Sign in to follow this  
Neyuttad

Cloak and Dagger: A Spy Game

Gund awakes the next morning with a splitting headache and the memory of a dream. Oh, Moradin! Did I have to drink six pitchers? And why was Jorel wearing that tall hat and colorful jacket, and carrying a bullwhip? Why was he making me and the others jump through a flaming hoop? He shakes his head, both to clear the cobwebs and to answer his unspoken questions. Was that Oliver? And Kyra? I wonder if Shannon has been awakened?

Too tired and hungover to think any more, he hastily scribbles a note to Elvin, his employer. "You-know-who has summoned me. Will be gone for Moradin knows how long. I better have a job when I get back." He almost falls down on his way to place the note on the bar. I better be gone by the time he gets here, I'm liable to have to fight him. His employer has never been too understanding about his real job, and Gund doesn't think this time will be any different. He stumbles up to his room, disrobes, and collapses on the bed.

It is later, much later, when the dwarf awakes the second time. He rubs his eyes and looks out the window. An hour before that idot gets here. Better get a move on, he'll be angry when he finds out I haven't opened up yet, he thinks, smiling evilly. He walks across his small room to the washbasin and tips it over his head. Then he dons in his black leather armor and skull cap, and pulls on his black pants, boots, gloves, and cloak. His collar is already in place, since he never takes it off. He walks to one of the walls and taps twice. A section slides away, revealing a bandolier with numerous daggers, a belt with several pouches containing another brace, a small backpack, and an ordinary looking metal rod. He quickly straps on his weapons and gear, but pauses when he picks up the rod. Hello, pretty, it's been a while. We're needed again. Hope you're ready, he thinks before clasping it to his belt. Who'm I kidding, I hope I'm ready.

His preparations complete, he opens the window and slides down the drainpipe. Once on the ground, he makes his way toward the Slum, and the house on Beggar's Heaven.

"Dead in the ground" Analyn said with finality. "As well as everyone in the estate at the night of the strike. We will replace them with our own agents."

That last statement caused some around the table to shift uneasilly.

Gund steps forward from the corner of the room where he has been standing silently. "You know I don't kill without a reason, Jorel. I'm not gonna slaughter innocents. Self-defense I can handle, but not murder."

Gund steps forward from the corner of the room where he has been standing silently. "You know I don't kill without a reason, Jorel. I'm not gonna slaughter innocents. Self-defense I can handle, but not murder."

"Why do I know you were going to say that?" Jorel sighed. "I do not like this either but we must retain our secrecy. In any case, we need someone to go and get hired as a guard, a cook or whatever so we have a better picture of what's inside." He looked around waiting for volunteer.

Gund steps forward from the corner of the room where he has been standing silently.  "You know I don't kill without a reason, Jorel.  I'm not gonna slaughter innocents.  Self-defense I can handle, but not murder."

"Whatever you do with the rest of the people, I doubt I would care. From what I've heard blackmail and extortion can keep people's mouth zipped up pretty tight." Vincent said while smilling at the dwarf.

"I would focus our attention on the main target, which I assume is this Toman guy." Vincent said to the rest of the people sitting around the table.

"That I could handle, but as for the rest of the staff and guards... maybe a quick and painless poison if they resist?" he said without any hint of a joke.

"I can cook, and I'll get you whatever information you need, but I will not kill anyone unless it's absolutely necessary."

"The servants and maids can be dealt later with a compulsion to forget." Analyn said. "As I mentioned earlier, we don't want friends and families peeking in after their disapearance. As for the mercenaries, they must be eliminated."

The blonde elf stands close to the table with her hands on her hips, listening to the mission at hand. Her petite structure is tightly outlined by her midnight blue clothing though also draped with her cloak. Two belts crisscross at her waist, each one with multiple pouches. Also exposed on her waist are her weapons; a chakram on each hip along with a rapier on her left side. From time to time, she rubs and adjusts what appear to be normal bracers on her wrists as it is obvious that she has not worn them in a while. The others that have known Kyra before, know that the bracers are far more than ordinary, as with one quick push of a button, metal claws instantly shoot out.

She remains quiet as the newcomer asks his questions, thinking the assignment almost sounds too easy. She continues to think this until Analyn informs that no one will be left alive. She eyes widen slightly as she glances at Gund. He will certainly have a problem with this, as do I.

Raising her eyes to Jorel she says with a smooth firmness, “As you know Jorel, I have no problem taking out guards or anyone else who crosses my path, but I must agree with Gund on the issue of the innocents. However, I’m sure Shannon and I can be hired in as house entertainers or at the very least a house maids.” She smiles mischievously as she glances over at Shannon remembering some of their previous missions together.

Hearing Analyn's response, Kyra nods in approval.

"Present your evidence."

