• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ShantyShakin
      I took this idea directly from DMGInfo and put a couple small twists to it based on what my home game players might like. Plus, I think they make pretty cool props for a dungeon that might be a library or wizard tower or whatever. It's an experiment, so the execution is a little sloppy on some of them, but I learned a lot so if I ever decide to do a new set (which I likely will) I can take what I learned to make a much better finished product. 

I started with craft sticks(popsicle sticks) cut into 1cm x 7mm pieces and used a cereal box for the book covers. On some of them, I cut up bits of the cereal box to add dimension. Superglue to keep it all together. 

In hindsight the cereal box I used was pretty cheap and wanted to warp and split into layers. Next time I may use a thin chipboard, or card stock.

Here they are all primed up, ready for paint. 

Some of the designs are just decorative, while others are leather straps and buckles that bind the whole book, metallic corners to help "protect" the covers' corners, etc.

I apologize for the dreadful lighting on these. I used the same acrylic paints I use on my minis. Next time I'll use craft paint because craft paints are thicker and go on thicker, which you definitely want. Spent a lot of time waiting for layers to dry. 

I used metallics for the raised bits on the finished ones above and I am pretty happy with the first set. 

The second set will have some more ambitious designs such as reptile scale book covers and:

an eye sculpted out of green stuff! The more I use it, the more I love it. It allows me to add all sorts of little details to things as well as fill gaps.

I'll post the finished shots once I get the last of them painted up. 

I hope you enjoyed this and are inspired to craft your own props for your dungeons/games. Happy Crafting!
    • By Scott W
      I have been working on my contrast while painting- 

I love this sculpt!

This was shot with 2 different lighting setups- which one does everyone prefer?

• By Inarah
      Desiree Dark, from the RAFM line of Modern Heroes.  This is the second time I have painted her, and I wanted to go dark, but not all black.  Experimented with some rich purple and deep blue, and new metallics. She'll make a good vampire hunter or cultist bounty hunter. 

• By lexomatic
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1926633625/tabletop-terrain-from-xps-foam-buildings

Saw about this via Black Magic Craft.
      31 Euro shipping for rest of the world will probably rule me out. I'm not sure I can find value in 85 euro all in for books and templates. That's a lot of supplies (I dont have room for).
  • Who's Online   16 Members, 2 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)