Sign in to follow this  
Neyuttad

Cloak and Dagger: A Spy Game

Shannon starts to look calmer as the guard with the crossbow departs the room. "Look I am sorry if I irritated you mister but people point crossbows at me scares me. You want to speak with Kris, fine but I'll wait 'ere till you are finished."

Kyra, having been quiet during the fast ordeal, looks to Jacob, recovering from her shock. "I am sorry sir. It was not my intent to hide such things. If I had been given proper warning of a search, I would have willingly gave it up," she gives a look of hurt to Josi who had been all to eager to search her and to the other guard who had looked all too eager to shoot. Her eyes are moist as if she could cry at any given moment. She turns back to Jacob and continues her explanation. "You see sir, I've carried the dagger ever since I was attacked so time ago. I was on my way home from work one night and I was attacked. They took what little money I had and left me for dead. Thankfully Sharon, was later getting off and found me." She looks to Shannon and smiles tearfully, "Bless her, she nursed my wounds since I had no family. Ever since then she's been a little over protective of me." She pauses and looks back to Jacob still looking like she could cry at any time. "The dagger, sir, was my father's; may he rest in peace. It was one of the few items I didn't sell upon his death. To be quite honest, I don't ever know how to use it." She looks Jacob in the eyes as two single tears roll down her face, "I swear its purpose was for self defense and nothing more." She lowers her head and waits for his response.

Jacob's expression was totally blank and unreadable.

"Josi, return the dagger to the lady and apologize."

"You three, I will see you inside my office now." he said to the dwarf of the two woman then turned his back to them and walked inside his office leaving the door open.

Kyra excepts her dagger back from Josi and offers a faint smile of forgiveness however her face still protrays that of discomfort.

Holding her dagger awkwardly, she follows the others into Jacob's office.

Vincent lowered his spyglass, then went over to his bed and pulled out his trunk. After looking around a bit, he founded his pipe, matches, and the little can of pipe weed he always kept. Filling his pipe, he walked over to the window, and stared out at the mansion and the rainy street.

Vincent stroke the match against the stone wall, lit his pipe, and puffed out smoke. All the while, his gaze was fixed on the mansion...

I wonder how they are doing?

Jacob settled down comfortably behind his desk and looked up at the three newcomers.

"Like I said, if you can cook then you're hired. Report yourself to Sara at the mansion and tell her I sent you. You're dismissed." he told the dwarf.

"As for you ladies, do tell me your story." he smiled and motioned for them to sit down.

Shannon sits down and starts to talk. "Ow many times do we have to go through it, we are looking for work. We can do most things you need in a house cleaning, waiting, whatever you need. Now your man on the gate said you had some jobs going for maids if so we can do it but to be honest I am not so sure I want a job here. Your guards and your own statements scare me more than a little, but if the money is right then ..... well I won't deny it I, we are desperate for work."

Kyra sits uneasily holding the dagger. As she looks a Jacob, she smiles timidly. She gives a slight nod when Shannon mentions they are desparate for work.

"Please sir, can we be of any service? None of the other houses are hiring and we are so needing the work."

"You women are going to be the death of me" he said resignedly. "Ok, I guess you should follow the dwarf and see Sara too."

OCC: GUYS, DON'T POST ANYMORE, GO SEE THE GATHERING THREAD. I

VE BEEN TALKING TO A FEW PLAYERS ABOUT A POSSIBLE CHANGE IN THIS CAMPAIGN AND UNTIL THEN, WE'll PAUSE FOR A BIT