Oliver stares into the face of Analyn. It was the first sounds he had made since arriving. Many did not realize he was there.....It was his gift, or curse, to be almost unnoticable. He had no know friends. It wasn't that he was considered dislikable... he just wasn't considered at all.

"You know my standards. I will not kill except out of uter necessity. I follow the code of my profession to the very letter: The Rules of Evidence. I won't violate those standards for you or anyone else......so present your case, and convince us that those people have committed crimes heinous enough to deserve death without a trial......"

He then faded into the background.....

"Master Oliver, you of all the people here should know about Temon Oreli and his exploits." Avelyn replied.

"Temon the Smuggler, Temon the Pirate, Temon the Murderer... the time we have tonight will not be enough for me to present all of my evidence." She said with extreme disgust.

"But if you don't know or don't believe me, you'll have a week to learn more about our friend Temon."

Shannon arrives at the meeting point, shortly before the appointed time. As she enters the others who have already arrived see a woman in a dull grey cloak, as she looks up her face is revealed though only to a degree as the amount of make-up on it hides the true contours if her face. When she removes the cloak her attire clearly marks her as a women of well let's say negiotable virtue.

"God I am glad I don't have to wear this every night any more. Good evening Jorel glad to see you are well." Then as she spots Kyra a huge smile comes over her face she rushes over a give the Elven woman a quick hug "Thank God I am not the only woman on this gig."

As the plan is out-lined Shannon listens intently, looking to see where best the skills can be used. "As Kyra says I am sure we can gain access to the house and gather information on it's layout and activities by one means or another, though Jorel you know if I have to uncross my legs for a you I will expect the usual fee to be paid. Still hopefully it won't come to that."

As the plan is out-lined Shannon listens intently, looking to see where best the skills can be used. "As Kyra says I am sure we can gain access to the house and gather information on it's layout and activities by one means or another, though Jorel you know if I have to uncross my legs for a you I will expect the usual fee to be paid. Still hopefully it won't come to that."

Avalyn locked gaze with Jorel as if telling him "THIS IS YOUR TEAM?"

Jorel coughed nervously and said "My dear, you know it as well as I do that money is of no concern, we're working for an organization whose power none of us can truely appreciate and...."

"And hopefully, you won't have to uncross those long legs of yours." Avelyn bluntly.

Through the magical jewelry, you're aware that she's quite annoyed with this whole thing and doesn't bother to block the link. This isn't what she expected of Jorel's infamous Urban Ghosts.

OCC: Urban Ghosts team: Kyra, Shannon, Aerik, Gund and Oliver. Vincent and Avelyn are not part of the group.

"Look miss I have had to live on these streets with no help from anyone. I had one great asset and I used that to the betterment of my live, am I proud of it no, but would I still do it again if I had my live over again ? absolutely. The information I have been able to gather has helped Jorel out on many an occasion. You don't like what I am well too bad." Looking at the other two new people "Same applies to you as well, I am what I am."

Kyra who knows Shannon better than the rest can see the combined looks of anger and pain in Shannon's face.

"You don't like us Lady?" Gund asks Analyn. It's hard to tell if he's angry or not. The damage done to his vocal chords all those years ago left him with very little voice modulation. "There's the door, don't let it hit you in the @ss on the way out."

Kyra crosses her arms. Aiya, this is one reunion, she thinks aggregately however disabling the earrings from telling the others so. She is new to us; she will have to learn our ways. Joral of all people should have warned her that we’re not the easiest bunch to get along with. Not to mention that we don’t take to strangers well; especially those that start barking orders at us…

“Woah, hold on,” Kyra says as she looks from her team to Analyn. “I have heard the stories of Temon and trust me, he’s no saint. Those of you who have not heard of him will not have a problem taking him out once you meet him.”

She looks back to Joral and Analyn, “Correct me if I’m wrong, but if all of Temon’s guards are mercenaries, then they should not have loyalties to him. Once Temon and his close affiliates are removed, they should have no reason to fight knowing that their money source is gone; this goes for the servants as well.”

Jorel who was not enjoying what was going on put his palms against each others as if in prayer and hold them against his lips. He sucked air through them and started to speak slowly and steadily trying to stay as calm as possible.

"Enough, you may not like taking orders from Analyn but you will surely take them from me. You're all professionals and duty bound to do your job as you're told." He said through gritted teeth. "Analyn, you may continue."

Avelyn who glared at the whole bunch trying to kill them with her stare alone, reluctantlly resumed. "Temon guards are mercenaries but have worked for him for a long time and know of his identity. If we are to take control of his estate and his social position within Siltar, they must also be eliminated."

"Not all mercenaries are disloyal." Jorel said to his group reminding them that Urban Ghosts was not much unlike a mercenary band.