Sign in to follow this  
Neyuttad

Cloak and Dagger: A Spy Game

"Not all mercenaries are disloyal." Jorel said to his group reminding them that Urban Ghosts was not much unlike a mercenary band.

"True..." Vincent said while scanning the table and observing every member of the group.

"Now, I know nothing about this Tamon guy other than that he's a wanted smuggler. Do you have any current information about him? Do you have any information on his past, his reputation, or anything so far that we might need?" he asked, with his pen ready above his notepad.

"Little is known of the man itself other than his heinous crimes. We do know he's a master fighter and will not be an easy target, we know some of his lieutenants are now with him and most of the guards are veteran fighters and I assure you, none of them are innocent of anything" Analyn answered.

Vincent shrugged, then jotted more down on his pad.

"Alright, we will need a few agents inside the manor, yes? Whoever gets in would need to find as much as they can about any plans Tamon have. If there's any special occasions such a feast or a conference, we want to know about it. Also, information on guard placements, shifts, and stuff like that would be needed. We can plan out an attack later after we know more about the situation." Vincent proposed, then leaned back on his chair.

"Also, information on Tamon's contact with the outside world will be needed, yes?" he said.

"Yes, we need people in but no more than two, three at most. We do not want to raise suspicions." Jorel replied, enjoying the assasin professionalism.

"Well Kyra and I can see if we can gain employment for more ordinary roles, if not I will try my second approach. As long as I keep my disguises in order I doubt they will recongnise me from one role to the next." Shannon chuckles slightly "Afterall they rarely are looking towards my face long enough to notice."

"Good, and Gund, do you still want to be hired as a cook?" Jorel asked.

"Vincent, there's a inn on Melvin street, the Lady Mine, that offers a good view of the estate. We already have a room reserved and I can't think of anyone better to watch over our ladies here."

Jorel looked around to hear what the rest of the group plan to do.

"I'll go tonight, then. I might as well clear out of the little room in the Maltese Hawk." Vincent said.

"I'll check the inn. It could provide us with an up-close forward base before we attack the estate." Vincent said, pocketed his pen and notepad, then stood up.

"I'll go tonight, then. I might as well clear out of the little room in the Maltese Hawk." Vincent said.

"I'll check the inn. It could provide us with an up-close forward base before we attack the estate." Vincent said, pocketed his pen and notepad, then stood up.

Analyn nodded in agreement "Equipments are already in place and one of our agent is guarding the room right now."

"Yeah, yeah, I'll be the cook," Gund replies, still staring at Analyn.  "When do you want us hired?"

"In the morning you should present yourself at the estate as a cook for hire." Analyn replied without looking at him. "Ladies, a few hours before dusk."

With a start, my head left the pillow, throbbing with a dull ache.

"Damned it all, why can't he leave a bloody note," I muttered sourly. I could see sunlight streaming around the shutters to my room. "Great, I probably missed breakfast too."

I stumbled downstairs, the sleep still in my eyes. Yawning noisily, I stretched and sat at a table. Rickum approached. "What you having for luncheon slug," he asked. Damned it all, it was later than I thought. I hopped into the kitchen over Rickum's protests and grabbed myself a wedge of hard cheese and a roll. It was a meal on the go.

The slums, tonight. Great bloody place for a gathering. Armed too, like that was going to be a question.

I went upstairs, fetched my leathers, some oil and a whetstone. I slung my handbow from my hip and a case of 20 bolts to the other hip. My curved dagger [OOC Kukri] went to it's favorite hidey hole at the small of my back. I didn't think I would need any of the bigger weapons, so I grabbed a short sword from my chest and lashed it across my back. "Forewarned is better than fore armed," I thought as I made it a point to get to the Slums and watch everyone else arriving.

I left a small pouch of coins for Rickum to ensure my room was left as it were. I suspected I would be gone for a few nights, at least. Jenn was manning the hearth. "Nice job on the boots kid, thanks." I threw her a wink and a smile. She blushed furiously and went back to sweeping the hearth.

"Don't go stickin' yer nose where it don't belong Aerik," Rickum chortled.

I sighed and threw my cloak over my shoulders, covering up my equipment. "I never do old man. I never do." Grinning innocently, I made for the door and entered the busy streets.

Getting to the Slums wasn't too hard, in fact it was easy. I just followed my nose. I found the second house on Beggar's Heaven with no difficulty. I found a nice alley to crouch in and sat to watching. To pass the time, I took out my oil, a rag, and my whetstone and starting making sure my toys were ready for playtime.

It was getting pretty late now, but I didn't mind. Waiting is something I do well. I let my mind go, and considered what little party Jorel was inviting me to this time. The rain didn't make me any happier, but my cloak was thick and I was warm.

I watched as a few characters came to the building as the sky darkened. After counting four, and not seeing any more arrive, I decided it was time to join the party.

Dripping wet, I entered the little room and nodded to all.

"Ladies, Gentlemen, Dwarf. Well met. Sorry I'm late, you didn't really say when Jorel. Night is so vague. What did I miss?"

[OOC Sorry gang, still not feeling great and ended up napping for a spell, in mid typing.]

I'll try to keep up. ::P:

"And you gentlemen, have you anything in mind?" Analyn asked the bloodhound and the detective.

"They should move to the inn, along with me. We can take turns watching the estate from our room. Besides, I might be able to sneak around the neighborhood while they keep watch should anyone might spot me. I might want to check out the surroundings more. Also, we need a good place too meet..." Vincent said.

"And you gentlemen, have you anything in mind?" Analyn asked the bloodhound and the detective.

"They should move to the inn, along with me. We can take turns watching the estate from our room. Besides, I might be able to sneak around the neighborhood while they keep watch should anyone might spot me. I might want to check out the surroundings more. Also, we need a good place too meet..." Vincent said.

"Good idea Vincent." He looked at Aerik and Oliver awaiting their decision.