Sign in to follow this  
Asoares

Bones 4 direwolf

4 minutes ago, Highlander said:

In spite of the ubiquitous Bones mold line, your fur coloring and painting is very nice.

Thanks! I was gonna try and remove the line but I was afraid of messing up his face.

• Like 5

That was an excellent decision, IMO.  I've pretty well given up on Bones because of the damage I've done  removing mold lines.  Perhaps, someday, I'll figure it out.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Highlander said:

That was an excellent decision, IMO.  I've pretty well given up on Bones because of the damage I've done  removing mold lines.  Perhaps, someday, I'll figure it out.

19 minutes ago, Highlander said:

I like them for the most part because they're cheap so I don't feel bad if I mess them up and they won't leave a dent in the dining room table if I drop them during a game XD

• Like 3

I understand.  I don't address mold lines with my military wargaming figures.  Simply no need ... and nobody would notice.

Display figures .... however.  Which is why I've stopped doing Bones.  HST, I now have two Blacks and I'm looking forward to trying to clean them up.

• Like 2

BONUS POINTS for painting a WOLF!

To be honest, I got one of these and I didn't like the sculpt, but you painted it well and it looks a whole lot better than I imagined it would be.

It gives me hope and maybe I will still paint mine one day.

Well done and keep posting your work!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

BONUS POINTS for painting a WOLF!

To be honest, I got one of these and I didn't like the sculpt, but you painted it well and it looks a whole lot better than I imagined it would be.

It gives me hope and maybe I will still paint mine one day.

Well done and keep posting your work!

Thanks so much! I really love wolves and I was actually super nervous about painting him up like I wouldn't do him justice so i used 5 different reference pictures to get the colors and pattern just right.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Asoares said:

Thanks so much! I really love wolves and I was actually super nervous about painting him up like I wouldn't do him justice so i used 5 different reference pictures to get the colors and pattern just right.

I get a feeling you and me will get along fine here!

wlf cmc.jpg

• Haha 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By I'mHere
      I recently finished up my BlackSting Wyvern from the Bones 4 Kickstarter. I'm really pleased with how it came out. I've been working on it off and on since March.

Thanks for taking a look. : )

• By Maledrakh
      This is another mini in the Bones 4 Fan Favorites expansion that really should have been in the Lost Valley expansion. The Mammoth.

One of the tusks snapped in two because I have butterfingers and dropped the model to the floor at one point. This highlighted a crucial difference between the rigid and more brittle Bones Black material and the rubbery Classic Bones material that would not have snapped. (At least I have never had any classic Bones snap, and I have dropped quite a few of them, let me tell you. Also the large ones.)
      Luckily the break was clean and the tusk glued on without much ado nor filling or even filing needed. It had not even warped out of shape. Can you tell which tusk broke off by looking at the pictures?
      Mammoths dissappeared after the last Ice Age about 10.000 years ago, with a holdout herd on some remote island lasting up until about 4000 years ago. Exactly why they died out is cause for much speculation. I believe the answer is a rather down to earth; "them wuz good eatin' ". I hold no truck with the  modern myth that says ancient humans were living in harmony with nature. Humans will hunt and eat other species to extinction, and have done so innumerable times in the past.
      I think humans as a species are and always have been too selfish and too small minded to see the wider consequences of their actions. Witness the ongoing burning or clearing of rain forests all over the world, the rampant overfishing of international waters, or even just the dumping of garbage everywhere from litter on the streets to throwing wet wipes down the toilet. Short term gains (or even convenience) for individual groups of humans will in most cases win over longer term conservation of our environment unless conservation efforts are forcibly enforced in force by other forceful groups of humans who are willing to actually use force. Such is the sad state of the human condition.
      Oh well,
      In the expansion art during the kickstarter, it said "huge" next to the image, but when the shipment arrived, it was not all that huge...so they called it "pygmy mammoth". It is not really all that small when placed next to a human sized model. IRL a woolly mammoth could be around 4 metres tall.

Looks about right to me.  Maybe not the largest individiual that could exist, but still within normal size parameters. Still not "huge" though. "Huge" would be a proper Fantasy mammoth.

This mini was completed August 12th 2020

Pygmy Mammoth, from the Fan Favorites Expansion
      Bones 4 kickstarter, delivered 2019
      Reaper Miniatures
      Sculpted by Jason Wiebe
      Made in Bones Black PVC
      102x52mm bespoke 3D printed base
      available from reapermini.com
    • By TheUncannyAK
      The dire crocodile, dire boar, and dire crab were one of the Bones 4 addons, and it doesn't look like they've hit retail just yet. Which is a shame, because we need more giant crabs.

The mud on the dire crocodile's base is just some water effect goo dribbled on that half of the base. The barnacles attached to the rocks on the dire crab's base were sculpted with green stuff. The rocks... those are just rocks.

• By canuckotter
      Finished a couple of the Greybeards set from Bones 4. Here's the latest:

The camera's being a bit weird and I can't get the colours right for both the clothing and skin at the same time, so the first pic is to show off the skin colour and the rest are to show off the colours for the rest.

It's been a while since I've done any significant painting so my skills are pretty rusty, but I moved my hobby area and finally got some motivation so I decided to make sure that I had spare wizards so friends could join a spontaneous game of Frostgrave with me if they wanted to. It's never happened but I wanted to be prepared.  

• Who's Online   22 Members, 1 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)