the undead or John really sucks with ranged weapons) to keep Sylvester the combat vet from making those incomprehensible shots every time.

I was just going to get the upgrade kit, but eh...I'm in for the new version. I'm going to need a Zombicide storage room. Right next to my KDM room.

• Like 3

I think the 3d sculpts look really nice, so I am in. I really like the Danny Trejo ad, too. So will probably be picking that one up, too, because of that. :)

• Like 2

Careful of shipping. They have been increasing and the latest project, trudvang, was $42 when their estimate was sub $30. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, pcktlnt said:

Careful of shipping. They have been increasing and the latest project, trudvang, was $42 when their estimate was sub $30. 

Whoa, was it $42 shipping in the US? If so I'll have to drop down to $1 and see what shipping will really be in the pledge manager. The estimate says $15 to most states, but I haven't backed a CMON game since Z:BP. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CorallineAlgae said:

Whoa, was it $42 shipping in the US?

Yep. They started charging "actual shipping costs" plus tariffs starting with Bloodborne.

Tariffs get all the headlines, but it's shipping costs that are killing small companies. State internet sales tax also threatens to make small mail order business owners quit.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, ced1106 said:

Yep. They started charging "actual shipping costs" plus tariffs starting with Bloodborne.

Tariffs get all the headlines, but it's shipping costs that are killing small companies. State internet sales tax also threatens to make small mail order business owners quit.

Thanks for letting us know. I went down to $1. I'll have a look at the shipping cost and if it's something I can handle, I'll up my pledge for the goodies. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Grefven said:

I think the 3d sculpts look really nice, so I am in. I really like the Danny Trejo ad, too. So will probably be picking that one up, too, because of that. :)

Yeah, that ad worked on me. I may need to reconsider this. 

8 hours ago, KruleBear said:

Yeah, that ad worked on me. I may need to reconsider this. 

Me too!  I pledged seconds after seeing DT in the trailer. :winkthumbs: 

• Haha 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Clearman
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/859512613/cp-tribes

New busts from Ouroboros Miniatures

• By Rebel Minis
      We are very excited to announce our Newest 28mm Scale Dark Hold Kobold Cavalry Kickstarter!
      The Kobold Cavalry set is a pack of 10 pewter(unpainted) 28mm scale Kobold riders on Giant Ferrets and Komodo Dragon mounts sculpted by master sculptor Bob Olley. Each pack contains a Kobold General, a Standard-bearer, Kobold Spearmen, Kobold Swordsmen and even Kobolds with Axes!
      Check it out here: 
      Kobold Cav Kickstarter!
      Thanks!

Rebelminis.com

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ulissesspiele/myth-world-of-myth?ref=discovery_category_newest

Story
      By popular demand, we are giving everyone a second chance to own a gorgeous piece of Myth lore!
      The World of Myth is based on the highly sought-after Myth Limited Edition book. It shares the same high-quality leather binding and gilded pages, as well as much of the exceptional art and lore from the original. However, it also includes dozens of pages of brand-new content!
      These new pages will provide readers their first look at parts of the Myth story that have yet to be told, including stories by Brian Shotton:
      After the siege of Farrenroc, a Wall-commander loses faith in the Bright Legion, challenges the Commander-General's strategy and loyalties, and begins a journey to expose the secrets that have led to the deaths of so many of her soldiers. A master storyteller weaves a tale of love and jealousy between Anunkara, the Sun, and Lunankanen, the Moon. But is there more truth to the story than she knows? For those who are new to Myth or who missed the Myth Limited Edition rulebook, this book still includes much of the fantastic world-building from that previous volume, such as:
      Lore overviews for every hero class introduced so far Guidance for solo play, including multi-class deck construction The Art of Myth A full bestiary, including brand-new information about the Lucanines Whether you are a veteran hero or are just beginning your journey into Myth, The World of Myth has many wonderful new things to discover. 
      This is a small, straightforward campaign, so we’ve kept our reward levels to a minimum. We are mostly concerned with offering a leatherbound Myth lore book for everyone who couldn’t get one before. However, we wanted to make sure that anyone who had picked up the previous LE book had a chance to see the exciting new content!
      Digital Acolyte
      This is the perfect level for everyone who already owns the Myth LE book and doesn’t want to pay for another physical book with overlapping content. We’ll send you a full PDF of World of Myth, plus you’ll get digital versions of all the stretch goals. That means that you can print them and play with them as soon as we have them ready to go! 
      World Weaver
      This is the core reward level for the campaign. It features the physical World of Myth book, a gorgeous leatherbound collector’s item that you can proudly display with your Myth collection, whether you have one already or are getting ready to start one. You will also receive a digital version of the full book, and both physical and digital versions of every stretch goal unlocked. 
      We want to keep our goals manageable so that we can get you your rewards as soon as possible. With that in mind, we’re sticking to a combination of cards (which we can print quickly) and digital rewards that do not depend on shipping. The cards will be available digitally so that all backers can play with them, regardless of reward level.
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/conan-the-conqueror-adventure-mode-expansion?ref=discovery_category_newest

Story
      Five years ago, CONAN the board game became a massive hit and spawned a faithful community of players, designers, and enthusiasts. Brand new content has been long in coming, but it’s finally time to unlock the remaining quantities of 1st Edition boxes alongside the release of our biggest Hyborian Age expansion ever.
      Those who wish to wet their swords for the first time and veterans from previous campaigns shall join ranks and heed the call of Conan the Conqueror!
      Not only is the Adventure Mode (our original one vs many system) gameplay you know and love making its return, but we’re also adding a revised version of the solo/co-op rules featured in the Conan Monolith Sourcebook. Regardless of which version of Conan you own, or plan to purchase, all of the new content will pair perfectly with what you have.
      To celebrate its 5th Anniversary, we are making the Conan: The Boardgame, the 2015 classic 1st Edition available again in limited quantities. Combined with the new mega-Conqueror expansion you’ll be able to enter the savage worlds and raise your own bloodied sword. 
      This new expansion will boost options for ALL owners of the Conan Board Game. To play all of these new scenarios, you require only the core version of the game; however, King Pledge and Barbarian Pledge owners will find further options in some of the included scenarios.
      All of these scenarios will be presented in the Tome of Skelos: a 60+ page hardcover book in the style of our previous titles. Inside, you will find 6 brand new scenarios for the original Conan Adventure mode (one vs many mode) that make use of all the new miniatures, maps and tiles. We will add a seventh scenario if its Stretch Goal is unlocked.
      We’ve also included an updated version of the solo/co-op rules that debuted in the Conan Monolith Sourcebook as well as a campaign of 7 specially designed solo co-op scenarios, where players will choose their heroes, gather equipment, and gain powerful Boons to complete their escape across the Pictish Wilderness. The Version 1 rules can be found below as well as a description of the gameplay. The Tome will also feature brand new artwork created for this campaign.

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/idwgames/batman-the-animated-series-adventures?ref=discovery_category_newest

Story

• Who's Online   14 Members, 1 Anonymous, 41 Guests (See full list)