Sign in to follow this  
Neyuttad

Cloak and Dagger: A Spy Game

Keeping watch? I can handle that no problem. How much time do we have. I prefer a couple days at least to make sure I know the Mark's habits.

Do we have any of his other contacts in the city too? It may not hurt to learn their habits too. Just to make sure our Tamon knows their roles as well.

"What equipments have you provided for me?" he asked, and began pacing around the table.

"Magically enhanced spyglasses and a pair of long range heavy crossbows." Analyn answered.

"What about you two?" he said to Analyn and Jorel.

"Will you be coming along?"

"Analyn will be around, as for me, I have other...business to take care of" Jorel said, as vague as ever.

"Okay great, so we have some toys at our disposal. We're watching this house for awhile. A couple of us are infiltrating the manor. Why are we sitting here waiting?"

Aerik stands up wondering why there is so much of a delay.

"We can sort out specifics as we go. We get in, we get Toman, we make sure his guards can't tell anymore tales, we don't kill the help. We do it quick and quiet. Am I missing something here?"

Aerik pauses for a second.

"I did miss something. You know this isn't going to be cheap Jorel. Not that I think you're no good for it, but what are we talking here for a bounty on this guy? And lady, I don't want to hear your backtalking us either. Don't forget we all have these little gew gaws and I know you ain't right fond of us already."

Aerik stared cooly at Analyn.

"I did miss something. You know this isn't going to be cheap Jorel. Not that I think you're no good for it, but what are we talking here for a bounty on this guy? And lady, I don't want to hear your backtalking us either. Don't forget we all have these little gew gaws and I know you ain't right fond of us already."

Aerik stared cooly at Analyn.

The small elf ignored the remark. "Let me tell you a little bit about your rings if you don't already know about it" she said as she took off the small emerald set on her forehead.

"The magic inside the stone is passive. That means you can receive telepathic transmission from your teammates without alerting magical users with the right spell. On the other hand, while you transmit, the magic is no longer passive and the longer you keep the transmission, the more likely it will be for you to be detected." she paused and locked eyes with everyone in the room one after another.

"Use it only with extreme caution, and when you do, be quick and to the point. We do not know if Tormon has a wizard around and we do not want to run the risk of being detected yet."

"We cannot have any stable plans without proper information." Vincent said calmly.

"I'm moving out tonight, and checking this estate from that inn. I might even do some snopping with some help of those guys." He said pointing to Aerik and Oliver.

"As for the rest of you guys, I suggest moving tommorow. Now, who will be the first one to be hired into the manor? Kyra? Gund? Shannon? You guys can't just all pile up in the front door asking for a job..." Vincent said.

Vincent stopped and turned to Analyn and Jorel.

"Is there any way you can pull some strings and keep the City Watch patrols away from the Liberty District? We wouldn't want coppers to be there when we sneak around." he asked.

I've worked with the Watch on a number of occasions. I can see some friends about this as well. Maybe get them assigned to the area. That way it's not so obvious they're not around, but they won't also interfere too.

Jorel, if I give you a few names, can you pull some strings?

"As for the rest of you guys, I suggest moving tommorow. Now, who will be the first one to be hired into the manor? Kyra? Gund? Shannon? You guys can't just all pile up in the front door asking for a job..." Vincent said.

"As I said, Gund will try to get himself hired as a cook in the morning, Kyra and Shannon a few hours before dusk." Analyn replied wearilly.

"Is there any way you can pull some strings and keep the City Watch patrols away from the Liberty District? We wouldn't want coppers to be there when we sneak around." he asked.

"The district is heavilly patrolled. It would seem that our friend Termon is really confident... that or he himself pulled some strings." Jorel said dismissing the idea of keeping the Watch away. "I do not want any more variables added to an already complex equation."

heck, I just noticed on the map. He's got dogs on the property. You have any idea what kind, how many, and what they're used for? I don't really want to be going over the wall to land face to face with a pack of bear hounds.

heck, I just noticed on the map. He's got dogs on the property. You have any idea what kind, how many, and what they're used for? I don't really want to be going over the wall to land face to face with a pack of bear hounds.

"It'll be your job to find out." Analyn said with a smile.

"Jorel, if we're not planning on killing the hired hands, only the hired muscle. You happen to have anything laying around in your bag of tricks we can have Cooky," nodding to the Dwarf, "serve up that might cause them to all take a nap for the night we're planning to strike? Maybe this will make those a little less comfortable with bloodshed feel better."

"Jorel, if we're not planning on killing the hired hands, only the hired muscle. You happen to have anything laying around in your bag of tricks we can have Cooky," nodding to the Dwarf, "serve up that might cause them to all take a nap for the night we're planning to strike? Maybe this will make those a little less comfortable with bloodshed feel better."

"I might be able to do that." Vincent said with a smile.

"I could be able to find a good sleeping agent or poison, but it might take some time... and some gold." he said.

"More will be decided once we have more information about the estate." Jorel said. "Tomorrow morning, you will all meet at the Lady Mine and get ready but don't be too obvious."

"Any more questions?" Jorel said and looked around and more specifically at Oliver who has been really quiet tonight.

I've nothing else to ask for now. I'll see you two tomorrow. I'm planning to arrive at the Lady around mid-day. I'll spend the few hours remaining tonight getting to know the back alleys and neighborhoods around our friend's house. Vinny, care to join me for a little look-see?

After that, I'm going home for a last decent day of sleep. I have a feeling I won't be getting much for next week...

"Yes, I'll go. Meet me outside the inn. I gotta go back to the Maltesse Hawk and gather up my stuff, then I'll head on over there." Vincent said.

After the last question had been asked and answered, he turned to the rest of the people around the table.

"I'll see you guys tommorow at the inn. We'll talk more there. Good night." he said with a nod, then walked out of the door and into the pouring rain.

Later, he arrived at the Maltese Hawk. He went upstairs, placed all of his stuff into his trunk, then carried it downstairs again. After handing the room keys back to the innkeeper, Vincent walked out again into the rain. Boarding a nearby coach, Vincent climbed aboard, placed his trunk in the back, and handed the driver a few gold pieces.

"Take me to Lady Mine inn in the Liberty District." he said after handing the man the money. Then, Vincent was in for yet another bumby ride in the rain.