MonoMEGA

The Uprising Miniature's Race!

On 11/10/2019 at 2:19 PM, kristof65 said:

My recommendation to Reaper would be to design some sort of organizational system and out of stock cards like Wizkids has, and offer them up to retailers. 

I had a thought about this today.

Rather than try to match the organizational system and out of stock cards that WizKids uses, Reaper could publish a catalog with a curated selection of minis organized into various race/class combos.  IE, a page of "human fighters" or "elven wizards" showing 4-8 pictures of minis, and the stock numbers/names of 6-12 more. 

This would give customers in stores a quick and easy way to identify appropriate miniatures for their desired PC just as quickly as browsing the WizKids selection. (Of course, finding the right stock number buried on a wall full of Bones minis might not be that quick). And it might help get a larger exposure of Reaper Minis into those stores who don't really carry the Reaper line - they might be far more willing to acquire a catalog than acquire a decent selection of Reaper minis.  

I can think of two ways to do this - one would be similar to their current Bones catalog, but of course, this would have to be updated and reprinted periodically.  The other way would be as a looseleaf binder with the initial catalog, and then monthly/quarterly 1-4 page updates (that could be offered as PDFs as well.)

• Like 2

^ Yes! I’m new to collecting Reaper (and minis in general) and I’ve been surprised at how difficult it is to find a conveniently organized catalogue or database of figures for them. 

I’d have thought it would be a given for any company that trades in something ‘collectible’. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kalibak said:

^ Yes! I’m new to collecting Reaper (and minis in general) and I’ve been surprised at how difficult it is to find a conveniently organized catalogue or database of figures for them. 

I’d have thought it would be a given for any company that trades in something ‘collectible’. 

They had a VERY good search on the old website, but had to change it over. ReaperKit has been working really hard on it, but it takes a while to get everything on a catalog this size tagged again. Hang in there, it will be as good as the old one eventually. In the meantime, order the Bones catalog for a buck when you get something from Reaper, it doesn't have the metal mins but the plastic stuff is in there with pics. Lots of fun to dig through.

• Thanks 1

^ Ooh. That’s good to know about the catalogue. I hadn’t heard of that and it sounds perfect for me since I’m primarily/exclusively a Bones Black collector anyway. Thanks!

I’m also encouraged to hear that the website’s search engine will hopefully be improved one day too. 

• Like 1

The current catalog doesn't have the Bones Black stuff yet. At least on the new website we do have the section just for the new Bones Black stuff.