Sign in to follow this  
Neyuttad

Cloak and Dagger: A Spy Game

Just as Tanner is about to shoo the man away,( D@mn fool, I don't want attention drawn to me. I don't know who you are, but you'd better stand down fellow.), the guard from the corner intercedes and the two are hurriedly ushered upstairs. Tanner decides that it would most probably be best to just follow along and keep as low of a profile as possible.

Kyra smiles as Shannon remarks on elven sleep. She looks to Vincent, "Yes, water would be nice."

Once he leaves Kyra unpacks the dress she had in her bag. "Well this is one thing I needed to pick up," she says laying it over a chair. She walks around the room almost pacing. Until she hears heavy footsteps outside the door. She stops and watches as Vincent and another man are urshered into the room by a guard.

Her hands immendately cross to her hips as each grabs a chakram. She eyes Vincent sternly, "What's going on?" Her glaze moves to the stranger, "Who are you?"

She stands ready to launch her razor shape blades if the stanger only gives her a reason. Her eyes glare from Vincent, to the stranger, to Shannon and back to the stranger.

All he did was go down to get water, what did he do? Kyra thinks as she still isn't impressed with the new member of their "team." And he didn't even bring the water!

"He's the one Jorel woke up, if I'm not mistaken." Vincent said casually, then sat down again. He pulled out his ring and put it on again, then leaned back, and observed the newcomer.

"You have the ring. I assume you're the one Jorel sent, yes?" Vincent asked.

Looking around at the group assembled around him, Tanner notices that each sports an item of emerald jewlery. "Yes, Jorel sent me. I had expected the reception to be a little bit warmer however, as he expressed to me your urgent need for a man of my talents." With that he holds up the hand with the ring on it and small blue flames spurt and dance about his fingertips.

"My name is Tanner Durdin and I guess I'm here to help you out. And please put those blades away young lady, you're making us all a bit nervous." He says in a stern yet fatherly tone.

"Well no..." Vincent said with a smile.

"That would have been worse. I decided to play around with him a bit, just to make sure he's not some guy that just decided to stop here. It was a gamble..." he said with a shrug.

Luck, skill, weapon, poison... tools of the trade.

He turned and nodded at the stranger

"Well good, Mr. Tanner. Please excuse my antic downstairs. So... what do you do again?" he said.

Kyra relaxes a bit and with one smooth, criss-cross motion, her chakrams are returned to her hips.

"Sorry," she says matter-of-factly. "I'm not too trusting of strangers." She flashes Vincent a look.

She walks over to Tanner and extends her hand, "I'm Kyra, no hard feelings okay?"

"It's never wise to trust strangers..." Vincent said with a shrug.

You never really want to consider anyone anything more than a stranger... it makes it harder to kill them without remorse...

"So Master Tanner, what kind of service can you provide for our operation?" he asked.

"None what-so-ever young lady." Tanner responds with a brief nod in her direction, touching the fingertips of his left hand to his forhead before extending his right to accept her handshake. "I did not realize that you might be as startled by my appearance as I by yours. As for your question young sir. I am a fair hand with a blade as well as a wielder of the magic arts. I used to be a law enforcement officer in the northern country, but that was many many years ago."

"Law enforcement, eh? Well, your just in time. We were just planning how we would carry out our mission. Please, take a seat." Vincent said.

"Now, I assume Jorel has told what's going on so far, yes?" he asked.

Tanner, takes the offered seat gladly; trying to show the others that he is sufficiently relaxed so that maybe they will do the same. He sets his bulky pack down next to him and briefly massages the previously underused muscles in his bicep and shoulder.

"Yes, son. Jorel gave me the basics of the situation. Tell me what you have planned."

"Kyra and Shannon here are planning to infiltrate into Termon's mansion as housemaids or servants. We already have one of our operatives, Gund the dwarf, inside as a cook. Now, we are currently seeking information about Termon and the basic layout of the mansion." Vincent said, then turned to the two ladies.

"We will need to know about every rooms in the mansion, and the contents of the room. Keep your eyes open for desks, lights, chairs, furnitures, and the likes. I would not doubt we might have to do some sneaking around inside the mansion. We will also need to know about the guard placement around and inside the mansion. Be sure to keep watch of any patrols." he said, then turned to Tanner.

"The room next door is ours too. There's a window and two spyglasses inside. From there, we have a near perfect view over the whole mansion." Vincent said as he stood up again and leaned against the window.

Where in the world is Aerik?

"We will need to find a map of this district. Also, I will need to visit an alchemist or an apothecary. Do you guys know of any?" he asked.

"Well, as luck would have it," Tanner replies to Vincent "I own and run a modest alchemy and potions shop here in town. Which is most probably part of the reason that Jorel visited me in the first place. What is it you're looking for?" He asks, rumaging through his duffle and coming out with a small leather case. "I brought along a small variety of poisons and sleeping potions in anticipation of what may be needed on this job."

"Nothing at the moment, Master Tanner. As long as we know we have a good alchemist at hand is enough for now." Vincent said as he turned around and walked towards the door.

"Now, I'm going downstairs to get something to eat. You wanted water, right?" he asked Kyra, then nodded.

"Fine. I'll be back in a minute." he said, as he walked out again, and went down to the inn.

Coughing noisily, I opened the door to our rooms at the Lady Mine and entered, tossing a sodden cloak and slouch hat to the carpet.

"Sorry for the delays fellas, it seems this never ending bath from the heavens has given me a bit of consumption." Another cough wracked my body. "I'm actually feeling better though, try to bear with me."

I nodded in greeting to Shannon, Kyra and Vinny. "New guy here? Another late sleeper? I presume since his limbs remain intact, he's with us."

I walked over to one of the chairs and stretched out.

"So, I had a chance to case Termon's neighborhood last night while most of us were sleeping. Part of why I'm a little late, I needed the sleep. To be honest, getting in should not be too difficult. The guards barely pay attention to each other, let alone making sure no one gets into the estate. This makes me a little nervous about what else might be behind the walls. The rest of the neighborhood was very quiet. I may have been the only one on the streets and alleys last night for all I knew. Granted," pointing to the window, "this isn't making it friendly for people being outdoors."

"So, do we have any idea of what the plan is today? I'm happy to stay out of the rain if possible."

I reached into my vest and pulled out a rag to cough into. Checking the rag to make sure there was no more blood I wadded it back up and put it into the vest. "Bloody ribs are killing me. I hope we can avoid some heavy lifting for a while."

I pulled my curved dagger out of its hidden sheath and began to oil and rehone the blade. "I'm just going to rest here for a bit more. Are we planning on doing day work or more night work? I'm still a little worn out, so I'm happy for any extra bit of rest we can get."